KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » X-Man vs The Flash

X-Man vs The Flash
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tsilamini

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deadline
Well I know psionic energy has been described as electromagnetic....

so you would argue magneto could manipulate tk?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 05:42 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by inimalist
so you would argue magneto could manipulate tk?

TK is psionic energy. Not saying that Flash could affect it for sure.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 05:48 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

same. I suppose simply showing a scan that says "tk energy has mass" would still be inconclusive, the "radiation doesn't cause spider powers" fallacy, if you will

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 05:52 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

same. I suppose simply showing a scan that says "tk energy has mass" would still be inconclusive, the "radiation doesn't cause spider powers" fallacy, if you will

At FTL speeds I suspect he could. There is a feat of Jay Garrick taken out The King Of Tears that was some abstract lvl beast. Jay Garrick was going hella fast though.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 06:04 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

the thing is, even beyond him being able to affect Nate, I'd be suspicious of flash using any of these rarer or more exotic moves off the bat. I mean, general knowledge of x man isn't going to be a whole lot of details, and IMHO, Nate will totally **** up flash before he realized that normal blitz punches are ineffective.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 06:14 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Exodus got crushed by Quicksilver. Nate has no way of reacting to Wally. He's dead.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 07:01 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Exodus got crushed by Quicksilver. Nate has no way of reacting to Wally. He's dead.

not really. in the QS mini he gets a major amp that he describes as making him as strong as magneto. in bloodties Exodus takes him out at least twice, once while he is running.

if current QS is FTL, he would take exodus, but standard exodus vs classic QS goes to exodus in a major stomp

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 07:08 PM
Konton
Homo Magi

Originally posted by Deadline
Well I know psionic energy has been described as electromagnetic....

I think it's stupid, but it would help explain why technology can be used to amplify psionic powers and why Storm was able to disperse Psylocke's telekinesis with lightning.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 08:11 PM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Flash does have the ability to shape Speed Force energy (ala Green Lantern). Its a bit more limited and I honestly don't know the scope of it, but would that give him the ability to control energy - using comic science logic - that has vibrations/speed/movement to it?

I'm asking in hopes that a Flash fan knows. Mungi?

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 09:15 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinnie Jonez
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Flash does have the ability to shape Speed Force energy (ala Green Lantern). Its a bit more limited and I honestly don't know the scope of it, but would that give him the ability to control energy - using comic science logic - that has vibrations/speed/movement to it?

I'm asking in hopes that a Flash fan knows. Mungi?

SF Constructs, he can also accelerate/decelerate subatomic particles, so 'psions' shouldn't be an issue.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 09:22 PM
Vinnie Jonez is currently offline Click here to Send Vinnie Jonez a Private Message Find more posts by Vinnie Jonez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

energy manipulation almost never includes tk though. I suppose Grail might be an exception, but most energy manipulators don't seem to be able to control psionics

Originally posted by Vinnie Jonez
SF Constructs, he can also accelerate/decelerate subatomic particles, so 'psions' shouldn't be an issue.

which sub atomic particles compose psionic energy?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 09:24 PM
Vinnie Jonez
Restricted

Account Restricted

which sub atomic particles compose psionic energy?

Psions.. The theoretical sub atomic particle which gives psionic energy it's name. You've heard of the wave/particle duality?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 09:27 PM
Vinnie Jonez is currently offline Click here to Send Vinnie Jonez a Private Message Find more posts by Vinnie Jonez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Vinnie Jonez
Psions.. The theoretical sub atomic particle which gives psionic energy it's name. You've heard of the wave/particle duality?

[citation needed]

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 09:28 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

energy manipulation almost never includes tk though. I suppose Grail might be an exception, but most energy manipulators don't seem to be able to control psionics

Magneto, Storm, and Vulcan come to mind. Not that I'm suggesting that the Flash is that powerful, just that it does happen.

I see Nate winning this battle more often than not. As powerful as Wally can be his characteristics and overall intelligence downplay that potential by a lot.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 09:29 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Xman

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 09:30 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Magneto, Storm, and Vulcan come to mind. Not that I'm suggesting that the Flash is that powerful, just that it does happen.

I see Nate winning this battle more often than not. As powerful as Wally can be his characteristics and overall intelligence downplay that potential by a lot.

fair enough, I suppose I'm just not aware of any times they have done such

for magneto, you mean outside of his psi resistance?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 09:31 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

fair enough, I suppose I'm just not aware of any times they have done such

for magneto, you mean outside of his psi resistance?

IIRC, Magneto made all the earth psionics less powerful by permanately manipulating the earth's magnetic field - as in Marvel psionic energy is nothing more than part of the electromagnetic spectrum and runs via earth's field apparently.

This and Ironman being able to distort Moondragon's TP so all she heard was static are just some examples of how Psionic energy operates in Marvel.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 09:37 PM
tsilamini

IIRC, Magneto made all the earth psionics less powerful by permanately manipulating the earth's magnetic field - as in Marvel psionic energy is nothing more than part of the electromagnetic spectrum and runs via earth's field apparently.

This and Ironman being able to distort Moondragon's TP so all she heard was static are just some examples of how Psionic energy operates in Marvel.

weird...

I'm not arguing it, just that it seems like something a lot of high end energy manipulators are... inconsistant(?)... in their application of?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 09:40 PM
Mindset

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
TP, wtf...that has nothing to do with anything other than them having somewhat related powers to the people being discussed.

You're not even trying anymore.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 11:09 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Mindset
TP, wtf...that has nothing to do with anything other than them having somewhat related powers to the people being discussed.

You're not even trying anymore.

its also totally out of context

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 11:51 PM