KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Great Competition

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Great Competition
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

1-2 means the fiery priests go first.

Melis recovers from your opening blow with a far more vicious onslaught. He manages to carve a groove along your arm for 8 damage with a high roll.

You manage a single 4 with your Feint tap, but your blow is less impressive overall. You feint again before snapping a punch into Melis' side for 6 damage.

Thoros performs a strike that Xorn narrowly avoids, the burning sword actually catching in his clothing in its pass. He takes 7 damage from the powerful swing.

Triple 6s from Xorn is a repeated 5 damage on Thoros.

----

TEAM MELEE (Round 1), Start of Turn 3

Arena of Muddy Death

Xavier (C9): 2(1A)/45 [MA FT DW] [SF AS FB] (5F)

Xorn (C8): 3(1A)/13 [MA FA DU] (7F)

Thoros (C8): 3/10 [PA DU]

Melis (C10): 2(1A)/12 [AS DW]

----

Old Post Jan 25th, 2013 08:31 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier will bring in SF this turn and tap DW as well as MA.

Attempting a master dodge from the fiery sword Xavier will attempt to grab the sword hand and flip the combatant over hopefully disarming him in the process.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 25th, 2013 12:37 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

2-4, initiative remains theirs.

Melis continues his wild swings. You have seen Jedi use such a style, but his lacks the coordination that the Force brings. Tapping Dodge & Weave reduces his dice pool down to 4, and you put effort into evading his every swipe. He rolls no successes.

You respond with a flurry of nerve strikes that put him on the backstep! 11 dice shows 5 successes, and an extra for his use of Assault. With Street Fighting in, you ignore his point of Armor and hit hard for 10 damage even.

Xorn weathers another slap from the burning hot flat of Thoros' blade, for 6 damage. However, Xorn twists out of the way of Thoros' real cutting blow and snaps an incredibly powerful kick into the priest's chest that sends him flying backwards.

He deals 9 damage with a Flying Attack tap.

----

TEAM MELEE (Round 1), Start of Turn 4

Arena of Muddy Death

Xavier (C9): 1/45 [MA DW SF] [AS FB FT] (5F)

Xorn (C8): 3(1A)/19 [MA FA DU] (7F)

Thoros (C8): 3/19 [PA DU]

Melis (C10): 2(1A)/22 [AS DW]

----

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 07:39 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Swap out DW for FB.

This turn I will tap FB.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 08:05 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

(I would probably bring in Assault, Xavier, and then Focused Blow so you can repeatedly stun your opponent!)

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 03:14 AM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Okay.

I bring in AS instead of FB and attack my opponent.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 01:23 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Sound advice! Let's see how that works out.

2-6... things are staying with the enemy, here.

Melis only rolls three successes for 6 damage! He leaves a light cut on your chest. That could have been worse.

You respond with a solid punch that sends Melis sprawling, and he has to recover. 8 damage.

Xorn taps Duck to evade a powerful slash from Thoros that would have opened his chest up, then gives a weak 4 damage to the monk.

----

TEAM MELEE (Round 1), Start of Turn 4

Arena of Muddy Death

Xavier (C11): 1/45 [MA AS SF] [AS FB FT] (5F)

Xorn (C8): 3(1A)/19 [MA DU] (7F)

Thoros (C8): 3/23 [PA DU]

Melis (C10): 2(1A)/30 [AS DW]

----

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 05:58 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

This time I bring in FB for MA and attack him again hoping to stun him while bringing two hammer fists to the side of his head.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 06:17 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You are just not having luck on Initiative... however, it is a Refresh! Choose your two schticks.

Melis gets in a much deeper cut this time, rolling six successes for 9 damage, his sword biting into your thigh.

You respond in kind with six successes for 9 damage as well! Except this time you roll two 6s and, with Focused Blow, Melis is Stun. You box his ears and he reels from the impact.

Xorn takes a hit to his shoulder for 6 damage, then deals back 5 by socking Thoros in the face.

----

TEAM MELEE (Round 1), Start of Turn 6

Arena of Muddy Death

Xavier (C11): 1/60 [FB AS SF] [AS FB FT] (5F)

Xorn (C8): 1(1A)/25 [MA] (7F)

Thoros (C8): 3/28 [PA DU]

Melis (C10): 2(1A)/39 [AS DW] (Stunned)

----

"Hurry up, over there!" Xorn growls at you.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 06:23 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I'm to refresh DW and MA.

I'm going to swap in with MA for SF.

I'm then going to Tap everything this turn in one massive attack of death.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 07:01 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Just in time for you to get Initiative!

Xavier goes into overdrive and throws everything he has into a tremendous strike, hitting something vital in Melis' chest and sending him to the ground with 14 damage. He gives a feeble response as you tower over him, scratching your shin for 5 damage.

He remains Stunned since you rolled a great many 6s on that last attack.

Xorn continues his dance with Thoros, rolling better but hitting lighter. Three successes is 5 damage, while Thoros rolls a single success for 5 damage.

----

TEAM MELEE (Round 1), Start of Turn 7

Arena of Muddy Death

Xavier (C7): 1/65 [FB AS MA] [FT DW SF] (5F)

Xorn (C8): 3(1A)/30 [MA DU] (7F)

Thoros (C8): 3/33 [PA DU]

Melis (C10): 2(1A)/53 [AS DW] (Stunned)

----

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 07:13 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Boom baby!

Xavier will bring in DW this turn for MA.

He then lifts his foot and stomps on the dazed Melis' head.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 07:16 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Do you intend to kill him?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 07:25 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

My guy will just knock him out if possible for now.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 07:28 PM
REXXXX
Networking

6-5 puts initiative with you, so you try to knock him out before he can recover. Three successes is all good, but with your reduced pool and damage, it is not enough to take him out!

Fortunately, he yields to avoid you beating him further. With a final kick to the face, he sputters 'Uncle, uncle!' while clutching his nose and dropping his sword.

Xorn is pulling the stops now that you've been freed up. He taps Martial Artist to land a blow for 8 damage on Thoros, which is nearly matched by a hard swipe from Thoros for 5 that cuts into Xorn's light leather armor.

----

TEAM MELEE (Round 1), Start of Turn 8

Arena of Muddy Death

Xavier (C7): 1/65 [FB AS MA] [FT DW SF] (5F)

Xorn (C6): 3(1A)/35 [MA DU] (7F)

Thoros (C8): 3/41 [PA DU]

Melis: XXX

----

Xavier... the desire to finish off Melis is strong. You need to make a Willpower check to resist killing him. You can pass automatically with a Force point.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2013 03:41 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier will make a willpower check.

He then brings in DW and goes to Help Xorn out by attacking Thoros

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 24th, 2013 03:05 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Oops! DW is already in. What do you want to swap SF in for?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2013 07:22 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I will swap it in for MA

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 24th, 2013 07:30 PM
REXXXX
Networking

In which case, there is a pretty decisive crunch when you stomp on Melis' head, having failed the Willpower check (no successes rolled). The crowd goes wild! They weren't expecting a fatality from you.

The voice in your head is cackling.

Xorn has to tap Duck to avoid a murderous chop from Thoros, his hit in return only a light slap for 2 damage.

----

TEAM MELEE (Round 1), Start of Turn 9

Arena of Muddy Death

Xavier (C7): 2(1A)/65 [DW SF FB] [FT AS MA] (5F)

Xorn (C6): 1(1A)/35 [DU] (7F)

Thoros (C8): 3/43 [PA DU]

----

"What are you doing?!" Xorn shouts. "Stop wasting time and help me!"

Old Post Feb 24th, 2013 07:37 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier becomes visibly frustrated with the voice cackling. He thought he would have the willpower to resist.

He loathes the crowd for cheering him on for such a savage action.

HE tries to push it down but hears Xorn's cries for help. He charges at Thoros not yet completely drained of his anger.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 24th, 2013 07:44 PM