KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » inimalist's Tournament

inimalist's Tournament
Started by: inimalist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tsilamini

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Perhaps I was not clear on the Spot issue. He moves through a different dimension to teleport. It's not like Nightcrawler's just passing through. I think we should ban Spot's type of movement. Spot has the option of remaining indefinitely in his dimension, and I feel his use of teleportation in that manner violates the spirit of the BFR rule.

A is the start location
B is the alternate dimension
C is the end point

all travel A to C directly is allowed (except through time)

all travel A to C via B is allowed (again, minus time)

if a character stops in B between A and C, they have BFR'd themselves.

I see no reason to even ban it... it is an instant KO to the character trying. Using Spot to sit in another dimension would only be a good strategy if you wanted Spot eliminated.

The teleportation/dimension thing is a caveat to allow a broader use of teleportation that just might happen to violate the word of the "no dimensional travel rule", it will not be used as a way to get around the spirit of the "no dimensional travel rule". I'm with you, it would make for slow and boring matches.

2nd concern: So what's your ruling? If someone drafted say, random anime character and says they do this with a scan or feat, but there are extenuating circumstances they aren't saying or don't know about, but their opponent does not call them on it, may I? Or they claim something I flatout know they can't do. Can I use my personal knowledge in making a judgement call? It's not so much an issue of scans as it's the issue of my being allowed to use my personal knowledge of what characters are capable of in disputing BS claims.

My only real issue is I think it would be bad form to have judges and contestant arguing over feat interpretations. That being said, your role as a judge is essentially as you have described above. I've tried to think of as many scenarios as I could, and I think I agree with you.

I don't want to see the types of arguments about feat interpretation that this might bring, but if someone is using a character in a way that is patently wrong, you can take that into consideration when judging their performance in the debate. If you aren't a judge for that match, there is no reason why you couldn't send a PM to the other contestant even, I really can't stop that. I'm sure you can see what I'm trying to avoid though. I don't want judgements turned into "Thor is stronger", "No hulk is stronger" nonsense, but judges do have to use their own discretion when assessing the matches, and if something is BS, call it as such, just do so in the judgement, and take it into account in determining how someone performed.

However, any sort of collaboration between a competator and a judge for their match is grounds for removal of both from the tournament. Thats not directed at you or anything, just came to mind as I was writing that.

if need arises I'll open an appeals process, but I haven't seen a need for that in any tournament (im a noob though)

3rd: Please elaborate on a clear violation.

It would depend, and stuff like this is hard to quantify anyways.

But like, obviously planet destroying blasts are out, but like, being able to wipe out a city isn't that bad. I can't see the need for a top speed or strength... Someone who could create entire pocket universes or timelines would obviously be way too powerful. Stuff like that...

tell me which types of powers you mean and I can give a better idea. There are literally thousands of things I could give you limits to smile

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 09:54 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Blair Wind
No, what lost me the match was my stupidity. I even got the judges (after the match through PM's) to conceded that if I had done one (very small) strategic step differently, they would have voted my way. Too bad the idea occurred to me a literal day after the match - sort of like our team match DC and I won stick out tongue

Indeed. Guess we're even.

Ours didn't come until a few weeks after the match, so it was moderately less heart-breaking I suppose.

wink

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 05:04 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

So, is this still going down?

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 04:51 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Blair Wind
So, is this still going down?

I'll see if I can garner any more interest over the weekend, but it looks like there wasn't as much interest as I thought/the crushing daily grind of work and life has got in the way/I'm now top 8 in silver, bitches!

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 04:59 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by inimalist
/the crushing daily grind of work and life has got in the way

you should've accounted for that no expression

/I'm now top 8 in silver, bitches!
I don't understand what this means no expression

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 04:45 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Starscream M
you should've accounted for that no expression

I should have

I don't understand what this means no expression

I'm in the top 8 of my starcraft division wink I don't think os any more though...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 04:48 PM
Starscream M

I'm in the top 8 of my starcraft division wink
nice, what race do you prefer? I plan to get starcraft 2 eventually when my new gaming laptop arrives...even though I suck at RTSes.

I don't think os any more though...
huh? os?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 04:51 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

nice, what race do you prefer? I plan to get starcraft 2 eventually when my new gaming laptop arrives...even though I suck at RTSes.

zerg, they play themselves :P

no, ok, not at all, but ya, zerg is where it is at imo. It takes a while if you go through the whole practice league, but Blizzard has set up the Battle.net system to really only pair you with people of generally equal skill, so like, I'm terrible, but I'm never really against people who destroy me (anymore at least, after I was ranked properly)

huh? os?

it should have been "so", as in, I've probably dropped out of the top 8 because I haven't played in a couple of days, and really, my skill is probably close to 20th place /shrug (and because of this, I'm losing a whole lot more now to top placed players)

lol... oh how I could rant about starcraft. Ya man, when you get it, let me know, we'll so some team ups or 1v1s or whatever

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 05:00 PM
Starscream M

cool, thanks for the info smile

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 05:07 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

So what's the chars. Cap level now? Still high meta or low herald?

My Artwork

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 09:26 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Dammit Spot was already used in a BZ? I hoped noone would recognize his exotic shit cause he's D-list villain... I'm kinda pissed now

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 11:02 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Parmaniac
Dammit Spot was already used in a BZ? I hoped noone would recognize his exotic shit cause he's D-list villain... I'm kinda pissed now

laughing out loud

Sorry smile

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 11:28 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

He's also won 1 tourney and reached the finals of another. Spot's old hat in tourneys.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2011 02:12 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

that first occurrence is branded in my mind

it will be rectified

charlotte - digi. to be continued.....

Last edited by psycho gundam on Apr 23rd, 2011 at 02:19 AM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2011 02:17 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Ambient
So what's the chars. Cap level now? Still high meta or low herald?

It looks like Magneto is the "cap", so to speak.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2011 03:32 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally Blair's obscure pick, I was so impressed I used him in like 3 tourneys afterwards.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2011 05:11 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I guess I didn't think he was entirely obscure, because I've read all the old Spider-Man stuff. But yeah, it was a nice find, I wouldn't have thought of him on my own. My pick of him is undoubtedly in Blair's debt as well (ironic, since he helped me beat Blair). It would be like me losing to Minion, another relative unknown until he sprang into like 3 tourneys (leo used him first, actually, though he learned about him from me prior to his tourney usage).

Tourneys are good for that though. I can't think of any others offhand, but I'm sure there's plenty of other characters that didn't have any notoriety until they tore up some punks in a tourney.

{edit} Thought of one. Majestic. Way back in like '05 when Khellendros was the only one on KMC who knew who he was. My butthurt from that match lasted a while, I didn't really have any way to know what I was facing or how to counter it.

Last edited by Digi on Apr 23rd, 2011 at 05:30 AM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2011 05:19 AM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Could you guys link me to the matches where you used him (Blair, Digi, King Kandy)? I would like to compare my strategy I had in mind with the ones you used.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2011 09:31 AM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Could you guys link me to the matches where you used him (Blair, Digi, King Kandy)? I would like to compare my strategy I had in mind with the ones you used.

Boy, that sounds like it might be hard. If only we had a place that collected such matches and history you might have a chance at seeing Spot in action. Alas, no such luck. Sorry.

no expression

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 02:05 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

parmaniac just wanted you to promote the database thread

a "thank you" should be in order

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 02:47 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote