KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME PART 4- The Hunt in the Hills

USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME PART 4- The Hunt in the Hills
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Is there a particularly large hill?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 10:52 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Damn cats. Ellothiel will poke her awake to go out tracking.

And I'd say one of the larger and more intelligent birds - an owl, or a hawk.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 11:11 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

There are many, Palidan!

-

Won't get much from an owl by day, Ellothiel!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 21st, 2011 12:03 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Talin will be our steadfast mule-handler and keep the beast of burden from bolting for any reason at all.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 07:43 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Sure! What he is not, though, is a wilderness spotter. And you are getting hungry already; you feel like a Halfling!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 26th, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2011 09:46 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

I'm not sure even Menelacar could manage a whole one!

So - we need food. Anyone have any hunting/foraging skills? If not, what supplies do we have?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2011 01:51 PM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
There are many, Palidan!

-

Won't get much from an owl by day, Ellothiel!

Well, no, but I was giving an example of what sorts of animals I want to look for stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 25th, 2011 02:14 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You have some basic provided rations, Menelacar, but they won't last particularly long.

-

Ellothiel, you've not been having much luck. Ranids is sleepy and doesn't seem to be getting on with anything he meets; he'd much rather eat the birds he sees.

You are not getting much of a sense of orc-i-ness. Some of the animals have been disturbed of late, but that's just how they react to humans being around!

BtVS

Old Post Apr 26th, 2011 10:09 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Provisions it is, then.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Apr 28th, 2011 01:28 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok! Are you going to camp out for the night alone, Anglomir?

BtVS

Old Post Apr 28th, 2011 12:03 PM
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

Menelacar is happy to go with Anglomir.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2011 12:12 PM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Bit late for that! Anglomir has actually lost track of you.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 29th, 2011 04:03 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Anglomir is okay with camping alone.

Old Post May 1st, 2011 10:21 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Are you making a fire or shelter or just sleeping in the open?

BtVS

Old Post May 1st, 2011 10:28 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Anglomir doesn't want to draw attention to himself... he'll sleep in the open, bundling up with some blankets and leaning up against his horse.

Old Post May 1st, 2011 04:31 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I think that Elfkitty is trying to tell us that, for whatever reason, nighttime is going to be the best for tracking or finding things out.

Hmm, so my initial plan of going to a high place and looking around isn't working out too well.

So here's what I've understood as going on, Talin and Ellothiel are with the pack animals making camp/playing with the kitty.

Anglomir took off into the wilderness, and Menelacar attempted to go after him, but lost track and now is somewhere?
And I have no idea what I'm doing.

Alright, fun.

I'm wondering if there are any geographical features that a marauding band of Orcs might want to follow, Paths, a river/stream of some sort? Wandering blindly in the wilderness strikes me as unwise, both for orcs and for us.
But if we are reaching nightfall, I think everyone who isn't Anglomir should return to camp and then we can sort of spread out tomorrow.

I think the general plan should be that we keep a stationary camp, and then do sweeps outwards from it, looking for things, Paths or other signs of armies marching through. Then when we've finished one area, we move the camp, and continue. That way we are can all stay in one place in case we get attacked, and can cover the most ground.

Thoughts? I'm just thinking of this off the top of my head, let me know if I'm being an idiot or something.

Old Post May 1st, 2011 05:43 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

I'm assuming Menelacar is at base?

Old Post May 1st, 2011 06:31 PM
Peach
mordrem

Well, if Randis isn't going to cooperate, then Ellothiel is going to head back to the 'base' with her and wait to go animal chitchat again until night.

Old Post May 2nd, 2011 02:51 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Do any of you have any Tracking or knowledge of Orcs that might help answer some of these questions?

Menelacar is with the pack mule, yes.

Tracking roll for you to find the others, Ellothiel.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on May 3rd, 2011 at 06:11 AM

Old Post May 2nd, 2011 10:04 PM
Peach
mordrem

I do not, and I should probably get that.

(maybe use those language skill points I have that I haven't done anything with for that?)

However, kitty has Tracking.

Old Post May 2nd, 2011 10:13 PM