KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME PART 4- The Hunt in the Hills

USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME PART 4- The Hunt in the Hills
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Pack mules might be a good idea then. Would it slow down the group?

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 12:55 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

If you stayed with it!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 01:52 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

So, what I think we should do, is have a central group, and then do scouting our from it. So we have the pack mules, and a few people that stay with it, maybe Talin as he isn't good at scouting and Ellothiel as she is doing her little bird thing. We can then leave all our stuff there, and scout outwards, to try to pick up the trail. That way our gear is close by, but not a hinderance.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 03:46 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Ellothiel will be in rigid leather.

(also, need to name my magickitty! Hmmm...)

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 04:38 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

I vote pack animal, but if the battle is joined then we'll need someone to stop it bolting.
Menelacar would prefer to wear his chain. He will have that in a sack on him otherwise.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 07:06 PM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Wearing your chain will exhaust you very quickly. It will leave you at large penalties in a fight.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 07:09 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

Boo! Can I have it on my person?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 07:22 PM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yup, it can be on the pack animal! But it takes time to get on in a crisis.

All characters have access to leather armour; I assume you were not planning to go unprotected?

BtVS

Old Post Mar 31st, 2011 04:53 PM
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

Oh OK then, but if the pack animal bolts with my heirloom I will be majorly annoyed!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 06:12 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, Talin is okay with staying with the pack mule. He is going to wear rigid leather since going scouting in chain will wear him out so. He won't be bringing it on the pack mule, though; he'll do without.

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Apr 5th, 2011 09:27 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Looks like we may have a new joiner!

Time we named that kitty, Ellothiel! Elfcat won't quite cut it. Nor will Rathgar, Destroyer of Mice.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 6th, 2011 at 11:49 AM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2011 02:02 PM
Peach
mordrem

But I like Elfcat...

(and as far as I can tell, there is no Sindarin word for 'cat', what the hell.)

I shall think of something...

Okay, magickitty (who is a grey tabby) has a name. She is now known as Randis.

Last edited by Peach on Apr 6th, 2011 at 05:25 AM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 05:05 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Alright! Well, you are effectively leading the way with this one, Ellothiel, so what is your particular plan? I assume you are travelling solo.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 11:49 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Anglomir is going to take his leather armor and ride out ahead to see what can be seen.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 03:19 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No Elf-plan? Booo...

Ok Anglomir, you're up. Obviously you are going to look for whatever you can find... but there's a lot of chilly hills out there. Is there any particular strategy? What are you trying to find? You;re no Ranger...

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 20th, 2011 at 01:46 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2011 04:04 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Not being a ranger, Anglomir is going to look for more obvious signs that Orcs have been around. The remains of campsites, maybe? Discarded food, extinguished camp fires, garbage, footprints, clearings.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 12:56 AM
Peach
mordrem

The elf doesn't really have a plan...nothing beyond looking for evidence that something had passed through here recently, and sending Randis out to chitchat with the local wildlife.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 01:00 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, Anglomir, please not somewhere that you made a standard successful Ride roll whilst out and about!

Well, you've looked all over the general area, Anglomir. Nothing- no sign of campsites at all! Time for you to be making camp yourself. You'll need to eat provisions, of course, as you have no means of making your own. No tracking skill either, of course...

-

Ellothiel- remember you DO have Tracking whilst with your cat!

You are a bit short on major wildlife around here. What sort of animals are you looking for, and what do you want to glean from them? Simple animals can only impart simple feelings.

If you can get Randis to do anything, that is. He seems to want to sleep all day and then pesters you when you try to sleep at night.

-

Ok, time for the rest of you to get into action. Where is the mule-HQ group headed?

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 21st, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 01:51 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Is there a central-ish location? Possibly higher up, on a hill so we can see some of the surrounding area? (for the HQ).

I'll take a look, moving outwards from the HQ, but in the opposite direction of Anglomir, looking for the same sorts of things

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 04:43 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Your area to explore contains hundreds of hills.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 05:18 PM