KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DCU gets remade - all books are #1s, Geoff Johns and Jim Lee on Justice League, more

DCU gets remade - all books are #1s, Geoff Johns and Jim Lee on Justice League, more
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (367): « First ... « 363 364 [365] 366 367 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kevdude
Well who didn't see this coming? Another relaunch seems to be coming in June this year! Info from Bleeding Cool. I was hoping GL would make it to 100! Taking a trick out of Marvels book.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01...-a-filmtv-bent/

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 08:09 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Well who didn't see this coming? Another relaunch seems to be coming in June this year! Info from Bleeding Cool. I was hoping GL would make it to 100! Taking a trick out of Marvels book.
It will be glorious when I get my hands on the people at DC making these decisions.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 08:55 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

The reason DC's doing poorly is they keep on changing things up, so there's less reader loyalty! Speaking as not-a-fan of the nu52 stuff, what they need is consistency and investment in the universe, not another switchup. There's a reason why Marvel is doing much better, and that's there's much more of a wider universe one can follow, not books-that-change-everything-each-writer.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 09:05 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

It works for Marvel. This will only temporarily boost sales. Sucks, because a lot of DCYou was good.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2016 02:47 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

they are a bunch of pathetic idiots

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2016 03:35 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Zack M
It works for Marvel. This will only temporarily boost sales. Sucks, because a lot of DCYou was good.

Yea, they were improving the writing quality. What they really need is to take the good parts of that and expand it to the rest of the line.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 03:50 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

This shit is getting old. I wasn't very impressed with anything post Convergence, but still they don't need another reboot.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 05:22 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I don't think it's going to be a reboot, but a relaunch. Similar to what Marvel did a few months ago.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 05:35 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I suppose that's ok, as long as they don't bring forth a new continuity.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 08:11 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

DC needs to stick with one continuity, and focus exclusively on building that. The relaunches/reboots are absolutely absurd at this point.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 24th, 2016 at 08:19 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 08:16 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Galan007
DC needs to stick with one continuity, and focus exclusively on building that. The relaunches/reboots are absolutely absurd at this point.

thumb up

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 09:02 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I suppose that's ok, as long as they don't bring forth a new continuity.

I'm not sure what will happen, but in the latest JL solitcs, it states that the actions after Darkseid War will set the tone for the JL in 2016 and beyond. I doubt they'll reboot everything. Plus, there was that rumor of DC's flagship titles going bimonthly.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 09:46 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

If DC reboots again, I'll stop reading them at all. That includes merging pre with post Flashpoint.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 10:27 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ The only DC titles I read consistently these days are Green Lantern and Justice League. I've lost interest in pretty much everything else--and the reboots/relaunches are pretty much the sole reason.

...I can't even get behind any current Bat-books, ffs.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 01:31 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

You don't like Grayson? SMH. Snyder's Batman has been solid as well.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 02:11 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ SMH indeed.

As its name implies, "Grayson" is about Grayson. It isn't a Bat-book. And Snyder's Batman series stopped being good after issue #40.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 03:35 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

^ The only DC titles I read consistently these days are Green Lantern and Justice League. I've lost interest in pretty much everything else--and the reboots/relaunches are pretty much the sole reason.

...I can't even get behind any current Bat-books, ffs.
Everything Superman related is terrible, so I wouldn't recommend any of those. People are liking Superman: American Alien by Max Landis, but it's not really a good Superman book.

I liked Earth 2 somewhat before the relaunch, which is terrible.
Justice League seems to drag out a lot with this whole "Justice League are the new New Gods".
I'll get around to reading Martian Manhunter this week and get back on you with that.
But..yeah.
Sinestro I guess? Though I don't like the current storyline, either.
As for the rest, I really can't recommand any book. How sad is that?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 05:15 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

^ SMH indeed.

As its name implies, "Grayson" is about Grayson. It isn't a Bat-book. And Snyder's Batman series stopped being good after issue #40.

It still under the bat family and includes the Court of Owls now. Agree to disagree on Snyder's. Mr. Bloom has been an awesome villain.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 05:41 PM
Senor Cage

Looks like Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver will be involved.

quote:
@EthanVanSciver @DCComics @dandidio1 @JimLee It would not be #Rebirth without you, Ethan!
— Geoff Johns (@geoffjohns) January 25, 2016

DiDio got in on the fun, as well, asking the question undoubtedly on fans' minds:

@geoffjohns @EthanVanSciver @DCComics @JimLee does this mean you're both involved in this mystery project??????
— dan didio (@dandidio1) January 25, 2016

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 05:42 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote:
Originally posted by Phil
Everything Superman related is terrible, so I wouldn't recommend any of those. People are liking Superman: American Alien by Max Landis, but it's not really a good Superman book.

I liked Earth 2 somewhat before the relaunch, which is terrible.
Justice League seems to drag out a lot with this whole "Justice League are the new New Gods".
I'll get around to reading Martian Manhunter this week and get back on you with that.
But..yeah.
Sinestro I guess? Though I don't like the current storyline, either.
As for the rest, I really can't recommand any book. How sad is that?
I tried reading American Alien. Wasn't really a fan.

Tbh I'm only reading JL to see how the Darkseid/AM/CSA/Hero-Gods thing shakes out. I doubt very much that I'll continue reading after that arc has concluded.

Never checked out MM, but the artwork looked good at least. /shrug

Sinestro got dull for me. Green Lantern blows it out of the water, imo.

Very sad. I remember a time where I was reading several titles monthly because they were genuinely good. Nowadays DC has become a sad shade of what it was then.

Originally posted by Zack M
It still under the bat family and includes the Court of Owls now. Agree to disagree on Snyder's. Mr. Bloom has been an awesome villain.
When I said 'Bat-books' I meant series' that feature Batman as the primary protagonist. Grayson seemed good when I was reading it(I stopped following after issue #12), but it just didn't do it for me the way a good Batman title does.

Snyder's Batman run got lulz-worthy bad after issue #40, tbh. Up to that point it was fantastic, though... Should have stopped there instead of milking it.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 05:52 PM