KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DCU gets remade - all books are #1s, Geoff Johns and Jim Lee on Justice League, more

DCU gets remade - all books are #1s, Geoff Johns and Jim Lee on Justice League, more
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (367): « First ... « 365 366 [367]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote:
Originally posted by Phil
Pak, the best Superman writer baring Grant Morrison in the New 52 is also gone...
Pak's run on Action fizzled out after the Convergence reboot BS, imo. Prior to that, however, it was fantastic. Tbh, I actually enjoyed his pre-Convergence issues(#25-40) more than Morrison's run overall... Which still shocks the hell out of me.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 01:40 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

The whole Superman depowered thing kinda held down Yang and Pak both. They should be telling real Superman stories instead of this.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 03:26 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Luckily Tomasi is on board to take over, and he's awesome. His GLC and Batman & Robin are top notch.

Johns gets all the credit for GL's rebirth, [not the mini, but overall resurgence], and perhaps rightfully so, but having Tomasi absolutely acing the other book through the entire run, even all the mandated crossovers into his stories helped out a lot.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 03:29 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by basilisk
Most of Marvel and DC's output is garbage. The retailer comments on the link above about Marvel's loss of a house art style, lackluster, unfocused stories, people dropping their old regular titles etc. are right on the money.

Agreed. The only comics I bother reading anymore are Justice League and all the Star Wars titles. Everything else is so terrible I wouldn't even bother torrenting any, let alone buy any.

Last edited by ares834 on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 04:10 AM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 04:05 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
80sBaby
The Kid

I'm reading more from Marvel and DC now than I was a few years ago. ANAD has a bunch of titles I enjoy, especially.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 11:47 AM
80sBaby is currently offline Click here to Send 80sBaby a Private Message Find more posts by 80sBaby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by basilisk

Most of Marvel and DC's output is garbage. The retailer comments on the link above about Marvel's loss of a house art style, lackluster, unfocused stories, people dropping their old regular titles etc. are right on the money.

Interesting on Marvel- DC's problems are no shock, but Marvel had been on a pretty steady upswing before now. The art bit is especially interesting. My view on Marvel writing is better... but I do think the lack of attention on X-men, a traditional best seller, has hurt (how they handled the end of the 'revolutionary Cyclops' plot was weeeeeak), trying to push inhumans as a mutant replacement is reaaaally risky, and IMO not a good move.

I think their delays during Secret Wars didn't help either.

Originally posted by Galan007
Surprised it's taken so long for people to get sick of the big two and start flocking to Indie companies... That's where the great reads have always been. thumb up

It helps that there's more of them, there's always been good indy but not always a good *variety* of good indy. Even now, the big 2's output makes up the bulk of available titles.

And if one likes positive heroic action, the Big 2 are still the main place to be.

Last edited by Q99 on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 03:51 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 03:48 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

I think the in-house art style is very important. The retailers are saying people are complaining and I'm not surprised. People reading Marvel expected a certain standard - these days when I look at half the stuff from Marvel the art alone is enough to put me off reading it. Even if the stories are fantastic (and let's face it, even the better stuff isn't) the art would stop me from buying it. I just don't want it. It used to be a few titles here and there, now it seems to be a good portion of their line.

And the stories are unfocused a lot of the time. Too many plot devices, silly unbelievable or just plain nonsensical resolutions, anticlimaxes, inconsistencies, poor attention to character history, dumb feats, too much pushing of lame characters because diversity, characters that are all just way too overpowered, universes being destroyed and recreated all the time... it goes on.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 12:23 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I think it's fine to have some books in different styles- Squirrel Girl shouldn't change- but consistency does help.

And Marvel's strength over the last decade has been it's planning story to story, loosening on that is an issue.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 02:04 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Valiant ftw.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 04:51 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote