KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » UFC 129 Predictions and Discussion

WHO GETS THE WIN?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
RANDY 0 0%
MACHIDA 1 25.00%
GSP 1 25.00%
JAKE SHIELDS 1 25.00%
BEN HENDERSON 0 0%
MARK BOCEK 0 0%
NATE DIAZ 0 0%
RORY MCDONALD 0 0%
JOSE ALDO 1 25.00%
MARK HOMINICK 0 0%
Total: 4 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

UFC 129 Predictions and Discussion
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
Kampmann should have had this title shot! He would have actually had a good chance of winning. He got robbed by the Shields decision and raped by the Diego decision.

And Mindset, great avatar!

I think whoever wins the Condit / Dong Hyun Kim fight should have the next shot at GSP.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 2nd, 2011 08:32 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by Naija boy
Homnick certainly wouldt have won withou the TDs. Aldo had much more significant strikes on the feet and even knocked him down twice. He was also slipping and countering homnick very well with fanastic head movement for long stretches of the fight. However it was clear that after round 1, he was certainly not a his best, as he gassed heavily likely due to a bad weight cut coming off surgery. He is still a young fighter and so these things happen this early on in ones career. It seemed a lot like aldos takedown were done so he could rest on he floor, more han anything Rogan was simply seeing things, with all those claims of homnick outstriking aldo or what not, heck he was seeing things throughout the whole night with some heavily biased commentary.

I'm new here but I just gotta say thank you! I was wondering what joe was watching that whole fight. Aldo was showcasing some sick head movement and dropped Homnick twice. I didn't hear joe comment on much of that. Made it sound as if homnick was lighting him up on the feet when I thought aldo was better(more damaging shots).

Old Post May 3rd, 2011 09:23 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Naija boy
Homnick certainly wouldt have won withou the TDs. Aldo had much more significant strikes on the feet and even knocked him down twice. He was also slipping and countering homnick very well with fanastic head movement for long stretches of the fight. However it was clear that after round 1, he was certainly not a his best, as he gassed heavily likely due to a bad we a young fighter and so these things happen this early on in ones career. It seemed a lot like aldos takedown were done so he could rest on he floor, more han anything Rogthings, with ims of homnick outstriking aldo or what not, heck he was seeing things throughout the whole night with some heavily biased commentary.
I disagree totally. Aldo Did good on the feet the first round, but after that he started getting hit. Aldo hits harder, but Hominick hits more. If it would have stayed on the feet, he would have eventually out pointed him. He turned into a wrestler for a reason.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 4th, 2011 08:36 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

And GSP would smash Silva.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 4th, 2011 08:40 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Originally posted by long pig
I disagree totally. Aldo Did good on the feet the first round, but after that he started getting hit. Aldo hits harder, but Hominick hits more. If it would have stayed on the feet, he would have eventually out pointed him. He turned into a wrestler for a reason.

After the first round Aldo did get tired, and that was certainly his best round but he did win the standup exchanges throughout most of the fight. Aldo and homnick were virtually even in strikes landed on the feet with the only difference being that aldo landed the far more devastating strikes. In no world of boxing would that translate to homnick outpointing him. He was freaking knocked down twice. Aldo turned to a wrestler in order to vary his attack and also seemingly rest since he was clearly gassing. That does not take away from the fact that we clearly saw that aldo was the one doing the damage and having a greater impact on the feet.

Rogans nonsensical commentary doesnt change that.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post May 4th, 2011 09:09 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

That's the way I saw it. Homnick landed more strikes after round 1, but after that first round I didn't feel aldo was in danger at all. He was packing the power in his strikes. I only got worried at the end when he gave up that takedown and started getting blasted.

Old Post May 4th, 2011 09:43 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote