KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Good, then I know it's just me.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2012 09:16 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
Good, then I know it's just me.

It's not just you.

I ran into the same audio and convo glitch you did. It lasted until I restarted the demo. Odds of it happening in the the final release should be slim though.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2012 03:11 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

So I played the demo. It reminds me a lot of Fable... I don't like Fable...

Out of curiosity, what's the primary appeals of this game, to you guys? I suppose if you like Fable, that's the short and self-explanatory answer, but, specifically?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2012 08:38 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

To me this looks like the perfect rpg because you feel uber powerful after awhile and you can mix classes and I like the hack n slash style.

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2012 08:59 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Played for about 5 1/2 hours today, and I gotta say. This game is great.

Nice Controls.

Good graphics.

Smooth gameplay.

Good voice acting.

It's just a fun action rpg, and Fateshifting always makes me feel like a total badass.

I drop kicked the Grave Thresh(boss you fight when getting Sir Sagrell's ring in the demo), then shot it in the chest with 6-10 fate energy arrows and I was giddy like a schoolgirl when I did it, lol.

On a scale of 1-10, it gets a 9, and that's because the glitches that are probably still there. I haven't found any yet, but yeah. Great game and lots of fun.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 05:39 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

What type of class are you creating? I'm thinking about a might/finesse character but finesse/sorcery looks tempting as well.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 02:45 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I'm one to go quick for the straight-up melee builds myself with a balanced array of defense in all categories, usually with a weapon like a hammer if given the choice, which this game has. Pseudo-Tank, if you will. But I figure I may as well try my hand with at least one or two of the speedier weapons; I particularly like the look of the Faeblades.

On another note, does anyone else think that the majority of the dagger weapons in this game look remarkably similar to Kratos' chain blades as far as shape goes?

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 03:56 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I'm doing Finesse/Sorcery. I've made it to Arcanist so far.

You definitely have to play keep away when you're running it, but it's so much fun.

And as for the dagger design, alot of them do. One pair called Shine & Shadow look damn near identical.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 05:36 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Got this just a couple hours ago. Plan on giving my thoughts later tonight when I can actually play it. Hopefully, nothing like that glitch I ran into in the demo happens. Didn't keep me from enjoying the demo though.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 07:03 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Angry Joe Review.

Damn, this looks like a fantastic game. From what I heard I'm amazed at his score.

Last edited by Nephthys on Feb 13th, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 10:15 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'll probably check out the game

i did'nt even know a thing about it while back just came out of nowhere.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 01:39 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

**** online passes.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 12:02 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I also hear the combat is better then Fable, but Fable's story is better.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 07:10 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

So I was fighting mountain trolls, and this happened when it died.

(please log in to view the image)

Game of the year.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2012 01:04 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Game is pretty addictive bought it yesterday played 19 hours since Im playing as a mage just got the meteor summoning power its awesome!!

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2012 08:05 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Looks like a great game, but it may be very difficult to resell as Gamestop may decide not to buy a product that is illegal to replay by anyone other than the original owner. Unless I misunderstood Angry Joe's review of the title. I want it.

Last edited by Stoic on Feb 28th, 2012 at 06:18 PM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 06:14 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Played the game for a week or 2. The awesome combat system couldn't make up for the bland questing. I guess I'm a bit spoiled as I played a lot of WoW and this game just seemed like WoW with a bit arcade combat and old-school diablo loot system mixed in.

And yes, I DO know that what I wrote above sounds like a REALLY good formula for a great game. Amalur woulda been great if they tweaked the quests a bit more. Some parts of Amalur is REALLY fun, but doing the same thing over and over again just so you can get more xp to get the next upgrade/ability woulda been fun if they allowed coop play and made the game a bit more challenging.

I'd give the game mayybbee an 8/10 (and that's being generous). Close to great but was a few steps short.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 07:12 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Played the game for a week or 2. The awesome combat system couldn't make up for the bland questing. I guess I'm a bit spoiled as I played a lot of WoW and this game just seemed like WoW with a bit arcade combat and old-school diablo loot system mixed in.

And yes, I DO know that what I wrote above sounds like a REALLY good formula for a great game. Amalur woulda been great if they tweaked the quests a bit more. Some parts of Amalur is REALLY fun, but doing the same thing over and over again just so you can get more xp to get the next upgrade/ability woulda been fun if they allowed coop play and made the game a bit more challenging.

I'd give the game mayybbee an 8/10 (and that's being generous). Close to great but was a few steps short.

Are you saying that you've already beaten the game?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 01:58 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Stoic
Are you saying that you've already beaten the game?

Nah. Got bored and stopped playing it halfway. sad Currently playing Syndicate coop (w/c is actually kinda fun) and about to install Mass Effect 3 on my PC. :P

Though, I understand that my rating might be a bit premature. The game just had too many bugs along with its lack of polish (especially the lackluster level design/quests) that made me stop enjoying it.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2012 12:31 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

That depends on what you call halfway through. As for bugs and ;acl of polish, that's just false. The demo, sure, but I ain't run into anything indicating lack of polish or design in the retail version.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2012 01:13 PM