KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Vishanti and Council of Godheads vs. Eternity

Vishanti and Council of Godheads vs. Eternity
Started by: Falamu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheLordofMurder

Man, they just need to blow EVERYTHING in Marvel up and start over...

The inconsistencies and illogic is so bad sometimes that it can make you ill...

Logically Eternity should spite them, but since logic and consistency have no place in the Marvel Universe, Eternity will lose this fight hands down...

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 03:36 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Falamu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Man, they just need to blow EVERYTHING in Marvel up and start over...

The inconsistencies and illogic is so bad sometimes that it can make you ill...

Logically Eternity should spite them, but since logic and consistency have no place in the Marvel Universe, Eternity will lose this fight hands down...

I remember in Fantastic Four Annual #23, when Kubik and Kosmos were exploring the cosmic hierarchy of Marvel, they claimed Vishanti was on level beyond Mangog, Overmind, and the Uni-Mind, as well as High Evolutionary, Stranger and Watchers, and on a scale of power to rival Eon and the Celestials, as well as being ranked among "the forces of evolutionary change", enemies of entropy and Death.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 06:47 PM
Falamu is currently offline Click here to Send Falamu a Private Message Find more posts by Falamu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I think the whole "Eternity = Jobber" thing is overrated.

He is a jobber in the most literal sense, because the writers usually only include him in a story so that he can be defeated to show off the new villain. No simpler way to show that a character is above the universe than to have him beat the embodiment of it.

However, I don't think his feats are all that bad. When he loses, its usually to extremely powerful characters who obviously should be the winners. There are only a couple cases where he lost against people who he should have won.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 06:53 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by King Kandy
I think the whole "Eternity = Jobber" thing is overrated.

He is a jobber in the most literal sense, because the writers usually only include him in a story so that he can be defeated to show off the new villain. No simpler way to show that a character is above the universe than to have him beat the embodiment of it.

However, I don't think his feats are all that bad. When he loses, its usually to extremely powerful characters who obviously should be the winners. There are only a couple cases where he lost against people who he should have won.

KK what's his highest on panel showing of power? I only remember him going all out (according to Thanos) and merely blowing up a planet.

Death has WAY WAY WAY better on panel feats both from waaaay back and currently (Thanos Imperative). I think I can dig up some nice Infinity and Oblivion feats too.

Eternity sees to be the odd man out.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 07:03 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Originally posted by zopzop
KK what's his highest on panel showing of power? I only remember him going all out (according to Thanos) and merely blowing up a planet.

Death has WAY WAY WAY better on panel feats both from waaaay back and currently (Thanos Imperative). I think I can dig up some nice Infinity and Oblivion feats too.

I Eternity is the ultimate apathetic creation in Marvel. He just don't give a shit.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 07:20 PM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Falamu
I remember in Fantastic Four Annual #23, when Kubik and Kosmos were exploring the cosmic hierarchy of Marvel, they claimed Vishanti was on level beyond Mangog, Overmind, and the Uni-Mind, as well as High Evolutionary, Stranger and Watchers, and on a scale of power to rival Eon and the Celestials, as well as being ranked among "the forces of evolutionary change", enemies of entropy and Death.

(please log in to view the image)
thumb up

do you have the rest of this where cubic explores the hierarchy of the elder gods beings like chthon?

I have returned

Last edited by Colossus-Big C on Apr 10th, 2011 at 07:29 PM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 07:26 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

He "merely" blew up a planet? What do you expect to happen? He was attacking Thanos not "the galaxy Thanos is in".

Eternity is stronger, as we see in IG he far surpasses most abstracts... and it should be obvious he is equal to Infinity since they were designed explicitly with that concept in mind.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 09:51 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SasuOna

Eternity spawning the Celestials is his best feat. His dreams becoming reality is his most useful ability especially considering the beings he created have better feats then him.
Other then that hes pretty open to manipulation of any kind.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 10:03 PM
SasuOna is currently offline Click here to Send SasuOna a Private Message Find more posts by SasuOna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

The real problem with his character is that he's got no will... he falls for entrancement easily and acts like a petulant baby in most of his appearances. I really blame Starlin for this portrayal becoming the default.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 10:13 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by King Kandy
He "merely" blew up a planet? What do you expect to happen? He was attacking Thanos not "the galaxy Thanos is in".

Eternity is stronger, as we see in IG he far surpasses most abstracts... and it should be obvious he is equal to Infinity since they were designed explicitly with that concept in mind.

If this was true then why'd the entire planet blow up, if he was "only" attacking Thanos? Thanos himself said, Eternity even threatened Thanos with total annihilation. Yet for all that, one measly planet was destroyed.

Death has better on panel feats. In Thanos Imperative she literally wiped out a universe, destroyed the Galactus Engine that was giving fits to Galactus/the Celestials/Aegis/Teneberous, the Old Ones, and the blast was so powerful it was felt in 616 reality.

Previously, Grandmaster was using Death's powers to create 5 "Null Bombs" each capable of destroying 1/5 of the universe.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 10:29 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

If this was true then why'd the entire planet blow up, if he was "only" attacking Thanos? Thanos himself said, Eternity even threatened Thanos with total annihilation. Yet for all that, one measly planet was destroyed.

Death has better on panel feats. In Thanos Imperative she literally wiped out a universe, destroyed the Galactus Engine that was giving fits to Galactus/the Celestials/Aegis/Teneberous, the Old Ones, and the blast was so powerful it was felt in 616 reality.

Previously, Grandmaster was using Death's powers to create 5 "Null Bombs" each capable of destroying 1/5 of the universe.

I can't recall any collateral damage of note in the fight between SF Darkseid and the Source Entity. The fact that planets and galaxies weren't destroyed doesn't mean they were less than Skyfather or Herald. Just that collateral damage wasn't on the writer's mind.

Eternity is trying to save the Universe by stopping Thanos, what could he possibly gain from wiping out a Galaxy or more?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 11:04 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Omega Vision
I can't recall any collateral damage of note in the fight between SF Darkseid and the Source Entity. The fact that planets and galaxies weren't destroyed doesn't mean they were less than Skyfather or Herald. Just that collateral damage wasn't on the writer's mind.

Eternity is trying to save the Universe by stopping Thanos, what could he possibly gain from wiping out a Galaxy or more?

There are tens of thousands (if not millions) of galaxies in the universe. That's no excuse. If Thanos was as big a threat as Eternity believed him to be wiping out a solar system or galaxy to make sure he's dead isn't too big a sacrifice.

During the IG Saga the Cosmic Pantheon wiped out entire solar systems in their war with Thanos.

There is no saving Eternity from humiliation.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 11:15 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

There are tens of thousands (if not millions) of galaxies in the universe. That's no excuse. If Thanos was as big a threat as Eternity believed him to be wiping out a solar system or galaxy to make sure he's dead isn't too big a sacrifice.

During the IG Saga the Cosmic Pantheon wiped out entire solar systems in their war with Thanos.

There is no saving Eternity from humiliation.

You seem to be under the impression that AOE=power every time.

For an example of why that isn't always true for Abstracts or others just look at Superman's HV. In terms of AOE its generally=to Cyclops Optic Blast more or less. But any sane person can tell that it's much, much, much more powerful.

You really need to get out of this asinine habit of only paying attention to showings of raw destructive power to determine how powerful someone is.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 11:20 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SasuOna

I mean you can't go by AOE all the time thats just stupid.

No one doubts that Molecule Man's blast against the Beyonder couldn't have destroyed a million universes even though the room they remained in was largely intact. Sometimes people concentrate their power in ways that make the brunt of their power focus solely on their target and in that case AOE would be a nonfactor.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 11:26 PM
SasuOna is currently offline Click here to Send SasuOna a Private Message Find more posts by SasuOna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Omega Vision
You seem to be under the impression that AOE=power every time.

For an example of why that isn't always true for Abstracts or others just look at Superman's HV. In terms of AOE its generally=to Cyclops Optic Blast more or less. But any sane person can tell that it's much, much, much more powerful.

You really need to get out of this asinine habit of only paying attention to showings of raw destructive power to determine how powerful someone is.

Wrong. Your analogy fails because we've seen Superman's heat vision do things Cyclops' optic blast isn't capable of : sealing holes in reality, reigniting suns, etc... Those and other examples of ON PANEL displays of power tell us heat vision > optic blast by many orders of magnitude.

Aside from on panel displays of power (direct attacks, collateral damage, etc..) there's fights, Eternity has trash showings in both those categories.

Death on the other hand has stupendous on panel displays of power and she's never been beaten by the likes of Nightmare. The Inbetweener who humiliated her is another story, he seems to exist outside all norms. And Nightmare is NO Inbetweener.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 11:28 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by SasuOna
I mean you can't go by AOE all the time thats just stupid.

No one doubts that Molecule Man's blast against the Beyonder couldn't have destroyed a million universes even though the room they remained in was largely intact. Sometimes people concentrate their power in ways that make the brunt of their power focus solely on their target and in that case AOE would be a nonfactor.

IF that scene wasn't backed up by anything else you'd have a point. But Beyonder and MM were so far beyond the other beings in the multiverse that you had abstracts begging them to either help (MM) or stop doing what he was doing (Beyonder).

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 11:29 PM
King Kandy

And BTW, when Eternity fought Thanos w/ IG it was destroying way more than a mere planet.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 12:27 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Vishanti Solo
the vishanti are a group of three beings

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 12:39 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Eternity for the win.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 12:45 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Falamu

Well, didn't Eternity's power rival Mikaboshi's?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 01:37 AM
Falamu is currently offline Click here to Send Falamu a Private Message Find more posts by Falamu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote