KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who can kill the Phantom Stranger?

Who can kill the Phantom Stranger?
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deadline

quote: (post)
Originally posted by batdude123
(please log in to view the image)

shit that was funy batdude. Thats exactly what I was thinking.

This one was better though.

Originally posted by batdude123
(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Deadline on Apr 7th, 2011 at 05:32 PM

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 05:22 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by quanchi112
Then you'll be held liable for the murders I commit. Refresh my memory when couldn't he do it ?

not in a court of law.

infinite crisis.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 09:06 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by -Pr-
not in a court of law.

infinite crisis.
Nekron was in infinite crisis ?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 10:26 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Nekron was in infinite crisis ?

was talking about spectre.

the BN PS one-shot was i think where nekron was mentioned.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 10:26 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

was talking about spectre.

the BN PS one-shot was i think where nekron was mentioned.
I did have it a while back and I don't ever recall Nekron trying and failing to kill Ps. I also think it's a pain in the ass for the Spectre but feel he has the power to do so. Nabu had to goad him into accessing the proper power to kill him and I think it's more or less the same thing imo.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 10:29 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I did have it a while back and I don't ever recall Nekron trying and failing to kill Ps. I also think it's a pain in the ass for the Spectre but feel he has the power to do so. Nabu had to goad him into accessing the proper power to kill him and I think it's more or less the same thing imo.

That's a bit of a reach, tbh.

Plus, Spectre and Nabu are completely different kinds of entities.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 10:30 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

The Black Lanterns looked at Phantom Stranger and deduced he's something not alive or dead but something altogether "stranger" than that. He was also unable to be turned by the Black Lanterns in general. Kicking Stranger's ass or even depowering him isn't nearly as difficult - and nigh impossible - as outright killing him, imo.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 10:34 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Nabu made killing him hard by being really, really powerful.

Phantom Stranger couldn't be killed because of his role in Creation.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 10:34 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

That's a bit of a reach, tbh.

Plus, Spectre and Nabu are completely different kinds of entities.
They are but I don't see the Spectre as not being powerful enough to do so. I do see Ps being harder to take over than say the Spectre in terms of bn but that's another matter altogether.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 10:36 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Spectre could kill Stranger if Presence explicitly wanted him dead, but that goes for anybody, really.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 10:36 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Spectre could kill Stranger if Presence explicitly wanted him dead, but that goes for anybody, really.

The only way I see PS actually dying is if the Presence changes His mind and allows it to happen.

It is very hypocritical that Quan shills Thanos's unkillability thanks to being kicked out of Death's Realm but ignores Phantom Stranger's own condition bestowed on him by a much higher power than Mistress Death.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 10:39 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

They are but I don't see the Spectre as not being powerful enough to do so. I do see Ps being harder to take over than say the Spectre in terms of bn but that's another matter altogether.

under his own power, spectre couldn't. that was stated on panel.

with presence's backing, that's different.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 10:41 PM
quanchi112
Disney

under his own power, spectre couldn't. that was stated on panel.

with presence's backing, that's different.
Ok what page of which comic ?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 10:42 PM
kgkg
Vigilante

Loeb force Rulk. whistle

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 10:42 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Agreeing with OV here. The presence itself must be persuaded to let him die or be overpowered (at least regarding his death) for it to happen. this raises an interestign question: can TOAA do it? since the TOAA and the presence should stalemate, in a neutral unvierse would either be able to alter anything the other willed?

lucifer/michael/LT are bugs to them, sot they're out

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 10:58 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by 753
Agreeing with OV here. The presence itself must be persuaded to let him die or be overpowered (at least regarding his death) for it to happen. this raises an interestign question: can TOAA do it? since the TOAA and the presence should stalemate, in a neutral unvierse would either be able to alter anything the other willed?

lucifer/michael/LT are bugs to them, sot they're out

I see it going like this: while TOAA and Presence stalemate PS sneaks into TOAA's house and runs a magnet over all his DVDs stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 10:59 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Ok what page of which comic ?

during Day Of Vengeance mini. I can't recall the issue #. When I get a chance, I'll have a look.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 11:04 PM
quanchi112
Disney

during Day Of Vengeance mini. I can't recall the issue #. When I get a chance, I'll have a look.
Oh ok. I remember the comment but thought it was different I will look for it myself to check.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 11:13 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Found it. The dialogue goes like so.

Ps--I don't think even you could kill me Spectre. I doubt the universe would allow it.

Spectre's response--Perhaps, that's true now, while magic is still strong in the world.
I'll return to finish the job once I've more fully drained away the filth that powers you and your kind.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 11:32 PM

Originally posted by Omega Vision
I see it going like this: while TOAA and Presence stalemate PS sneaks into TOAA's house and runs a magnet over all his DVDs stick out tongue
but magnets cant damage DVDs ergo TOAA wins

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 12:40 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote