KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » UFC 129 Predictions and Discussion

WHO GETS THE WIN?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
RANDY 0 0%
MACHIDA 1 25.00%
GSP 1 25.00%
JAKE SHIELDS 1 25.00%
BEN HENDERSON 0 0%
MARK BOCEK 0 0%
NATE DIAZ 0 0%
RORY MCDONALD 0 0%
JOSE ALDO 1 25.00%
MARK HOMINICK 0 0%
Total: 4 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

UFC 129 Predictions and Discussion
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
What is Fitch better than Jake at, it definitely isn't grappling.

They faced each other in a grappling match and Shields subbed him, granted it was in 05, but I don't see what would change...Shields is still better.

Fitch is the equal of Shields on the ground, and he at least has some semblance of a stand up game. Fitch is just better all round.

Fitch also beat Shields in a grappling contest in '04 when he was only a white belt in BJJ. They are 1-1.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 10:42 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Fitch is the equal of Shields on the ground, and he at least has some semblance of a stand up game. Fitch is just better all round.

Fitch also beat Shields in a grappling contest in '04 when he was only a white belt in BJJ. They are 1-1.
He's his equal based on what?

And what was Shields, blue?

Shields has a better in and out of mma grappling resume.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 10:53 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Anyway, Shields via k1 striking resulting in a brutal KO in the 1st.

He's bringing that belt back home to Merica.

Deal with it.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 10:57 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Are you just rooting for your fellow countryman, or do you actually think that Shields doesn't have a legitimate shot? 15 straight victories is an objective measure to go by. Not many fighters can claim that.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2011 11:41 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Yo, Mindset...

(please log in to view the image)

Although I'll admit, that wasn't a very impressive performance.

Also, Randy...

sad

Old Post May 1st, 2011 04:21 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Did you really think I thought he was gonna win?

I just was hoping he'd beat Georges Snore Pierre.

Old Post May 1st, 2011 04:26 AM
Mindset

Old Post May 1st, 2011 04:32 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Old Post May 1st, 2011 04:32 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Look at him swagger jacking Silva.

Old Post May 1st, 2011 04:33 AM
Quiero Mota

I really liked Machida's Crane style Stepping Bird technique.

Who ever thought that The Natural would ever be knocked out by something like that...

Old Post May 1st, 2011 05:13 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I retract my statement about gsp's striking. That was a terrible fight. Gsp regressed or something. Wtf was wrong with Aldo? Or is hominick a better striker than people realized? Without the tds, aldo would have lost.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 1st, 2011 05:40 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindset
Because it's not science.

This is the same show that said GSP hits harder than Cain and Rampage and kicks harder than Shogun. Every time a new fighter is on the show they hit harder than the last.
I can't argue with you there. The few i've seen have followed that pattern.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 1st, 2011 05:48 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Maybe all this GSP v Anderson will stop now. GSP would get murdered.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 1st, 2011 02:29 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by long pig
I retract my statement about gsp's striking. That was a terrible fight. Gsp regressed or something. Wtf was wrong with Aldo? Or is hominick a better striker than people realized? Without the tds, aldo would have lost.

Too be fair GSP couldn't see out of his left eye for three and a half rounds. That is a pretty big handicap.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 1st, 2011 02:35 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Originally posted by long pig

Homnick certainly wouldt have won withou the TDs. Aldo had much more significant strikes on the feet and even knocked him down twice. He was also slipping and countering homnick very well with fanastic head movement for long stretches of the fight. However it was clear that after round 1, he was certainly not a his best, as he gassed heavily likely due to a bad weight cut coming off surgery. He is still a young fighter and so these things happen this early on in ones career. It seemed a lot like aldos takedown were done so he could rest on he floor, more han anything Rogan was simply seeing things, with all those claims of homnick outstriking aldo or what not, heck he was seeing things throughout the whole night with some heavily biased commentary.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post May 1st, 2011 02:49 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Too be fair GSP couldn't see out of his left eye for three and a half rounds. That is a pretty big handicap.
Shields should get credit for messing his eye up, that's part of the game. Although I heard it was a eye poke that messed his eye up rather than a punch. If that's true then hats off to GSP for still winning with one eye.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 1st, 2011 02:57 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Sad that GSP didn't finished Shields. Also, Shields has stop the strike of round winning of the champ.

Still GSP remain the greatest WW in the world. I'd love to see him fight Diaz and give a rematch to Fitch before, if he has to do it, moving against Silva

Old Post May 1st, 2011 04:19 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Angel

My oh my. GSP striking is so good he can't even finish Shields. But this is no big news though, he never steps him for a punch, he always throws punches from the security of the distance, afraid from trading, how can he KO anyone?

Well, Shields showed that UFC's WW division is weak (he did better then anyone else against GSP) and that Nick Diaz maybe much more dangerous then we thought for GSP. In fact, right now I don't see how will GSP win against Diaz. If Diaz finishes Daley in the 1st round and GSP can't even damage Shields, who will he endure Diaz striking? Besides Diaz BJJ will be on Shields' level so I guess he will also avoid the ground as he did with Shields. Another boring decision via takedown is his only chance.

As for Aldo, I don't know what happened but he was gassed for most of the fight. Bad weight cut? Even though he clearly won the fight, both in striking (look at Hominick's face) or the rest of the fight.

The rest was a great overall card.

And Lyoto "The Karate Kid" Machida finishes Couture with a Crane Kick.

Mr Miyagi would be proud.

Old Post May 1st, 2011 04:50 PM
Darth Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Sad that GSP didn't finished Shields. Also, Shields has stop the strike of round winning of the champ.

Still GSP remain the greatest WW in the world. I'd love to see him fight Diaz and give a rematch to Fitch before, if he has to do it, moving against Silva
GSP is never going to fight Silva.

Old Post May 1st, 2011 05:05 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Kampmann should have had this title shot! He would have actually had a good chance of winning. He got robbed by the Shields decision and raped by the Diego decision.

And Mindset, great avatar!

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post May 1st, 2011 07:12 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote