KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Van Halen vs. AC/DC vs. Metallica vs. Guns n Roses

Van Halen vs. AC/DC vs. Metallica vs. Guns n Roses
Started by: shokosugi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MrMind

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Yeah, but that one song does not mean overall. You guys are just too young to know.

not just one song, there're don't cry, welcome to the jungle, knockin on heaven's door etc. some of the most popular rock songs. and they're all in 3 albums
Appetite for Destruction, Use Your Iluusion 1 and 2.

Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
http://www.diffen.com/difference/Gu...es_vs_Van_Halen

Guns N' Roses is an American rock band, formed in Los Angeles, California in 1985. The band, led by frontman and co-founder Axl Rose, has gone through numerous line-up changes and controversies since their formation. The band has released six studio albums, two EPs and one live album during their career.

Van Halen is a hard rock band formed in Pasadena, California in 1972. They enjoyed success from the release of their self titled debut album in 1978. As of 2007 Van Halen has sold more than 80 million albums worldwide[2] and have had the most number one hits on the Billboard Mainstream Rock chart. During the 1980s they also had more Billboard Hot 100 hits than any other hard rock or heavy metal band. According to the Recording Industry Association of America, Van Halen is the 19th best selling band/artist of all time with sales of over 56 million albums in the USA[3] and is one of five rock bands that have had two albums sell more than 10 million copies in the USA.

Read more: Guns N Roses vs Van Halen - Difference and Comparison | Diffen http://www.diffen.com/difference/Gu...n#ixzz1IUFvw1Hf

why are you giving me wiki. I know van halen too well.
seriously they are not more popular than GnR
GnR only got three albums that are good, Appetite for Destruction, Use Your Iluusion 1 and 2.
yet these three albums make them one of the most popular rock band in the world. kinda like Nirvana. they only release very few albums, yet they are simply two most well known rock bands in early 90s.
van halen came out way before GnR, and been out there way more than GnR, yet GnR is still more well known.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 05:54 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hyperion Prime

Originally posted by MrMind
not just one song, there're don't cry, welcome to the jungle, knockin on heaven's door etc. some of the most popular rock songs. and they're all in 3 albums
Appetite for Destruction, Use Your Iluusion 1 and 2.

why are you giving me wiki. I know van halen too well.
seriously they are not more popular than GnR
GnR only got three albums that are good, Appetite for Destruction, Use Your Iluusion 1 and 2.
yet these three albums make them one of the most popular rock band in the world. kinda like Nirvana. they only release very few albums, yet they are simply two most well known rock bands in early 90s.
van halen came out way before GnR, and been out there way more than GnR, yet GnR is still more well known.

Dude you missed my edit. You were right...gnr has sold more.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 05:57 PM
Hyperion Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Hyperion Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Hyperion Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shokosugi
Restricted

Account Restricted

1) Van Halen = God

2) AC/DC

3) Metallica

4) Guns N Roses

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 03:41 AM
shokosugi is currently offline Click here to Send shokosugi a Private Message Find more posts by shokosugi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shokosugi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Van halen sold over 56 Million albums in the US vs. 43.5 million by GNR

I dont care if GNR was big in the Congo The US is the only market that matters.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 03:48 AM
shokosugi is currently offline Click here to Send shokosugi a Private Message Find more posts by shokosugi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
colossulrage

metallica!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2011 06:20 AM
colossulrage is currently offline Click here to Send colossulrage a Private Message Find more posts by colossulrage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperEvil

1 Metallica/DLR Van Halen
2 AC/DC
3Sammy Hagar Van Halen
4 GNR

Old Post Nov 1st, 2011 08:46 PM
SuperEvil is currently offline Click here to Send SuperEvil a Private Message Find more posts by SuperEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flameback
Pathology

Originally posted by colossulrage
metallica!

In what order would you rank the other bands?

"I ain't no fraggin' hero. I'm th' main man. I booze.
I womanize. I swear. An' I beat th' living crap outta
anybody I fraggin' feel like."
- Lobo

Old Post Dec 9th, 2011 03:51 PM
Flameback is currently offline Click here to Send Flameback a Private Message Find more posts by Flameback Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Re: Van Halen vs. AC/DC vs. Metallica vs. Guns n Roses

Originally posted by shokosugi
Who wins??
all of them have THAT SONG, but AC/DC has longevity

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 04:20 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Re: Van Halen vs. AC/DC vs. Metallica vs. Guns n Roses

Originally posted by shokosugi
Van Halen vs. AC/DC vs. Metallica vs. Guns n Roses

Don't Care vs. Suck vs. AWESOME vs. Suck

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 05:26 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Metallica > GNR > ACDC > Van Halen

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 02:54 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bullmonkéy

Cool

VAN HALEN!

Old Post May 10th, 2012 02:53 PM
Bullmonkéy is currently offline Click here to Send Bullmonkéy a Private Message Find more posts by Bullmonkéy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote