KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DCU gets remade - all books are #1s, Geoff Johns and Jim Lee on Justice League, more

DCU gets remade - all books are #1s, Geoff Johns and Jim Lee on Justice League, more
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (367): « First ... « 364 365 [366] 367 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Grayson is probably the best bat related book out there. Aside from Gotham Academy. Both solid books.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 05:59 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Speaking of Batman, Marc Silvestri Batman book released during Rebirth.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01...stri-on-batman/

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 06:04 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Retailers complain about Marvel's and DC's collapsing sales.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01...l-and-dc-sales/

Another good article (Big Bang):

http://www.comicsbeat.com/are-we-se...of-the-big-two/

quote:
Comics +18.6%: This figure is rather misleading. Most of that increase was before the ongoing collapse of DC and Marvel’s rather mundane relaunch. Marvel is selling pretty much the same quantities as before the ANAD gimmick. Thank God for Star Wars or else Marvel would be looking only slightly better than DC. Creator owned books are slowly increasing but not fast enough to offset the management made disasters from DC and Marvel.

Graphic Novels +38.1%: Graphic Novels have exploded. I believe it is due to the treasure trove of creator owned properties being produced by the smaller publishers with Image leading the way. That coupled with the unprecedented amount of new readers of all types and genders makes 2016 look really exciting! Most of these new readers are not that interested in single issues. They want trades!

Manga +3.2%: Manga continues with a nice slow and steady comeback. That is what happens when publishers go for quality instead of quantity. Pay attention DC and Marvel. Fixing your companies really isn’t rocket science!

Old Post Jan 31st, 2016 12:58 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Surprised it's taken so long for people to get sick of the big two and start flocking to Indie companies... That's where the great reads have always been. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 31st, 2016 02:11 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Surprised it's taken so long for people to get sick of the big two and start flocking to Indie companies... That's where the great reads have always been. thumb up

Didn't I run into you in one of those India DL sites once ?
stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 31st, 2016 05:14 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Dunno... confused

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 31st, 2016 07:49 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Am I the only one who thinks that Grayson is an absolute shit book?

That's it's just gay/fangirl pandering with little to no substance?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 1st, 2016 10:30 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Originally posted by krisblaze

No, you are absolutely spot on. It is indeed an absolute **** book.

Most of Marvel and DC's output is garbage. The retailer comments on the link above about Marvel's loss of a house art style, lackluster, unfocused stories, people dropping their old regular titles etc. are right on the money.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2016 11:55 AM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
80sBaby
The Kid

Originally posted by krisblaze

You're probably not alone but, judging from what I've seen online, you're definitely in the minority.

Personally I love Grayson. I think it's a great showcase for Dick and isn't really pandering, as you think. Yeah they play up the fact that Dick is very attractive but that's been a running theme/gag since his Titans days (hell, he was a male model at one point.) It's no different than the jokes about Powergirl.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2016 02:37 PM
80sBaby is currently offline Click here to Send 80sBaby a Private Message Find more posts by 80sBaby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I personally find Grayson to be offensively bad, like mentioned above it seems to be solely for obese fan girls with pink hair and nose rings.

I miss DC right after they relaunched when they had good shit that was 'out of the norm' like Animal Man, Omac, Frankenstein and Swamp Thing and shit. Hell, I would even take a volume 2 of something goofy like Hawk and Dove just to shake stuff up a little.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 04:14 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Grayson isn't a shit book, but whatev.

Rumor has it, Tom King will be taking over Batman, while Snyder takes on Detective. Solid choice.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02...-weekly-writer/

The rumored canceled books.

quote:
Batman/Superman
Superman/Wonder Woman
Grayson
Starfire
Black Canary
Midnighter
Doctor Fate

Midnighter. sad

New rumored books:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02...-the-super-man/

Peter Tomasi takes over Superman.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02...uperman-writer/

A new JSA ongoing
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02...itle-to-launch/

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 06:59 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by Zack M
Peter Tomasi takes over Superman.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02...uperman-writer/
Goddammit.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 09:00 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Why dat bad? SJW shit?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 09:08 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Why dat bad? SJW shit?
He's the current Superman/Wonder Woman writer...

Diana carying Clark wedding style? That's him.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 09:16 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Lmao

Poor Superman. The one guy who should be above petty shit like that.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 09:19 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Pak, the best Superman writer baring Grant Morrison in the New 52 is also gone...

https://twitter.com/gregpak/status/694544411787710464

I swear to god they're doing this on purpose.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 09:32 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You liked Pak that much?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 10:15 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by -Pr-
You liked Pak that much?
Yeah, the time he got to write the character without crossover interference, I though was really good. The storylines weren't that interesting with the underground people and stuff, but the character itself I liked.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 10:21 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I'm just glad that grayson should return as Nightwing....

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 10:45 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by basilisk

Most of Marvel and DC's output is garbage..

Disagree there in regards to Marvel

buy hey each to their own.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 12:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote