KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Celebrate The Storm Month (Ororo Munroe's month: MAY)

Celebrate The Storm Month (Ororo Munroe's month: MAY)
Started by: RLAAMJR.

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

Celebrate The Storm Month (Ororo Munroe's month: MAY)

Ororo Munroe's first appearance in Giant-Sized X-Men #1 released on the month of May 1975, has made her one of Marvel Comics greatest and one of the most iconic characters in comics history.

And to show our admiration for her amazing powers, outstanding beauty, indomitable will and a loving heart, we celebrate the month of May as Storm Month

anyway, if you want a cool Storm wallpaper made by senshi88, here's for ya and you'll never regret it: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2...i88-d3epc1t.png

this is the image:

(please log in to view the image)

So let's start with how did you know Ororo Munroe?

Old Post May 18th, 2011 06:54 AM
RLAAMJR. is currently offline Click here to Send RLAAMJR. a Private Message Find more posts by RLAAMJR. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I can hear the crowd cheering.....not really.

Old Post May 18th, 2011 07:00 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
I can hear the crowd cheering.....not really.

Well there are a lot of Storm fans in comicvine and most especially, in comicbookresources. big grin

Old Post May 18th, 2011 07:14 AM
RLAAMJR. is currently offline Click here to Send RLAAMJR. a Private Message Find more posts by RLAAMJR. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Storm's a great character; It's just a shame writers have either shoehorned or just written her badly the last few years. Hopefully they get their act together...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 18th, 2011 03:53 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

Happy Storm month to all. big grin

Old Post May 20th, 2011 05:28 AM
StyleTime

I think Storm is awesome, but I had no idea there was a Storm Month.

Also, I agree with what Pr said.

Old Post May 20th, 2011 11:00 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I love you Storm!

Old Post May 21st, 2011 03:07 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

Originally posted by the ninjak
I love you Storm!

More good news.

Storm has a cameo appearance in X-Men: First Class.

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post May 28th, 2011 05:59 AM
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

Happy Storm Month everyone!!!! big grin

The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month!

Best Storm site: http://storm-goddess.webs.com

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 09:41 AM
vansonbee
Isee

Storm has been conservative lately and her figure image in them, reminds me of a old granny.

Miss the free spirit Ororo (pre-married and locked down).

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 10:13 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Storm may get a month......But Thor gets a Day.

Happy Thursday everyone!

Last edited by the ninjak on May 2nd, 2012 at 05:21 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 05:15 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ingonyama
Gay X-Geek

Storm's my favorite of the X-Men, and has been since I first started watching the show in the 90s. Claremont's portrayal of her over his 1975-1991 run only made me love her that much more.

She's been through one of the strongest character arcs of anyone on the team, come in as a naive near-pacifist and matured into a peerless combatant and leader. Add in her phenomenal powers, even by X-Men standards, and her poise and demeanor, and you have a truly unique character.

I think she's awesome, and always have (except when the folks in charge of the X-Men movies decided to only have her around as a token minority). Hopefully after AvX, she'll get a comeback as one of the key X-Men, and bring her uniqueness back into the foreground again.

Old Post May 3rd, 2012 02:55 PM
Ingonyama is currently offline Click here to Send Ingonyama a Private Message Find more posts by Ingonyama Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

Originally posted by Ingonyama
Storm's my favorite of the X-Men, and has been since I first started watching the show in the 90s. Claremont's portrayal of her over his 1975-1991 run only made me love her that much more.

She's been through one of the strongest character arcs of anyone on the team, come in as a naive near-pacifist and matured into a peerless combatant and leader. Add in her phenomenal powers, even by X-Men standards, and her poise and demeanor, and you have a truly unique character.

I think she's awesome, and always have (except when the folks in charge of the X-Men movies decided to only have her around as a token minority). Hopefully after AvX, she'll get a comeback as one of the key X-Men, and bring her uniqueness back into the foreground again.
Couldn't have said it better myself! Nothing more to say.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post May 8th, 2012 03:29 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

Fellow Storm fans, to feel the Storm Month Celebration this May, I would need your cooperation if we could make this month special by using Storm images as your avatars (unless you already have a Storm avatar) even for just this month and then we can all go back or change it to whatever avatar you want to use after this month ends.

Whose with me on this? PLease... : )

Old Post May 18th, 2012 12:46 PM
The Big O
The Original O

I'd need to find a really good one cause I don't just up and change my avvy. I've had if for close to 4 years. But I do love Storm (my fantasy wife.)

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post May 18th, 2012 06:16 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

Originally posted by The Big O
I'd need to find a really good one cause I don't just up and change my avvy. I've had if for close to 4 years. But I do love Storm (my fantasy wife.)

check this link and scroll down. There are 3 Storm avy-sized images that you might like.

link: http://forums.comicbookresources.co...tion-VI/page166

Old Post May 19th, 2012 01:32 PM
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

Happy Storm Month everyone! : )

Old Post May 5th, 2013 09:29 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Is Storm a Taurean?

If so it makes absolute sense!

Old Post May 5th, 2013 06:38 PM
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

Happy Storm Month everyone! smile

Old Post May 20th, 2015 10:52 PM
dyajeep

wait... this is also a Nightcrawler month and a Colossus month as well... smile

and it also makes September a Professor X month, Magneto month, Cyclops month, Jean Grey month, Angel month, Beast month and Iceman month... smile

Old Post May 24th, 2015 11:23 PM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote