KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » inimalist's Tournament

inimalist's Tournament
Started by: inimalist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Heh.

wink

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 03:26 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by psycho gundam
parmaniac just wanted you to promote the database thread

a "thank you" should be in order
thumb up

I'm still waiting

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Apr 26th, 2011 11:04 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

ya, alright guys, as I'm sure comes as no surprise, I'm going to call this.

I did never really advertise outside of this forum, not that I don't think we might have gotten some more interest, just that a) I was hoping for more of a BZ crowd and b) the more mediums we involved, the less I was going to be able to run the show. If someone does want to try some huge cross-genre thing where we involve all the other forums, I will help as much as possible, I'm certainly in no position to be the head guy in something like that.

So, my appologies and thanks to everyone that showed some interest. If charllotte and jake/smurph want to have a match, I'm sure I can get our judges to rule on it, but otherwise... meh.

Thanks, my bad of course, and ya.... I think thats about it...

Old Post Apr 26th, 2011 11:18 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

we can just implement the linked battlezone idea then; no formal schedule but the wins/losses are tallied.

leo and i are also partnered, and i suspect there were other interested people, all is not lost.

Old Post May 1st, 2011 09:32 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

wut? we are? shifty

Old Post May 2nd, 2011 11:53 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by psycho gundam
i suspect there were other interested people

as did I

lol, no, if there is interest, people need to let me know... but I just didn't really see it

Old Post May 2nd, 2011 11:56 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Yeah, you got 1 here..

Let's hear a two... Lol

My Artwork

Old Post May 6th, 2011 05:35 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I would've genuinely considered entering if it was high meta. As it is, I'm psychotically busy until summer proper so it's good for me. I may try starting something late June or early July. Been a while since I hosted anything, I'd have a much easier time than before. That bracket-style Battlezone series I've talked about before seems a good candidate.

Old Post May 7th, 2011 02:43 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Yeah! I think this would fly much better if it was high meta cap.. Ohh well..

My Artwork

Old Post May 8th, 2011 06:22 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

where the hell were you guys on page 1 when everyone said the opposite...

Old Post May 8th, 2011 06:34 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Obvious we were not.. Lol either way I'm on board as I mentioned in discussion thread..

My Artwork

Old Post May 8th, 2011 06:58 PM
tsilamini

second person to let me know they are interested after I canceled...

Old Post May 8th, 2011 07:02 PM
tsilamini

ok, let me see, can I have people confirm if they are still interested:

- Charlotte
- Existre/Jake
- Psycho Gundam
- Ambient

if we have 4 contestants, it might be worth trying to get this going again

Old Post May 8th, 2011 07:03 PM
Smurph
------

I'm still down. Let's do it.

Old Post May 8th, 2011 08:19 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

alright smile

I'll work on getting something to post in the anime forums for Monday/Tuesday

Old Post May 8th, 2011 08:22 PM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

I'm still insmile

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post May 9th, 2011 04:08 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

alright, and like the phoenix, this tournament rises from the ashes!!!

so, as of now, we have enough people to run a mini tourney, so no matter what, I will do this thing!!

I need some feedback on an issue I can't really crystalize in my mind though.

So, multiple man type powers I thought would be ok at meta level, but too much of an exploit at herald. However, summoning powers I really like and wouldn't want to ban outright...

though, I don't see what differentiates these things. Obviously more is generally involved in summoning (knowing the magic, something to sacrifice) but not always, and simply saying "nobody higher than the limits" could quickly turn into fights of 3 vs hundreds of equally powerful opponents.

So ya, feedback: is summoning different than just straight up "dupe"-ing? should one of the be banned and the other allowed? should both be banned because herald level leaves this open to easy exploits? keep in mind, I'm allowing stuff like time and prob manip, so there is a lot of room for exploit anyways, and this might be a balance so that everyone isn't just trying to find the most uber time manipulator or reality manipulator they can.

I'd like to keep them both in, but ya, my original thoughts are that they are an easy exploit, just looking for opinions

Old Post May 9th, 2011 05:10 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

I'd say allow it..

With that said, I call shotgun on Pain (naruto) Lol's..

How bout naruto's shadow cloned tech.. Is that banned? I assume it is but just want clarif....

My Artwork

Old Post May 9th, 2011 08:26 PM
tsilamini

Originally posted by Ambient
I'd say allow it..

With that said, I call shotgun on Pain (naruto) Lol's..

first-come first-serve, after drafts are open of course stick out tongue

Originally posted by Ambient
How bout naruto's shadow cloned tech.. Is that banned? I assume it is but just want clarif....

I'd need to get KK to rule on it after I figure out the summoning/dupe thing, I have no idea what it is in the first place smile

Old Post May 9th, 2011 09:08 PM
Smurph
------

Welllllllll

I would argue that allowing duplication is inherently more powerful. Summoning is naturally restricted to whatever characters have summoned in the past, via feats, and there's not too many ways to get around that. Duplicating, however, allows for the mass production of not only the character with the cloning feats but also whatever he's amped with- any technology or power amps granted to the character through prep would logically be cloned as well.

So I wouldn't say that they're equal in power, but it's not the biggest distinction.

Old Post May 9th, 2011 09:20 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote