KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Scythe Takes Peekshures, uuhhhn, photography! Yeah, that!

F*ck yeah?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
......f*ck yeah!! 1 11.11%
F*CK YEAH!! 8 88.89%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Scythe Takes Peekshures, uuhhhn, photography! Yeah, that!
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

Gender: Unspecified
Location: In Her Kitty Arms


__________________

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 08:34 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
...

Gender: Male
Location: Ireland.

nice work man.


__________________

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 09:18 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Gender: Female
Location: At home, wishing

These are all great. For what it's worth, I'd pay you!


__________________

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 09:18 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Gender: Unspecified
Location: In Her Kitty Arms

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
nice work man.


Thanks, man.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Super Marie 64
These are all great. For what it's worth, I'd pay you!


Whoo, I love real monies, and because of the sig: "Thanks!"


__________________

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 10:15 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Gender: Female
Location: At home, wishing

All because of the sig? That just ain't right.

On a different matter, I love the photo restore. How is such a thing done?


__________________

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 10:21 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Gender: Unspecified
Location: In Her Kitty Arms

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Super Marie 64
All because of the sig? That just ain't right.


It remindededed me!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Super Marie 64
On a different matter, I love the photo restore. How is such a thing done?


For photo resoration I scan the old photo to my compudaga, then open it up on photoshop so that I can get rid of wrinkles, tears and folds. That usually gets taken care of by grabbin' a chunk of space around it, copying it and placing it over the damage. Now all it needs is blending. Discolorization is easily fixed with a few curves, balancing and levels. Sometimes I've had to fin myself using scenery from other photos to replace heavily damaged photos where top surface has scraped off. I should note, the before piccy of my folks you see there is already mostly restored. It had a few dings and tears, after that, alittle bit of recoloring made it look alot better than the jpeg image you see there. I'm nowhere near as good as others who do this for a living, but I get by, and I haven't had a single unhappy customer.


__________________

Last edited by Scythe on Mar 24th, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 10:43 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
...

Gender: Male
Location: Ireland.

CS5 content aware fill?


__________________

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 01:56 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Gender: Female
Location: verdant brink

Moderator

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Super Marie 64
All because of the sig? That just ain't right.

On a different matter, I love the photo restore. How is such a thing done?


Little bit of Photoshop work, photo restores aren't really that difficult at all.

Nice stuff happy


__________________

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 07:20 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Gender: Unspecified
Location: In Her Kitty Arms

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
CS5 content aware fill?


I use CS5 at work, but I have an older version on my home laptop.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
Little bit of Photoshop work, photo restores aren't really that difficult at all.

Nice stuff happy


Thank ya.


__________________

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 10:08 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Gender: Female
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Nice work happy


__________________

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 11:48 PM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Gender: Unspecified
Location: In Her Kitty Arms

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Coldfire
Nice work happy


D'aw, thanks.


__________________

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 02:10 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Gender: Female
Location: Vancouver, Canada

You're welcome happy

How did you do that bokeh? I've always wanted to try that.


__________________

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 04:38 AM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Gender: Unspecified
Location: In Her Kitty Arms

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Coldfire
You're welcome happy

How did you do that bokeh? I've always wanted to try that.


Bokeh is amazing! That's actually a really shitty pic since I've had more practice with the kit and have a few better ones in my camera taken with my more expensive lenses. When I have a few shots I'm happy with, I'll upload em on here.

My kit is just like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bokeh-Masters-K...=item35afb6502f

Bought it at a local shop nearby. The adapter gets rubber banded around your lens, pick a stencil, get your shot out of focus, or get the background out of focus and the stencil shapes the light into whatever shape is on it.


__________________

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 06:19 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Gender: Female
Location: Vancouver, Canada

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scythe
Bokeh is amazing! That's actually a really shitty pic since I've had more practice with the kit and have a few better ones in my camera taken with my more expensive lenses. When I have a few shots I'm happy with, I'll upload em on here.

My kit is just like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bokeh-Masters-K...=item35afb6502f

Bought it at a local shop nearby. The adapter gets rubber banded around your lens, pick a stencil, get your shot out of focus, or get the background out of focus and the stencil shapes the light into whatever shape is on it.

haha omg that's awesome! I have so many bokeh fav's on deviantart, it's so amazing the stuff they can do.


__________________

Old Post Mar 28th, 2011 07:54 AM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Gender: Unspecified
Location: In Her Kitty Arms

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Coldfire
haha omg that's awesome! I have so many bokeh fav's on deviantart, it's so amazing the stuff they can do.


Yeah, it is. After awhile though, it grows kinda stale the things you can do with it. Been awhile since I've seen something new being done with Bokeh photography.

I've been meaning to utilize sun glare, but haven't found the perfect spot yet to depict what I want.


__________________

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 12:14 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Gender: Female
Location: Vancouver, Canada

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scythe
Yeah, it is. After awhile though, it grows kinda stale the things you can do with it. Been awhile since I've seen something new being done with Bokeh photography.

I've been meaning to utilize sun glare, but haven't found the perfect spot yet to depict what I want.

Hmm I guess I can see that. I just like seeing new ideas (for me anyway), as I haven't done much photography in a while. Seem to have no time anymore.


__________________

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 02:23 AM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Gender: Unspecified
Location: In Her Kitty Arms

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Coldfire
Hmm I guess I can see that. I just like seeing new ideas (for me anyway), as I haven't done much photography in a while. Seem to have no time anymore.


Oh yeah, if you're really into it, you're gonna love it. I'd pick up a Bokeh kit if I were ya, they're not that expensive and you'll have a ton of fun with it. Lately, I've been finding myself using bokeh photos as picture frame borders.


__________________

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 05:38 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Gender: Female
Location: Vancouver, Canada

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scythe
Oh yeah, if you're really into it, you're gonna love it. I'd pick up a Bokeh kit if I were ya, they're not that expensive and you'll have a ton of fun with it. Lately, I've been finding myself using bokeh photos as picture frame borders.

One of these days when I actually have time to take photos smile School takes all of it up lol


__________________

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 05:49 AM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Gender: Unspecified
Location: In Her Kitty Arms

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Coldfire
One of these days when I actually have time to take photos smile School takes all of it up lol


Lemme see your stuff when you get around to it. I've seen people make their own litte Bokeh kits out of cardboard too, been meaning to try it.


__________________

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 06:20 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Gender: Male
Location: Going Turbo!

The Resident Evil nurse pics are excellent.


__________________

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 07:41 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 03:42 AM.
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Scythe Takes Peekshures, uuhhhn, photography! Yeah, that!

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.