KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: Retrospection- Like Father Like Son

STAR WARS: Retrospection- Like Father Like Son
Started by: Bespin Bart

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Swap SF for BGu, tap PA.

Galder stabs the wampa somewhere vital, hoping to stun it temporarily so that he can switch to his lightsaber.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2011 06:55 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

1-6, the Wampa takes a swat at you before you can stab it! You get clawed across the front for 5 damage. You stab it deeply in the side, leaving it staggering back for a turn.

And it's a Refresh.

----

WAMPA ATTACK, Start of Turn 17

Galder (C9): 3/69 [PA DU BGu]] [SF DW IM FB] (5F)

Wampa: 23

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2011 12:48 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Since the Wampa is knocked back, Galder will RUN AWAY. He is going to bolt from the cave, drawing his pistol in one fluid motion and blasting at the beast from a distance.

Swap PA for GS.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2011 12:57 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

You fire a volley at the Wampa as you retreat! It doesn't follow, and you break out of the cave into the cold winds of Hoth's surface once more.

You no longer sense danger, but you are in pain and tired.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2011 01:39 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Galder decides that he would rather trudge back to the homestead than continue to explore the snowy mountain ranges of Hoth in his current state. He is annoyed that the wampa tore his semi-warm outfit, and wipes idly at the blood that has already congealed and frozen around the scratches.

"Mrrr," Galder mumbles, as he starts his long walk back.

He keeps his pistol in hand, just in case.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2011 04:38 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

You don't encounter any issues on your way back to the shelter that you call home, though the cold leaves you almost totally numb by the time you get back. Thankfully the outfits your father secured, even torn, manage to keep you from getting dangerously cold.

Your home is a small hovel sunk into the ice, barely visible above the ice and snow. Your father has sensed you coming and is standing at the top of the stairs that lead down into the home.

"Hello, son," Gathol Starkiller greets you. His voice is gruff and low.

Gathol looks much as Galder will one day- dark tousled hair, with chiseled features and a strong jaw. He maintains a neat beard and his skin is taught over his muscular build... but he has too many scars to count, and he never likes to talk about them. Most of it is currently hidden by the snow gear that you yourself wear.

"How did it go?" he asks.

Last edited by Bespin Bart on Dec 16th, 2011 at 05:09 AM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2011 05:03 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Hello, father," Galder says, quietly. "It went okay."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2011 05:23 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

"You're injured," Gathol observes. "That's no blaster burn. What happened?"

Old Post Dec 25th, 2011 03:47 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"I drew the probe droid into a cavern to keep it from flying away from me," Galder says. "The cave was home to a wampa and it attacked me. I fought it off but it scratched me."

Galder presses a hand over his slashed chest, hiding it from his father.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2011 03:56 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

"I will need to treat your wounds," Gathol says. "Your tactic was good but you should have used your senses to avoid further danger."

Old Post Dec 25th, 2011 04:47 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"I know, father," Galder says. "I was a little busy with the droid to think clearly, you know..."

Old Post Dec 25th, 2011 04:53 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

"If you enter a fight against more than one opponent, that excuse will not suffice as a defense," Gathol says. "Be mindful of all surroundings at all times or it will be your demise."

Old Post Dec 26th, 2011 12:07 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Yes, father," Galder says. "I will work on it."

Galder offers a curt bow.

"Am I able to rest?"

Old Post Dec 26th, 2011 12:18 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

"Yes," Gathol says. "I am stabilizing the heaters. I will be in to tend to your wounds in a short while. Prepare them for me, please, so I can patch them quickly."

Gathol goes around to the embankment running down the back side of the sunken home, where the maintenance hatch is.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2011 12:41 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Galder will just go inside, then.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2011 12:42 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

The Starkiller hovel is not really much of a home. It is constructed from the wreckage of the Comet's Flame, a small freighter that crashed on Hoth long ago. Your father has told you that it is the ship he and your mother had crash-landed onto the surface, before you were born. The three of you were the only survivors after local pirates forced them down.

The ship is on its side, so everything is slanted. Gathol has neglected to correct this, all these years. He feels it helps exercise your agility.

It has a few rooms-

Gathol and Galder sleep in separate bedrooms, next to one another.

The cockpit, which your father has sealed off.

The main living area, which used to be a simple mess hall. Gathol mended the round table that sits in the center of the room.

The engine room, where your father's shop is. It is also where the heaters are, and he can access it from the outside with a hatch. He has gone in there now.

The heathers are off so it is freezing in here. Hardly any better than the outside.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2011 01:10 AM
REXXXX
Networking

It sounds pretty sparse and uninteresting. Galder will go to his room. If he has any medical equipment, he will start cleaning his wounds then get under the covers of his bed and rest and wait for his father.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2011 01:23 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Dressing your wounds and resting up will get you fully healed, especially once your father comes in and patches them up with a limited amount of bacta.

"How are you feeling?" Gathol asks.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2011 01:37 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Much better," Galder says. "The rest has done me good, and my wounds are only superficial. I'll be just fine."

Galder studies his father's face for a moment before asking why his father sent the probe after him.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2011 01:43 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

"To test you, my son," Gathol says. "Putting you into a violent situation where your survival is the only gain is one of the few ways I can truly test your abilities. You did well."

He pauses.

"Well enough, for now."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 10:58 PM