KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » UFC 129 Predictions and Discussion

WHO GETS THE WIN?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
RANDY 0 0%
MACHIDA 1 25.00%
GSP 1 25.00%
JAKE SHIELDS 1 25.00%
BEN HENDERSON 0 0%
MARK BOCEK 0 0%
NATE DIAZ 0 0%
RORY MCDONALD 0 0%
JOSE ALDO 1 25.00%
MARK HOMINICK 0 0%
Total: 4 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

UFC 129 Predictions and Discussion
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
Jake seems like such a cool guy though.

Originally posted by batdude123
You're dead to me.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2011 06:14 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by long pig
That was the only way i could phrase it. What I mean is Jake, just like every other grappler he's faced, has tons of credentials and titles and GSP has none. KOS was a D1 wrestling champ, but got out wrestled by a guy who's wrestled for what.....less than ten years? Same with Fitch. Hughs too. They are all more skilled at actual wrestling, but GSP is able to apply it better. I'm sure a lot of it is due to superior athleticism, but whatever. He's going to out wrestle jake, and whatever he lacks in bjj, if anything, he'll make up with superior execution. Isn't he a gracie black belt, too? Under Henzo i think. Maybe not. I hope jake wins though. It'd be a great upset to witness.
Except Jake isn't like every other grappler he has faced, because he is better than all of them.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 29th, 2011 06:52 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

The only way I see Shields winning is by a heel hook or a variation of some leg lock. I can't picture him pulling off any other submission.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 12:20 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Why not?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 12:49 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by Mindset
Why not?
(please log in to view the image)

Here's one reason.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 02:51 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Only person he fought with comparable grappling to Jake is Penn, and he's smaller and weaker than Jake with worse wrestling.

So...

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 03:04 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Except Jake isn't like every other grappler he has faced, because he is better than all of them.
And so was GSP. So much better it wasn't even a fight. GSP's grappling was way better than Penn's. Although shields is better than Penn, but not by a lot. Either way....I'm going out on a limb and change my prediction to shields winning.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 06:44 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

pulling for jake

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 06:47 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

And so was GSP. So much better it wasn't even a fight. GSP's grappling was way better than Penn's. Although shields is better than Penn, but not by a lot. Either way....I'm going out on a limb and change my prediction to shields winning.
If Gsp's grappling is way better than Penn's, then so is Jake's.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 06:48 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by batdude123
You're dead to me.
i've been excommunicated from the church of fox. a chaos offer to lose every 5 years. It always makes them better. The gsp who lost to hughs wasn't even related to the gsp who beat hughs. The gsp who lost to serra wasn't the same as the gsp who avenged that loss. Everytime he lost he got 10x better in the area he got beat in. After being submitted, he did the gracie bjj thing and his wrestling got world class. after gettin k.o'd, he got freddy roach and now his boxing is on the way to being world class. Losing makes better. But, seeing my fav super human get beat is gonna suck. He is super human literally. He was on sports science and they said he doesnt produce lactic acid like normal people. That's some captain america shit right there.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 07:08 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

sports science is retarded, dont believe anything they say

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 07:09 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

If Gsp's grappling is way better than Penn's, then so is Jake's.
We can't know for sure until jake and penn fight. That's the only reason i can say gsp's was way better. There is proof of it. Until bj and jake fight, i'll just say he's better. But I'm sure you'll be proven right if they do fight.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 07:19 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why don't you like sport science?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 07:23 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm more excited for the cruz faber fight than any so far this year. Cruz is my 2nd fav fighter. One of the only guys i've watched from his first fight knowing one day he'd be great. Didn't know he'd be as good a kick boxer, though. I hope he destroys the butt chinned one.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 07:29 AM
Mindset

Why don't you like sport science?
Because it's not science.

This is the same show that said GSP hits harder than Cain and Rampage and kicks harder than Shogun. Every time a new fighter is on the show they hit harder than the last.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 04:01 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Because it's not science.

This is the same show that said GSP hits harder than Cain and Rampage and kicks harder than Shogun. Every time a new fighter is on the show they hit harder than the last.
Co-sign^

Anatomically, it's impossible for a punch to generate more force than a kick.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 04:25 PM
Quiero Mota

Originally posted by guy222
pulling for jake

Me too. A six-year, 15-fight undefeated streak is nothing to sneeze at. Not even the almighty GSP can claim that.

On UFC Primetime GSP even said himself that people who believe he's gonna plow through Shields are just fooling themselves. "If you go in there thinking you're gonna walk all over Jake Shields, then he's gonna walk all over you." - Greg Jackson, GSP's own coach.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 06:48 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Me too. A six-year, 15-fight undefeated streak is nothing to sneeze at. Not even the almighty GSP can claim that.

On UFC Primetime GSP even said himself that people who believe he's gonna plow through Shields are just fooling themselves. "If you go in there thinking you're gonna walk all over Jake Shields, then he's gonna walk all over you." - Greg Jackson, GSP's own coach.

Everything you just said is verbatim what was said about GSP vs Fitch... and GSP dominated Fitch for five rounds... and Fitch is better than Shields. cool

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 10:16 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

What is Fitch better than Jake at, it definitely isn't grappling.

They faced each other in a grappling match and Shields subbed him, granted it was in 05, but I don't see what would change...Shields is still better.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 10:37 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Fitch has much better striking and slightly better wrestling. Shields got that submission by pulling guard, and the whole equation gets f*cked with when you add in punches on the ground, ala MMA.

Also, HOLY SHIT @ that spinning backfist.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 10:41 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote