KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Saint Of Killers Vs

Saint Of Killers Vs
Started by: SquallX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread

yeah, anything with more sway than Death can destroy thanos permanently and, of course, he can still be sent packing to uncle oblivion even if death dont want him

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 02:14 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BullwinkleMoose
Thanos isn't really Immune to Death. There are just far fewer beings that could kill him.

Death could kill him if she wanted, LT could kill him if he wanted, Presence could kill him if he wanted, Squirrel Girl could kill him if she wanted.
Thanos is immune to death until proven otherwise. Sure, he can die but that doesn't mean he can't come right back.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 03:59 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos is immune to death until proven otherwise. Sure, he can die but that doesn't mean he can't come right back.

It should be plain obvious... his situation is no different from the elders and its been proven that beings can kill them.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 04:15 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by King Kandy
It should be plain obvious... his situation is no different from the elders and its been proven that beings can kill them.
Thanos is backed by death herself and we saw him reform from death. We've seen rulk kill grandmaster.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 04:18 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Thanos is backed by death herself and we saw him reform from death. We've seen rulk kill grandmaster.

Um, that's exactly my point... the elders dying means that whether or not death accepts you, you can still die under the right circumstances. Well, the Rulk thing is complete PIS but instances like the In Betweener seem perfectly valid to me because there was a good reason for him to be able to do what he did.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 04:19 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Um, that's exactly my point... the elders dying means that whether or not death accepts you, you can still die under the right circumstances. Well, the Rulk thing is complete PIS but instances like the In Betweener seem perfectly valid to me because there was a good reason for him to be able to do what he did.
Until someone can kill Thanos or until he loses his unkillable status I disagree. Indestructible form.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 04:22 AM
King Kandy

Until someone can kill Thanos or until he loses his unkillable status I disagree. Indestructible form.

Didn't you just say he could die but he'll resurrect? That means he isn't indestructable. no one is really indestructible even abstracts, so there's no way a mere avatar of an abstract could be.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 04:32 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Didn't you just say he could die but he'll resurrect? That means he isn't indestructable. no one is really indestructible even abstracts, so there's no way a mere avatar of an abstract could be.
He was described as having an indestructible form in the comics. Sure he can be killed but his form will reform atom by atom.

Just using the terminology from the comic itself not my own words.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 04:33 AM
King Kandy

He was described as having an indestructible form in the comics. Sure he can be killed but his form will reform atom by atom.

Just using the terminology from the comic itself not my own words.

Well he just needs to be killed by someone who can stop him from reforming... or as seen with the elders, who had the life sapped out of them without physical damage at all.

you know the terminology means absolutely nothing. people call adamantium "indestructible" all the time and it still gets broken. or mjolner is called indestructible when its been sliced in half or exploded before. Unless you show that he can resist beings on that level of power it means zip, feats>>>statements, especially something so generic as "indestructible".

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 04:39 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Well he just needs to be killed by someone who can stop him from reforming... or as seen with the elders, who had the life sapped out of them without physical damage at all.

you know the terminology means absolutely nothing. people call adamantium "indestructible" all the time and it still gets broken. or mjolner is called indestructible when its been sliced in half or exploded before. Unless you show that he can resist beings on that level of power it means zip, feats>>>statements, especially something so generic as "indestructible".
Of course you want to ignore the comic's own words and the fact he's backed by an abstract herself. The elders aren't Thanos so quit comparing them. You need to show someone stopping Thanos from reforming don't ask me to prove your negative. It's on you not me.

Thanos had a feat which backed up a statement. It all happened in the comic.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 04:42 AM
King Kandy

Of course you want to ignore the comic's own words and the fact he's backed by an abstract herself. The elders aren't Thanos so quit comparing them. You need to show someone stopping Thanos from reforming don't ask me to prove your negative. It's on you not me.

Thanos had a feat which backed up a statement. It all happened in the comic.

The elder's actually are basically thanos... for all intents and purposes given that their immortality power is the same as his and comes from the same source. wow geeze. its like asking me to prove all kryptonians are vulnerable to kryptonite.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 04:57 AM
quanchi112
Disney

The elder's actually are basically thanos... for all intents and purposes given that their immortality power is the same as his and comes from the same source. wow geeze. its like asking me to prove all kryptonians are vulnerable to kryptonite.
No, because they were vested with indestructible forms or as the avatars of death. Not at all unless you have issue numbers or scans proving otherwise.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 04:58 AM
King Kandy

No, because they were vested with indestructible forms or as the avatars of death. Not at all unless you have issue numbers or scans proving otherwise.

They did have indestructible forms and were backed by death.

or how about deathurge he is indestructible and an avatar of death. but you can beat him if your strong enough.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 05:00 AM
quanchi112
Disney

They did have indestructible forms and were backed by death.

or how about deathurge he is indestructible and an avatar of death. but you can beat him if your strong enough.
Scans or issue numbers ?

Also rulk killed grandmaster. Do you think rulk can kill Thanos ?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 05:01 AM
King Kandy

Scans or issue numbers ?

Also rulk killed grandmaster. Do you think rulk can kill Thanos ?

what do you want me to provide? i'm asking questions about your argument, you answer.

ugh. I don't think rulk could kill grandmaster either... its like squirrel girl beating thanos, just stupid "funny" idea.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 05:05 AM
quanchi112
Disney

what do you want me to provide? i'm asking questions about your argument, you answer.

ugh. I don't think rulk could kill grandmaster either... its like squirrel girl beating thanos, just stupid "funny" idea.
Sg is a joke character rulk isn't though.

If they had indestructible forms gm wouldn't have died so easily to rulk.

I am unfamiliar with deathurge or what you are talking about hence the issue number or scans comment.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 05:07 AM
tsilamini

Man-Thing is also immune to death

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 05:11 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by inimalist
Man-Thing is also immune to death
Thanos also has the power to overide those immune to death.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 05:12 AM
Mindset

Man Thing has the power to overpower that power.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 05:14 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Mindset
Man Thing has the power to overpower that power.
If you look Thanos up in the dictionary you see the words Can't Lose.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 05:15 AM