KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Crow (2024)

The Crow (2024)
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Crow remake

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/the-c...-later-director

The Crow remake has finally landed itself a director in the shape of 28 Weeks Later filmmaker Juan Carlos Fresnadillo.

Originally being set up as a directing vehicle for Blade’s Stephen Norrington, The Crow reboot was left floundering last October when Norrington unexpectedly departed the production.

Executive producer Tucker Tooley is sure that Fresnadillo is the right guy for the job, though.

“Juan Carlos Fresnadillo is an incredibly talented and imaginative filmmaker,” he says, “We are thrilled to have him at the helm and are excited to work with both Pressman and Apaches on what we all believe will be a compelling and innovative reimagining of The Crow.”

Adds producer Edward R. Pressman: “The original Crow was groundbreaking cinema. Its gothic visual and musical ideas influenced a generation and cinema itself.

"With Juan Carlos, we have every confidence that his new Crow will have a similar impact on the contemporary audience.”

Based on the 1989 comic book miniseries by James O’Barr, The Crow was originally turned into a 1994 film starring Brandon Lee, who tragically died on set after a mix-up with firearms.

This reboot will apparently keep the focus on the character of Eric Draven, who comes back to life (with the help of a crow) after he and his fiancée are murdered.

The Crow reboot will head into production this autumn.

Wuuuuuuuuuuuut
confused

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2011 03:17 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good director(it was a few weeks ago though that we knew he was directing). Pointless and not needed but since it's getting made, I'll check it out. At least, I hope, it can't be as bad as all the other terrible sequels.

You know who might be up for the lead role: Bradley Cooper.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2011 03:42 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

He might fit. I can see that.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2011 05:05 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've read a lot of people want Cillian Murphy for the role.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2011 06:40 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's nothing now, how long a film has been out. You can get remakes now just a year after the original has come out.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2011 10:59 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They should've based it another story instead of Eric Draven's one.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 06:44 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Mystery
Supervillain Sensation

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
They should've based it another story instead of Eric Draven's one.

A Crow remake has more appeal I would think, as a another story and character would really be a sequel and probably would not get a cinema release. Again, it boils down to money. There should be a rule about waiting X amount of years or something to do a remake. I mean The Crow is only 17 years old or something!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2011 11:35 PM
Dr Mystery is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Mystery a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Mystery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oh lord, is this for real?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 04:25 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

The real question that begs to be asked, "Do you really want to trust an Executive Producer with the name of Tucker Tooley?"

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 06:04 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well if people have been keeping up with the news Stephen Norrington is out and then Juan Carlos Fresnadillo (28 Weeks later) hopped on board and then he left.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 12:29 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RyanEstabrooks

I seriously hope they just abandon this thing. Nobody wants it and to be honest, I doubt much of an audience would pay for it. I'm surprised that after the failure of Conan and Fright Night they haven't just given up. Oh well!

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 09:01 PM
RyanEstabrooks is currently offline Click here to Send RyanEstabrooks a Private Message Find more posts by RyanEstabrooks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Luke Evans (Immortals, Fast & Furious 6, The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug) confirmed as the Crow:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...k/news/?a=78888

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 5th, 2013 01:34 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I seen a while back something about Tom Hiddleston might be playing him

so its this Luke Evans guy from Immortals.

Old Post May 5th, 2013 02:23 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Bad idea. Loved the original but this won't work IMO.

Old Post May 5th, 2013 04:15 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this will be shit.. pure and simple... no hope for this.... no hope at all

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 5th, 2013 04:27 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Why? Whats wrong with the original? seriously, can anyone point out a movie breaking flaw for me? i can't. i hope everyone involved in this movie dies a horrible death.

Old Post May 5th, 2013 04:48 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Why? Whats wrong with the original? seriously, can anyone point out a movie breaking flaw for me? i can't. i hope everyone involved in this movie dies a horrible death.
They just want to make more money on this so they want a reboot which will most likely fail.

Old Post May 5th, 2013 05:00 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

More to the point why does it have to be Eric Draven again?

there's various novels which don't even feature Eric.

Old Post May 7th, 2013 06:21 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Kazenji
More to the point why does it have to be Eric Draven again?

there's various novels which don't even feature Eric.

prolly just to start with him and see where it goes

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 7th, 2013 05:26 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Enjoyed the first back in the day. Will wait until I seen some footage and story. Luke Evans isn't any worst an actor than Brandon Lee, so that's a positive start.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 7th, 2013 05:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote