KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Kratos vs Thor...

Kratos vs Thor...
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Parmaniac
1. Kratos isn't a comic book character

2. The Kratos from the Comics never did anything that's even semi impressive AFAIK.

3. Zeus in GoW is vastly inferior to (for example) Marvels Zeus

4. Even by using Game Kratos, Thor easily exceeds everything he did.

5. Kratos is still badass though.

1. Kratos does have his own book now.

2. That more a matter of opinion than fact.

3. Zeus up until the events of GOW has EXACTLY the same backstory and powerset as Marvel Zeus.

4. That remains to be seen, until Kratos is resrrected and decides to take on the Norse pantheon.

5. I concur

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 08:16 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Originally posted by Sin I AM
3. Zeus up until the events of GOW has EXACTLY the same backstory and powerset as Marvel Zeus.

4. That remains to be seen, until Kratos is resrrected and decides to take on the Norse pantheon.
You make the mistake and think only because the backstory is the same their feats are aswell, which isn't the case. Going by your logic I could claim that someone who defeats MArvel Ares also defeats DC Ares.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 08:19 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Parmaniac
You make the mistake and think only because the backstory is the same their feats are aswell, which isn't the case. Going by your logic I could claim that someone who defeats MArvel Ares also defeats DC Ares.

i see where your going with this but your splitting hairs, did not Ares give up a portion of his godly essence to be normal...and thats y he's so weak

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 08:23 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

The gods in the GOW universe aren't like the gods in comics. They are way more vulnerable in the GOW universe. For example, EMO Supes could punch a hole right through GOW Cronus, or Hades or Poseidon.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 08:37 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Thor.

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 08:50 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Allankles
The gods in the GOW universe aren't like the gods in comics. They are way more vulnerable in the GOW universe. For example, EMO Supes could punch a hole right through GOW Cronus, or Hades or Poseidon.

so they cant be killed, by "godly" weapons?

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 08:51 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

All of those gow gods are bricks with high meta durability. If they were like comic gods would a brick like Kratos - who is high meta at best with regards to durability - be a problem to them? Do you see a guy like Kratos toppling any of the comic pantheons?

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 08:57 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

All of those gow gods are bricks with high meta durability. If they were like comic gods would a brick like Kratos - who is high meta at best with regards to durability - be a problem to them? Do you see a guy like Kratos toppling any of the comic pantheons?

lol have u ever read a comic before?....u make it seem as if the average man cant hold the universe in his hands

Can Doom a (low-herald) not destroy the universe which is inhabited by Abstracts?

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 09:12 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

lol have u ever read a comic before?....u make it seem as if the average man cant hold the universe in his hands

Can Doom a (low-herald) not destroy the universe which is inhabited by Abstracts?

Last I checked Kratos isn't very bright, nor does he have the tools to topple a pantheon in the comics. A few magic enchantments and two magic swords wouldn't cut it, is what I'm saying. (I don't know why you're taking it beyond the context of GoW).

With the exception of Zeus (even Hades and Poseidon were bricks without their tools) most of the big guys in that pantheon were just bricks (the titans, the gods and demi gods).

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 09:18 PM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor.
And hard.

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 09:19 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

no he cant. Gow gods are invunerable to everything non godly/magical and can only be killed by zeus....

I have returned

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 09:23 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

also kratos isnt high meta, can a high meta resist a being who can lift the planet? hell no

I have returned

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 09:27 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
no he cant. Gow gods are invunerable to everything non godly/magical and can only be killed by zeus....

I guess you missed GOW 3. Poseiden's face got beaten to mush by Kratos fists. Gaea was hurt by giant crab claws. Kratos could physically rip apart divine and semi-divine beings with his bare hands. Don't know what gave you the impression that pure force couldn't harm them.

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 09:28 PM
Silent Master

So Superman wouldn't be able to kill them even if his power was multiplied by 7,000,000?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 09:28 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

1. Kratos does have his own book now.

2. That more a matter of opinion than fact.

5. I concur

thumb up

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 09:29 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

I guess you missed GOW 3. Poseiden's face got beaten to mush by Kratos fists. Gaea was hurt by giant crab claws. Kratos could physically rip apart divine and semi-divine beings with his bare hands. Don't know what gave you the impression that pure force couldn't harm them.
and all those people are gods....

I have returned

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 09:31 PM
TheLordofMurder

Kratos is a demi-god himself; he is Zeus's son...

So him beating other Gods to death with his bare hands is fair game...

smile

Last edited by TheLordofMurder on May 22nd, 2011 at 09:34 PM

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 09:32 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Last I checked Kratos isn't very bright, nor does he have the tools to topple a pantheon in the comics. A few magic enchantments and two magic swords wouldn't cut it, is what I'm saying. (I don't know why you're taking it beyond the context of GoW).

With the exception of Zeus (even Hades and Poseidon were bricks without their tools) most of the big guys in that pantheon were just bricks (the titans, the gods and demi gods).

have you read anything about the Mavel Greek pantheon? With the exception of Zeus (who is portrayed as a glorified brick IH# 122), what are they class 60 at best? limited energy projection, limited if not non existant energy manipulation with the exception of Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades...i mean do you honestly believe kratos would not have an issue destroying the entire marvel pantheon save Zeus?

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 09:32 PM
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

have you read anything about the Mavel Greek pantheon? With the exception of Zeus (who is portrayed as a glorified brick IH# 122), what are they class 60 at best? limited energy projection, limited if not non existant energy manipulation with the exception of Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades...i mean do you honestly believe kratos would not have an issue destroying the entire marvel pantheon save Zeus?
Apollo controls vast solar energy enough to destroy the planet and burn hulk
Hermes of marvel runs slightly under light speed, no way is GOW hermes is even remotely close to him.

I have returned

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 09:35 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

also kratos isnt high meta, can a high meta resist a being who can lift the planet? hell no

I'm not talking about his strength which is fairly impressive (I don't know where to rate his strength) but his durability is very clearly nowhere near the level of a top tier like Thor.

Stuff like giant stone pillars have killed him. He also can't afford the luxury of taking punishment from things like Cronus' palms or Poseidon's constructs, all of them forces that a character with the durability of a Thor could tank.

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 09:37 PM