KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Amatsu-Mikaboshi/Chaos King(Remixed)

Respect Amatsu-Mikaboshi/Chaos King(Remixed)
Started by: Igniz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Power Cosmic II
BigG > Mad Celestial Host

I don't doubt that Mikaboshi absorbed 98% of the multiverse (since it was stated on panel clearly)

I doubt whether Mikaboshi really has multiversal capabilities.

After all, he was sequestered in a bubble universe, which by inherent nature is part of the overall multiverse. CK was neither able to perceive that he was separate from his actuality or that there very much was still "existence" outside of his isolated bubble universe; meaning, in the universe next door, the universe which he just left, he was unable to detect that creation was still present while he was in his own bubble universe.

How could he go around absorbing the great majority of the multiverse, meaning universe upon universe upon universe etc., yet be stuck in a hastily set up bubble universe and not be able to detect that existence still "existed" outside his void of nothingness...a void of nothingess which encompassed just ONE universe.

It may be explained away by Mikaboshi simply losing his awareness as he exponentially absorbed more and more, but that's really a stupid cop out and I attribute that to really poor writing.

"It is unwise to battle the Power Cosmic." - Silver Surfer

Old Post May 16th, 2011 03:14 PM
Power Cosmic II is currently offline Click here to Send Power Cosmic II a Private Message Find more posts by Power Cosmic II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kakuzu
A new heart I see!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
I don't doubt that Mikaboshi absorbed 98% of the multiverse (since it was stated on panel clearly)

I doubt whether Mikaboshi really has multiversal capabilities.

After all, he was sequestered in a bubble universe, which by inherent nature is part of the overall multiverse. CK was neither able to perceive that he was separate from his actuality or that there very much was still "existence" outside of his isolated bubble universe; meaning, in the universe next door, the universe which he just left, he was unable to detect that creation was still present while he was in his own bubble universe.

How could he go around absorbing the great majority of the multiverse, meaning universe upon universe upon universe etc., yet be stuck in a hastily set up bubble universe and not be able to detect that existence still "existed" outside his void of nothingness...a void of nothingess which encompassed just ONE universe.

It may be explained away by Mikaboshi simply losing his awareness as he exponentially absorbed more and more, but that's really a stupid cop out and I attribute that to really poor writing.

If he were to absorb 98% of the multiverse then he wouldn't be able to detect that small bit left over. Even when he had just absorbed nightmare and lost the heroes inside of his void he had just absorbed nightmare. Then he absorbs satan and still doesn't realize how much he's got in him. He's part of eternity why stops him being part of multi eternity? If he absorbed so much of the multiverse he would not be able to detect such a small percent. If you clean 98 percent of your room and leave a small two percent chances are you wouldn't even notice that small percent cause your look at that 98 percent you just cleaned.

Old Post May 16th, 2011 04:55 PM
kakuzu is currently offline Click here to Send kakuzu a Private Message Find more posts by kakuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Originally posted by kakuzu
If he were to absorb 98% of the multiverse then he wouldn't be able to detect that small bit left over. Even when he had just absorbed nightmare and lost the heroes inside of his void he had just absorbed nightmare. Then he absorbs satan and still doesn't realize how much he's got in him. He's part of eternity why stops him being part of multi eternity? If he absorbed so much of the multiverse he would not be able to detect such a small percent. If you clean 98 percent of your room and leave a small two percent chances are you wouldn't even notice that small percent cause your look at that 98 percent you just cleaned.

thumb up Well said kakuzu.FVL stated that the Chaos King is a "get off my lawn villain."That statement already meant that the Chaos King was once the Universe/Multiverse.He even went on to use references from the bible to mythology on what the Marvel Universe was like before creation or existence itself.And duality comes into mind about Chaos King and Multi-Eternity.This was ironically proven in Defenders V3 #3 were Dormammu w/ help from Umar defeated 616 Eternity.And when he bathed himself in 616 Eternity's blood, he started seeing Universes indicating he was now inside Multi-Eternity.And he even saw the void,darkness and chaos which preceded creation.And people seem to view Chaos King being sent to the continuum as bad writing when FVL gave a statement that he will allow any writer to uncork the Chaos King in future stories.At least from what I heard from other people.

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post May 17th, 2011 04:25 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Power Cosmic II

It's still bad writing. It ultimately comes to a mutliversal being being "imprisoned" for lack of a better term, in just one miniscule universe.

This doesn't even address the fact that Hercules undid everything CK did. So in essence the above answer really isn't logical since as soon as Hercules undid everything CK did, then 98% of the multiverse would reappear instantly, and CK STILL hasn't detected that outside his 1 universe of nothingness, 100% of actuality exists anew, thanks to Hercules. How can you explain that?

Old Post May 17th, 2011 03:25 PM
Power Cosmic II is currently offline Click here to Send Power Cosmic II a Private Message Find more posts by Power Cosmic II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

It's still bad writing. It ultimately comes to a mutliversal being being "imprisoned" for lack of a better term, in just one miniscule universe.

Since when did size or physics applied to abstracts anyways?Is their a rule that says Multiversal beings don't fit in one Universe?I don't even think the Chaos King was even "imprisoned" in the continuum.He actually showed being content in one Universe which is the continuum.

This doesn't even address the fact that Hercules undid everything CK did. So in essence the above answer really isn't logical since as soon as Hercules undid everything CK did, then 98% of the multiverse would reappear instantly,

The question that is always thrown against this question, is why did the Chaos King instantly became the Void,Darkness and Chaos in the Continuum which is one Universe?While when he wasn't in the Continuum and he was still in the Multiverse, he didn't instantly became the Void,Darkness and Chaos.In fact, the Chaos King still had to contend with Supergod Hercules and the others.If you still believe that the continuum is part of the Multiverse, then why wasn't Hercules and the others affected by CK's convert the Multiverse into Void,Darkness and Chaos Powers while being in the continuum?This only proves the continuum is separate from the Multiverse where the Chaos King was sent and felt content being there.

and CK STILL hasn't detected that outside his 1 universe of nothingness, 100% of actuality exists anew, thanks to Hercules. How can you explain that?

Anyone hasn't wondered why the Chaos King does what he does?He is viewed as an Oblivion wannabe.But do you really know why the Chaos King was destroying everything?Impossible Man stated the reason why the Chaos King was doing what he did in Chaos War:Chaos King.He actually stated the Chaos King wanted some peace and quiet.Creation was annoying him.That's like an Old Man annoyed by kids being noisy and playing in his lawn.Henceforth FVL's quote about the Chaos King being a "get off my lawn" type villain!

And as explained,shown and stated before, the continuum is separate from the Multiverse.Galactus had to built a machine to pierce the infinite gulf between here and there which nearly killed him.Amadeus's original plan was to evacuate everybody into the continuum.Henceforth his quote to use the Continuum as a lifeboat.Do you think Hercules can restore everything if the continuum wasn't separate from the Multiverse and the Chaos King is still affecting everything?And it was shown that CK was content in it.Probably because he no longer hear any sign of creation.Hence he got the peace and quiet he wanted.And the quote "The Universe dies and everybody wins!Huh?"

I'm the CEO of NEST!

Old Post May 18th, 2011 05:52 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Power Cosmic II

Originally posted by Igniz
Since when did size or physics applied to abstracts anyways?Is their a rule that says Multiversal beings don't fit in one Universe?I don't even think the Chaos King was even "imprisoned" in the continuum.He actually showed being content in one Universe which is the continuum.

Obviously none. The fact that he was reduced from multiversal activity to universal sedation undercuts the fact.

quote:
The question that is always thrown against this question, is why did the Chaos King instantly became the Void,Darkness and Chaos in the Continuum which is one Universe?While when he wasn't in the Continuum and he was still in the Multiverse, he didn't instantly became the Void,Darkness and Chaos.In fact, the Chaos King still had to contend with Supergod Hercules and the others.If you still believe that the continuum is part of the Multiverse, then why wasn't Hercules and the others affected by CK's convert the Multiverse into Void,Darkness and Chaos Powers while being in the continuum?This only proves the continuum is separate from the Multiverse where the Chaos King was sent and felt content being there.
No, Hercules and the others were never in the continuum. Galactus opened the portal and no one ventured inside until Hercules punched mikaboshi in. At no point in the story were any of the God Squad in the continuum...in fact, at no point in the story was any one in the continuum until mikaboshi was thrown inside.

quote:
Anyone hasn't wondered why the Chaos King does what he does?He is viewed as an Oblivion wannabe.But do you really know why the Chaos King was destroying everything?Impossible Man stated the reason why the Chaos King was doing what he did in Chaos War:Chaos King.He actually stated the Chaos King wanted some peace and quiet.Creation was annoying him.That's like an Old Man annoyed by kids being noisy and playing in his lawn.Henceforth FVL's quote about the Chaos King being a "get off my lawn" type villain!

The analogy doesn't because each universe is equivalent to a lawn. Or, if you want to contain the analogy to a lawn, then each universe is a blade of grass. Mikaboshi went around cutting all blades of grass. He was never content with 1 blade of grass being cut down when there was a full blade of grass adjacent to the one he just cut down. So he cuts down that one, and the next, and the next, and so forth. Hercules sequestered him in a portion of land where 1 blade of grass once stood. Then hercules regrew all blades of grass.

quote:
And as explained,shown and stated before, the continuum is separate from the Multiverse.Galactus had to built a machine to pierce the infinite gulf between here and there which nearly killed him.Amadeus's original plan was to evacuate everybody into the continuum.Henceforth his quote to use the Continuum as a lifeboat.Do you think Hercules can restore everything if the continuum wasn't separate from the Multiverse and the Chaos King is still affecting everything?And it was shown that CK was content in it.Probably because he no longer hear any sign of creation.Hence he got the peace and quiet he wanted.And the quote "The Universe dies and everybody wins!Huh?"

Where was it stated that the continuum is separate from the multiverse? That would in essence say the continuum is part of its own multiverse/a multiverse separate from the Marvel Multiverse...for example, that would be saying it's part of DC's multiverse (a collection of universes separate and distinct from Marvel's universes).

Old Post May 18th, 2011 07:52 PM
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Obviously none. The fact that he was reduced from multiversal activity to universal sedation undercuts the fact.

So they gave him his own Universe to call home.The Chaos King became content with 1 Universe(continuum) which was separate/isolated from the rest of the Multiverse since its easier to turn to the Void,Darkness and Chaos instead of going for a Multiverse which was bigger and harder for him to turn to the Void,Darkness,and Chaos.Again the Chaos King's true objective is to become the only thing in existence to attain peace and quiet.Which isn't bad in his point of view.He doesn't view himself evil.His method is what makes him evil by rendering creation into non-existence to achieve his goal.In a scale of evil from 1 to 22, I would give CK a rating of 15/22 in the scale.Maybe even lower.

No, Hercules and the others were never in the continuum. Galactus opened the portal and no one ventured inside until Hercules punched mikaboshi in. At no point in the story were any of the God Squad in the continuum...in fact, at no point in the story was any one in the continuum until mikaboshi was thrown inside.

Fair enough.

The analogy doesn't because each universe is equivalent to a lawn. Or, if you want to contain the analogy to a lawn, then each universe is a blade of grass. Mikaboshi went around cutting all blades of grass. He was never content with 1 blade of grass being cut down when there was a full blade of grass adjacent to the one he just cut down. So he cuts down that one, and the next, and the next, and so forth. Hercules sequestered him in a portion of land where 1 blade of grass once stood. Then hercules regrew all blades of grass.

The get off my lawn villain type was used to describe the Chaos King means that he once was the Universe/Multiverse in the Marvel Universe.Here's a description of what the Chaos King is.

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/artic...s_war_interview

quote:
CosmicBookNews: Can you tell us a bit about the Chaos King? With the Silver Surfer and Galactus involved, he must pose a pretty big threat, more so than we have seen of him as Mikaboshi? (Chaos King being Mikaboshi‘s true form finally revealed?) Galactus is said to be from before the Big Bang. Does the Chaos King predate that and is that why Galactus takes notice?

Fred Van Lente: Yes, you are correct – According to Japanese mythology, Amatsu-Mikaboshi is the Void that pre-dated all existence. All existence, even the universe that Galactus originates from. In his original, Terran form, he laid waste to Olympus and killed Zeus in the ARES mini-series.

And here's Greg Pak's description of the Chaos King being the get off my lawn type villain.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/cha...d-1-101015.html

quote:
Nrama: One more question on my end — the Chaos King’s goal is bringing things back to a state of nothingness, as things were when he first existed. But a state of nothingness is the opposite of chaos, isn’t it? Wouldn’t he rather have this ensuing chaos continue in perpetuity?

Van Lente: Different cultures interpret this entity differently. To the Greeks, in Ovid, in Metamorphoses, he describes this pre-universe state as “chaos.” [Reads.] “Crude, linked mass, nothing but tonnage; discordant elements and badly bound congestion.” Those crazy Romans. In other words, it’s not always necessarily a void. The Bible calls it just the “waters of the deep” in Genesis. All of this stuff is what the Chaos King represents.

Pak: I think the Chaos King, he’s tired of this incessant yammering from all of creation. He’s the “get off my lawn” villain of the Marvel Universe. It’s time for everyone to get off his lawn, and everything to return to that beautiful, sweet quiet of the void that existed before creation. He could just continue to plunge the world into chaos and maintain a constant upheaval, but there would still be a level or order, just because people would be kicking around. And it would also be really annoying for him. He’s ready to just put out the lights.

In other words, the Chaos King is like a grumpy old man.And those who thrive in creation are the pesky little kids he wants to annihilate to shut them up for good.

Where was it stated that the continuum is separate from the multiverse? That would in essence say the continuum is part of its own multiverse/a multiverse separate from the Marvel Multiverse...for example, that would be saying it's part of DC's multiverse (a collection of universes separate and distinct from Marvel's universes).

In Chaos War#4.I posted a scan here where Amadeus Cho describes what the Continuum is.Here it is.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums...pg?t=1303189905

I'm the CEO of NEST!

Old Post May 18th, 2011 10:47 PM
Power Cosmic II

Good points. Forgot about that last scan about the multiverse being separate from the continuum. With that, the point is moot.

Old Post May 20th, 2011 06:18 PM
kakuzu
A new heart I see!!

This doesn't even address the fact that Hercules undid everything CK did. So in essence the above answer really isn't logical since as soon as Hercules undid everything CK did, then 98% of the multiverse would reappear instantly, and CK STILL hasn't detected that outside his 1 universe of nothingness, 100% of actuality exists anew, thanks to Hercules. How can you explain that?
Again when he had already absorbed the power of just nightmare and the heavens he lost those heroes in his vastness what makes you think he'd suddenly be able to locate this other multiverse? I see what you mean in terms of bad writing the multiverse being built back like its nothing hercules should have atleast died bringing back all those incapable number of beings but at the same time CK isn't going to sense that. It be like loeb writing it if that were the case, Red Hulk walked through Iron man, she hulk, Thor with the odin force, Hulk, Abom, Wendigo and Dormammus head but wolverine almost killed him? There is some bad writing in CK about it all coming back if Hercules had so much power he probably could have just killed CK from the start but apparently he didn't they would have been nice to have atleast given him and extra power of item I guess.

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 05:29 AM
kakuzu is currently offline Click here to Send kakuzu a Private Message Find more posts by kakuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

About Ama-no-Kagaseo.

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/camwiki/...=Ama-no-Kagaseo

quote:
This is what is openly known of the Kagaseo, before this, perhaps a hundred years, we formed out of the darkness, One of the Kindred of Japan who was seeking something within the darkness found enlightenment through its meditation and eventually the voice of Amatsu-Mikaboshi was heard to its ears. It is said that in order to bring the world back to the darkness, decisive chaos and passion had to be released into the world once more. So it was sent out into the world to slowly gather followers dedicated to bringing Mikaboshi back into the world.

Is it possible?Is Marvel planning to return the one who hosted Amatsu-Mikaboshi(aka Chaos King) known as Ama-no-Kagaseo(who is probably the true Japanese God of Evil) in future issues or maybe events?After all, Writers in Marvel are well versed in Mythology.And the fact the Chaos King called the Amatsu-Kamis his "Cousins".

I'm the CEO of NEST!

Old Post May 24th, 2011 11:48 AM
Igniz
I reign supreme!

I know this is not an Amatsu-Mikaboshi/Chaos King feat, but this scans will squash the statement "Death can't go outside the Multiverse" argument.From Marvel:The End#6.

Here's Thanos w/ the Heart Of The Universe/Infinite destroying the Marvel Multiverse.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

I'm the CEO of NEST!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2011 02:28 AM
Igniz
I reign supreme!

With that shown, Its clear the Multiverse was destroyed by Thanos.But in the next scan, Adam Warlock appears before Thanos.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Adam Warlock escaped Thanos's blind fury of destroying the Multiverse by being outside of it.And Adam Warlock isn't an abstract like Death.Yet he escaped the destruction of the Multiverse by being outside of itbig grin And Thanos w/ HOTU>>>>>>Chaos King.But there's more.In the next scan, someone close to Thanos appears before him who was also outside the Multiverse when Thanos destroyed everything.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

You can say Death has a habit of fleeing the Multiverse whenever someone is destroying it rolling on floor laughing

So she(Death) did it again in Chaos War Happy Dance

I'm the CEO of NEST!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2011 02:28 AM
Igniz
I reign supreme!

I'm back and with new info about the events in chaos war.Here's info from Herc#1 stating that Amadeus Cho still had some of the Godlike powers.From Herc#1 big grin

(please log in to view the image)

Well this proves Amadeus Cho's statements in CW#4 to be true since he still had in his possession a small amount of his Godlike Powers. Happy Dance

I'm the CEO of NEST!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 03:07 AM
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

The celestials and the other abstracts waiting for the day the chaos king arise

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/..._watchers_1.jpg

I have returned

Old Post Nov 28th, 2011 11:58 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Here are scans I found on the net Narrating the events of Chaos War.From Fear Itself Spotlight.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums...z5/MSFI_033.jpg

Now as can be seen in this scan, its stated SuperGod Hercules is the only one who can prevent the end of all things.The next scan is narrated by the Watcher in what was happening in Chaos War.From History of the Marvel Universe.

Note:The Watcher wasn't present during the events of Chaos War.So its amazing he recorded what went on it.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums...Talking072a.jpg

Proof the Watcher was narrating what actually was happening in the Marvel Universe.He even narrated the events of Fear Itself.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums...Talking073a.jpg

Watcher stated that Chaos King targeted "All Reality".A lot of people might be thinking Hell realms,the realms of Gods and etc if the Watcher stated All Reality.The next scan shows Watcher differentiating Reality-616 and Reality-295.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums...Talking074a.jpg

So the "All Reality" mentioned by the Watcher would be the Multiverse.

I'm the CEO of NEST!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2012 06:17 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Excellent respect thread Igniz, very thorough! thumb up

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 05:26 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hattie71

I agree with you!(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 09:38 AM
Hattie71 is currently offline Click here to Send Hattie71 a Private Message Find more posts by Hattie71 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Great respect thread!

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Mar 15th, 2015 11:02 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

Why doesn't anyone use Tinypics as a way to upload?....

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 06:40 AM
BeyonderGod is currently offline Click here to Send BeyonderGod a Private Message Find more posts by BeyonderGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
The celestials and the other abstracts waiting for the day the chaos king arise

(please log in to view the image)

Oh wow

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2015 06:42 AM
BeyonderGod is currently offline Click here to Send BeyonderGod a Private Message Find more posts by BeyonderGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote