KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Great Competition

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Great Competition
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Samurai4Hire
Zombie Response Team

Awesome this is cool. but how did Intimidate and charisma come to play?

"Krylor" Ihe said impatirntly, holding his hand out for the intry ballot.

Old Post May 19th, 2011 10:59 AM
Samurai4Hire is currently offline Click here to Send Samurai4Hire a Private Message Find more posts by Samurai4Hire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I'll explain.

When you want to get something important done, you usually use a skill to do it. In this case, you wanted to bully your way to the front of the line. The proper skill for bullying would be Intimidation (in which you have a skill of 3). Skills then combine with an appropriate stat. For bullying, you are using your presence and personality, so Charisma (in which you have a 4) works just fine.

And then, of course, the power Presence giving you a stronger presence thanks to the Force.

Does that make sense?

Additionally, this system focuses more on the movies' depiction of the Force being a subtle tool rather than something flashy, used in moments of importance. Especially since you are not an all-powerful Sith Lord.

-

"Stand still," says the official. One of the thugs comes forward with a scanner and starts waving it around you. The same happens to Pulsar.

Old Post May 19th, 2011 11:47 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Samurai4Hire
Zombie Response Team

"what are you doing" Krylor asked unsetled at being scanned.

Old Post May 20th, 2011 10:01 AM
Samurai4Hire is currently offline Click here to Send Samurai4Hire a Private Message Find more posts by Samurai4Hire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"Checking for weapons," says the official.

"You don't need to check for weapons," Tiglath says, waving his hand at the official.

"I..." says the official, suddenly confused. "I don't need to check for weapons. Stop the scan."

The thug looks puzzled, but does as he's told.

Old Post May 20th, 2011 10:37 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Samurai4Hire
Zombie Response Team

:::you have to give me more to work with sometimesplease Sir::::

Turning to Tiglath Krylor says "Do you have a clue as to what we stand to make on this and will i have to kill anybody?" he said with a smirk. He ,of course, was no strangwer to killing and if he had the slitest excuse he would..... accept for children; Krylor still had a sense of honor even being on the Dark side and there was no honor in killing a helpless welp. Krylor continued "You know i need an expensive repair for my XD 40 heavy repeator blaster and its been a while since i have thrown any bones Bryns way" he said turning back to see what was going on with getting in this event.

Old Post May 20th, 2011 02:23 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The official waves you through with a Competition passport- a small red data-card with your information that you need to present whenever you enter a Competition.

"Thousands of credits," Tiglath says. "And certainly! We'll get your blaster repaired, we'll pay off Bryn, we'll do whatever you like with the winnings! So long as you MAKE winnings, that is. It's all up to you how much we make.

"And no, I don't think killing anyone will be necessary," Tiglath says, shaking his head. "But we'll see. That could always change at any moment. Never forget that. If we're found out, we'll probably have to carve our way out of here, if you know what I mean."

-

Out of curiosity, what sorts of weapons does Krylor carry on his person? Having Both Guns Blazing and Twin Weapons, I imagine he likes to have two of everything.

Old Post May 20th, 2011 05:03 PM
Samurai4Hire
Zombie Response Team

Yes i would think 2 pistols and 2 light sabers what else can i have?

Old Post May 20th, 2011 06:40 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Melee weapons, like swords or knives or axes.

For the pistols, did you want them to be Light or Heavy? When paired with Both Guns Blazing, both types do high damage, but Light pistols get a +3 dice bonus.

And what color are your sabers?

Old Post May 20th, 2011 07:50 PM
Samurai4Hire
Zombie Response Team

if light pistols get a +3 whats the advantage of heavy pistols? LS are red

Old Post May 21st, 2011 10:19 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Higher damage. With Both Guns Blazing, it may simply be a matter of style.

Old Post May 21st, 2011 10:28 AM
Samurai4Hire
Zombie Response Team

so lets see....would Han Solo and Jango Fett both have light blasters? because thats the sort im talking about

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 09:16 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Jango does use light pistols! But Han Solo uses a heavy blaster.

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 02:47 AM
Samurai4Hire
Zombie Response Team

Cool then I have Heavy Blasters and wrist harpoon thing like the Fetts...... so lets get back to the game

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 09:34 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Afraid that's a no-go on the wrist harpoon. As far as the Rules are concerned, those fall under Devices, things that must be bought with xp.

But Heavy Pistols it is!

-

Having been waved through with your passes, you enter the Main Walk! It is a great pathway through the center of the Competition grounds where there a great many festive booths and a lot of people milling about.

There are also signs pointing you toward different areas:

GUN GAMES

MELEE COMPETITIONS

PHYSICAL TRIALS

KNOWLEDGE CHALLENGES

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 09:55 AM
Samurai4Hire
Zombie Response Team

Krylor noticing the event signs decides to go towards knowledge chalenge

~I guess i need to get the hard one out of the way first. Im going to have to BS my way through this~ He thought hoping it would just be easy stuff like shooting or fighting.

"Tiglath Im going to the Q&A part first. You better have a way to feed me the answers i dont know, we cant Force Will the intire Stadium" Krylor says lifting up his Data card to go through.

Old Post May 23rd, 2011 02:45 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Um, I'm not sure I do..." Tiglath says.

The Knowledge Challenges are actually a single event, but apparently a very large one! There is a tremendous stage set up that has drawn quite an audience as people wait for the show to begin.

There is a booth where interested contestants sign up, so you go there. A short man in a green suit is taking applications.

"Think you have brains enough to do this?" he asks, smiling widely.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 09:34 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Meanwhile, elsewhere...

The New Beginning

It has been a few months since your fall to the Dark Side, Xavier. While the deeds you committed to attain that status hang heavy over your head... you have never felt stronger in your life. The Force flows through you more easily as darker emotions feed its power.

You have received some coaching from Xorn Elias- the Dark Jedi that follows you around. Mostly you have figured it out for yourself. There is some disappointment in that you have not gained any newfound abilities. Nor are you comfortable unleashing your emotions, yet.

That voice in your head certainly wishes you would.

Today, you are going nowhere in particular. The New Beginning is in need of fuel; you haven't docked anywhere recently as you are trying to avoid any port where you might be recognized. Your knowledge of the Outer Rim is limited, as is Xorn's, as is Trax's. Trax was not well-traveled, and your experience is largely limited to the Republic. You don't dare step back into it. Not yet.

You are aboard your ship, relaxing.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 02:07 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier sits in his room trying to meditate. He has been trying to hold unto the last remnants of his Jedi ways.

It is a fool's errand Xavier you are fallen and you must learn to accept this

"Not yet," Xavier coldly says in reply.

Not finding peace in the comfort of his room he goes and talks to Trax.

"How is it going my friend?" Xavier asks in a calm voice.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 11:34 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Trax is in the engine room. He looks up from a series of coolant pipes when you enter, wearing a pair of protective goggles. The circular goggles look funny on his green, pruned face.

"Hello Xavier," he says curtly.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 06:10 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

"How's everything looking here," Xavier says while looking over some panels.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 06:41 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote