KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hogun vs. Colossus

Hogun vs. Colossus
Started by: Norse_Force

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Norse_Force

Hogun vs. Colossus

Hogun the Grim, the fierce, silent, berserker of the Warriors Three or the Full Metal X-Man??? Asgardian versus Mutant, who takes it?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 10:58 AM
Norse_Force is currently offline Click here to Send Norse_Force a Private Message Find more posts by Norse_Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_Dude1210
Doink!

Mutant. Hogun is at most Class 35, isnt he?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 02:20 PM
D_Dude1210 is currently offline Click here to Send D_Dude1210 a Private Message Find more posts by D_Dude1210 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Norse_Force

quote: (post)
Originally posted by D_Dude1210

This is true, Hogun is roughly in the 35 ton range, slightly stronger then your average Asgardian male. Now a days, Colossus is pushing into the 100's now... So, yes, Colossus is considerably stronger then Hogun. However, strength is only one category to examine. Is Colossus faster then an Asgardian, reflexes and all? Hogun also has thousands of years of battlefield combat training under his belt, as well as being armed with Asgardian weaponry. We saw Volstagg cut a diesel truck in half effortlessly with a broadsword... I'm curious to see what Hogun's mace might do to Piotr...

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 06:34 PM
Norse_Force is currently offline Click here to Send Norse_Force a Private Message Find more posts by Norse_Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jemiesranova

hi all

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 06:35 PM
jemiesranova is currently offline Click here to Send jemiesranova a Private Message Find more posts by jemiesranova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_Dude1210
Doink!

Originally posted by Norse_Force
This is true, Hogun is roughly in the 35 ton range, slightly stronger then your average Asgardian male. Now a days, Colossus is pushing into the 100's now... So, yes, Colossus is considerably stronger then Hogun. However, strength is only one category to examine. Is Colossus faster then an Asgardian, reflexes and all? Hogun also has thousands of years of battlefield combat training under his belt, as well as being armed with Asgardian weaponry. We saw Volstagg cut a diesel truck in half effortlessly with a broadsword... I'm curious to see what Hogun's mace might do to Piotr...

Mace is blunt force trauma, tho. Piotr has taken blunt hits like a champ in the past (tanking a few of Gladiator's CL 100 blows come to mind). He's no slouch in combat either.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 06:57 PM
D_Dude1210 is currently offline Click here to Send D_Dude1210 a Private Message Find more posts by D_Dude1210 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Norse_Force

Mace is blunt force trauma, tho. Piotr has taken blunt hits like a champ in the past (tanking a few of Gladiator's CL 100 blows come to mind). He's no slouch in combat either.

This is true also, years of training in the danger room under guys like Wolverine and Cyclops tend to make you more then capable in combat, but how does that stack up to the Milena of training and combat experience Hogun posses? Especially how unique Asgardian combat is... Probably be unlike anything Piotr had ever encountered. I'll give it to Colossus though, he can take a hit... shrugged off Juggernaut's blows before. But, this no ordinary mace! This is Hridgandr! It's blows have slain giants! In the end, I'm sure this fight would be a close call.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 04:30 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Colossus has fought aliens, demons, gamma monsters, magical monsters...there's not much he hasn't seen. And Asgardian combat isn't all that unique...it's like viking combat for the most part.

And Colossus has taken hits from people far outside of Hogun's range and kept going, and won at times.

Colossus takes the majority, at least 7.5/10

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 05:19 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Colossus.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 05:49 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gogogadgetgo

Colossus. there's nothing hogun could do to colossus.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 10:02 AM
gogogadgetgo is currently offline Click here to Send gogogadgetgo a Private Message Find more posts by gogogadgetgo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Colossus is a Class 100 nowadays and he's fought guys like Gladiator, Hulk, Juggernaut and held his own even kayoing a Savage Hulk using his skill combined with his strength. Hell even as a teenager he trashed She-Hulk.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 02:36 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

colossus wins, but hogun makes him work for it.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 03:11 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Colossus is a Class 100 nowadays and he's fought guys like Gladiator, Hulk, Juggernaut and held his own even kayoing a Savage Hulk using his skill combined with his strength. Hell even as a teenager he trashed She-Hulk.

I dont think he KOed the Hulk, I pretty sure all he manage to do was gain an advantage and then hulk got angeryer and smashed him

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 06:55 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
I dont think he KOed the Hulk, I pretty sure all he manage to do was gain an advantage and then hulk got angeryer and smashed him
I'll have to go back and look but Hulk was kayoed even if it wasn't for long. It would have been a TKO under UFC rules.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 06:58 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Yeah, it was a KO, it was a flash ko that lasted probably under a minute, but it was a KO. Then Hulk woke up, got pissed and got stronger.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 11:04 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Colossus... stronger, more durable...

Old Post Mar 27th, 2011 02:14 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Colossus FTW

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post Mar 27th, 2011 02:43 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Colossus.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2011 12:43 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by leonidas
colossus wins, but hogun makes him work for it.

Definitely makes him work for it. Colossus is tough, but I can see Hogun tearing shietz up with Hridgandr...

Busts up an AIM agent infused with the blood of Fenris. The wolf destined to kill Odin when ragnarok comes around again. She even comments that she was out for quite a while.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums...05-11-01-08.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums...05-11-01-09.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums...05-11-01-10.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums...05-11-01-11.jpg

More from Hogun and Hridgandr....
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums...24-11-01-38.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums...11-01-39-40.jpg

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 02:58 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Norse_Force

Agreed and excellent points! Enjoyed the links a lot! Colossus out matches Hogun in terms of sheer strength, but he is still the elite of Asgard. Hridgandr would knock Colossus rather senseless, at least for a while, with a solid strike.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 03:22 AM
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

yep, a guy who lifts 35 tons Vs A guy who can reach the 750 ton range

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/...4/1569900-c.png

colossus is more than 21x stronger than hogun

I have returned

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 02:06 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote