KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » What order do you watch Star Wars?

What order do you watch Star Wars?
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Yeah, she's not a very great actress. I loved her in Black Swan though: well cast.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 08:59 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

Serious response:

Machete order.

4, 5, 2, 3, 6

Old Post Feb 5th, 2013 05:48 AM
Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 7th, 2013 06:07 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

What's so funny, Queeq?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 04:03 AM
Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Machete order... I hadn't heard that one before... hehehe

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 07:49 AM
KyleAP

if you go 1-6 you lose that shock element of that famous twist in empire strikes back, and the emotion of anakin's redemption in ROJ.
I don't watch the prequels anymore, cause to me they are not Star Wars.
I can see that 1-6 is a tried effort to show anakin's childhood to his death, but he was written badly in the prequel films as a so called "good guy" that i don't really care about him.
I'd watch just 4-6

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2013 09:29 AM
Click here to Send KyleAP a Private Message Find more posts by KyleAP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KyleAP
I don't watch the prequels anymore, cause to me they are not Star Wars.
thumb up

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2013 06:21 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Han
Restricted

Account Restricted

Somewhat off topic, what if we never learned in the OT that Vader was actually Anakin Skywalker? So when Lucas makes the prequels, we're all excited to see Vader fall and kill Anakin, and are initially dumbfounded that we see Anakin but nobody named "Vader". Then cue the plot twist as Sidious stands over Anakin and dubs him Vader.

Or maybe not.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 12:23 AM
Click here to Send Master Han a Private Message Find more posts by Master Han Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It would have been lackluster. If we went in to the first movie expecting to see a 'Vader' and 'Anakin' as two Jedi, and we never even heard a mention of the first, everybody would have guessed the truth by the third film. And it would have gone down as one of the worst built-up twists in cinematic history.

Now if it was a Usual Suspects or Fight Club kind of dealie, then that'd be great. Really add a great deal of depth to Vader's otherwise straightforward character. Imagine watching the originals again after learning that Vader was a paranoid schizophrenic who turned his own alter ego to the dark side. That officially wouldn't be Star Wars anymore, no matter how many lightsabers he hit himself with. And I'd be super okay with that.

Last edited by Lord Lucien on Sep 3rd, 2013 at 01:22 AM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 01:17 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

the biggest stupidity of the PT was the handling of palpatine/sidious. it was f'n obvious even to the uninitiated that palps was the sith lord and could have been a fun character to watch if the reveal was given to the audience early on. instead, GL did a secondary character reveal in act THREE.

and yes. palpatine pre-sidious-reveal was absolutely a secondary character

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Last edited by focus4chumps on Sep 3rd, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 12:10 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kickballjedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ~JP~
And I could have sworn we already had this thread. confused

Yeah Deja Vu. As I said the last time, I think the best way to watch the series is 1,2,3,4,5,6. Yes, 4 is dated, but you see how run down the galaxy is since the Empire took over. You progress from elegant chrome ships in Episode 2 to bland black and white craft in episodes 4,5 and 6. You go from beautiful, colorful planets like Naboo and Corascant to barren, outer rim worlds like Hoth and Dagobah. Even Tatooine looks more run down and poverty stricken by 4. The dated special effects in the OT actually help the story to me.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 01:04 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

maybe roll a dice and decide what one

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2013 05:10 PM
Click here to Send Doctorwho? a Private Message Find more posts by Doctorwho? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote