KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Nova & Black Bolt vs Martian Manhunter & Kilowog

Nova & Black Bolt vs Martian Manhunter & Kilowog
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smurph
------

quote: (post)
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Maximus is your not a run of the mill telepath. Resists his mind powers.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...bolt/plan11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...bolt/plan12.jpg

can directly affect tp'ers offensively
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...olt/maximus.jpg

creates hypno pattern against the Mandarin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...bolt/mandri.jpg

When a child uses his powerful mind to animate a huge statue, Black Bolt controls the child's mind and to stop the statue.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...lt/pattern2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...lt/pattern3.jpg

Uses his electron powers to break the same child's psychic link.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...lt/pattern4.jpg

can even mind blast. prolly through his manipulation of electrons.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...olt/mblasts.jpg

I dont even have to tell u about Nova.. his tp defense is well documented
I've seen each of those scans before- Black Bolt's one of my favorite characters. Which is why I can say with confidence that he has never shown an outright immunity to telepathy nor has he resisted telepathy on the level of the Martian Manhunter.

And yes, you do have to say something about Nova if you're going to claim he can resist J'onn.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 12:15 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by Existere
I've seen each of those scans before- Black Bolt's one of my favorite characters. Which is why I can say with confidence that he has never shown an outright immunity to telepathy nor has he resisted telepathy on the level of the Martian Manhunter.

And yes, you do have to say something about Nova if you're going to claim he can resist J'onn.

why would he not be able to resist it? his defense against tp is almost a hax since it affects the mechanics of it and not how much "force of will" of the tp'er applies.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Apr 20th, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 12:35 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Existere,

I can tell you that Rich has twice resisted the Sphinx, and resisted a being that was powerful enough to psionically mask his presence from Galactus. Not sure if that matches what MM can do but those are the most potent examples that I can think of.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 01:02 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

I'm just saying if team 2 will get wins, it's not from Jonn's tp.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 01:04 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

why would he not be able to resist it? his defense against tp is almost a hax since it affects the mechanics of it and not how much "force of will" of the tp'er applies.
Which he's never explicitly used to directly resist telepathy, only to affect other telepaths without being attacked. Nice in theory, but the only feat to back up this notion is Black Bolt resisting Maximus' telepathy without any explanation given of how he went about it.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 01:07 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Which he's never explicitly used to directly resist telepathy, only to affect other telepaths without being attacked. Nice in theory, but the only feat to back up this notion is Black Bolt resisting Maximus' telepathy without any explanation given of how he went about it.

erm... It's right there on panel.. why are u denying it? he fuuks with electrons. The idea behind telepathy is the vibration of electrons in the brain which sends out electromagnetic waves. and no one is better than Blackbolt when it involves electron manipulation.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 01:17 AM
Smurph
------

erm... It's right there on panel.. why are u denying it? he fuuks with electrons. The idea behind telepathy is the vibration of electrons in the brain which sends out electromagnetic waves. and no one is better than Blackbolt when it involves electron manipulation.
Uh... what? That's not the 'idea' behind telepathy at all. If you feel that that is how J'onn's super powers work, feel free to post evidence or stop talking out of your ass.

As far as Black Bolt goes, he's never resisted telepathy on J'onn's level, nor has he actually explicitly proven to be immune to telepathy that wasn't his brothers (whose power level varies greatly).

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 01:20 AM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Uh... what? That's not the 'idea' behind telepathy at all. If you feel that that is how J'onn's super powers work, feel free to post evidence or stop talking out of your ass.

As far as Black Bolt goes, he's never resisted telepathy on J'onn's level, nor has he actually explicitly proven to be immune to telepathy that wasn't his brothers (whose power level varies greatly).

sigh...
so if you know... care to explain how telepathy works? please dont make snide remarks when u dont even have ure facts straight
. Plus the fact that he broke the psychic link here
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...lt/pattern2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...lt/pattern4.jpg
tells u he can affect others other than his brother.
I swear people get too riled up...

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Apr 20th, 2011 at 01:48 AM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 01:37 AM
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

team 2 for both

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 01:44 AM
Slaanesh is currently offline Click here to Send Slaanesh a Private Message Find more posts by Slaanesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

sigh...
so if you know... care to explain how telepathy works? please dont make snide remarks when u dont even have ure facts straight.
I swear people get too riled up...
Tell you what: I'll cease making snide remarks when you learn how to spell 'your' and actually engage in some sort of debate when you post.

Here we go again:

As far as Black Bolt goes, he's never resisted telepathy on J'onn's level, nor has he actually explicitly proven to be immune to telepathy.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 01:45 AM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Tell you what: I'll cease making snide remarks when you learn how to spell 'your' and actually engage in some sort of debate when you post.

Here we go again:

As far as Black Bolt goes, he's never resisted telepathy on J'onn's level, nor has he actually explicitly proven to be immune to telepathy.

if you can explain to me how telepathy works other than what I said, it would destroy any evidence I have shown u on how BB defends against...

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 01:50 AM
Smurph
------

if you can explain to me how telepathy works, it would destroy any evidence I have shown u on how BB defends against...
That would require you to show evidence in the first place.

In Marvel, telepathy has been explained to be closely tied to the electromagnetic spectrum- hence why Magneto can affect and hinder long range telepathy by manipulating the poles.

That being said, Magneto has never, to my knowledge, combatted telepathy with anything but his willpower and his helmet, despite being perhaps the most proficient manipulator of EM energy this side of reality manipulators.

Black Bolt has never been stated to repel telepathic attacks with electron manipulation. He has resisted telepathic attacks though, but without actual explanation of how. He has also simulated telepathy by manipulating the electrons in people's brains, but that's not resisting a telepathic attack.

So it's a big leap with no supporting text to reach the conclusion that Black Bolt can repel any telepathic attack by manipulating electrons in brains as that's never explicitly happened on panel, nor has anything even remotely similar happened while combatting a telepath as proficient as the Martian Manhunter.

Furthermore, J'onn's not actually from Marvel, but from a separate company (see: DC comics) and thusly there is no reason to believe that his telepathy would operate according to the same mechanics as the mutant telepaths.

Feel free to actually support whatever you say in your next post.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 01:58 AM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

In Marvel, telepathy has been explained to be closely tied to the electromagnetic spectrum- hence why Magneto can affect and hinder long range telepathy by manipulating the poles.

That being said, Magneto has never, to my knowledge, combatted telepathy with anything but his willpower and his helmet, despite being perhaps the most proficient manipulator of EM energy this side of reality manipulators.

Black Bolt has never been stated to repel telepathic attacks with electron manipulation. He has resisted telepathic attacks though, but without actual explanation of how. He has also simulated telepathy by manipulating the electrons in people's brains, but that's not resisting a telepathic attack.

So it's a big leap with no supporting text to reach the conclusion that Black Bolt can repel any telepathic attack by manipulating electrons in brains as that's never explicitly happened on panel, nor has anything even remotely similar happened while combatting a telepath as proficient as the Martian Manhunter.

Furthermore, J'onn's not actually from Marvel, but from a separate company (see: DC comics) and thusly there is no reason to believe that his telepathy would operate according to the same mechanics as the mutant telepaths.

so ure telling me him defending against Maximus attack is purely based on BB being his brother.
u still didnt explain how tp works in the "DC universe". u just reiterated how I explained tp in general, but dismissed it only viable for the "Marvel univers".

since u keep asking for evidence, show me one of MM tping an electron manipulator of BB's caliber who also uses that part of the powerset to defend against it.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 02:06 AM
Smurph
------

so ure telling me him defending against Maximus attack is purely based on BB being his brother.
u still didnt explain how tp works in the "DC universe". u just reiterated how I explained tp in general, but dismissed it only viable for the "Marvel univers".

since u keep asking for evidence, show me one of MM tping an electron manipulator of BB's caliber who also uses that part of the powerset to defend against it.
Oh FFS.

No, I didn't attribute it to being his brother. I said it wasn't attributed to anything.

No, I didn't explain TP as "vibration of electrons in the brain which send out electromagnetic waves". That's complete crap, unless you have evidence to support it, and still doesn't apply to J'onn.

Prove that the DC Universe supports your idea of telepathy and that J'onn's telepathy could be manipulated by Black Bolt, or stop talking out of your ass.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 02:20 AM
WhiteWitchKing

So J'onn isn't consisted of electrons? J'onn attacks the mind. Black Bolt attacks then the basis which allow the mind to function.

Being the world's most powerful telepathy doesn't exactly put you over someone like Magneto would can reverse all blood flow to your brain. How does a telepath operate when his brain is literally fried? It comes to how quick the draw is for both.

Bolt has atleast some resistant to telepathy as shown already. How resistant is Martain Manhunter to electron manipulation? Bolt's nullified mini black holes. I doubt it's as good as Bolt's resistance to telephathy.

Maximus is your not a run of the mill telepath. Resists his mind powers.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...bolt/plan11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...bolt/plan12.jpg

If Bolt doesn't have telepathy of his own, how is he able to control Maximus like this?

quote:

can directly affect tp'ers offensively
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...olt/maximus.jpg

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 02:21 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Oh FFS.

No, I didn't attribute it to being his brother. I said it wasn't attributed to anything.

No, I didn't explain TP as "vibration of electrons in the brain which send out electromagnetic waves". That's complete crap, unless you have evidence to support it, and still doesn't apply to J'onn.

Prove that the DC Universe supports your idea of telepathy and that J'onn's telepathy could be manipulated by Black Bolt, or stop talking out of your ass.

u dont have to get ure panties in a bunch.
its not my fault ure coming up with absolutely zero, zilch, nada, nothing, kaput... uve got no explanation for anything other than "i've never seen BB manipulate Jonn's elecrons so ure wrong" argument.

wink

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 02:29 AM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing

a) Give that we're discussing a CIS-less battle, in order for Black Bolt to attack J'onn's mind, he must be capable of either hitting J'onn before J'onn goes intangible, or he must be capable of attacking J'onn while J'onn is phased. I don't believe Black Bolt to be capable of either, so I don't believe Black Bolt to be capable of attacking J'onn's mind in a CIS-less battle.

b) Black Bolt's not a telepath. That's cut and dry- he manipulates electrons in brains to simulate telepathy. He cannot access the astral plane, he cannot generate psi-energy, he can simply simulate it.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 02:30 AM
Smurph
------

u dont have to get ure panties in a bunch.
its not my fault ure coming up with absolutely zero, zilch, nada, nothing, kaput...

wink
Typing 'panties' with a winky smilie. What a daredevil badass you are.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 02:32 AM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Oh FFS.

uh... Yes u did...

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 02:43 AM
Smurph
------

uh... Yes u did...

Oh wow, you're retarded.

All that I did was state that the only telepath he's resisted has had a career of fluctuating power levels.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 02:49 AM