KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DCU gets remade - all books are #1s, Geoff Johns and Jim Lee on Justice League, more

DCU gets remade - all books are #1s, Geoff Johns and Jim Lee on Justice League, more
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (367): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

If anything, this will be a younger Clark - and DCU - so he won't be married to Lois.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 07:39 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Hero Class

Superman is too good for Diana, as stupid as it sounds.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 07:41 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Yeah, one of the links mentioned Superman/WW being an item or some such.

'bout f*cking time.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied – chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 07:44 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I'm going to get shit for this, but...

I like Lois/Clark, lol. When writers give a damn, they can write a good, strong, Lois that doesn't come off as some kind of trick all the time.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 07:52 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Hmmm, the JLA picture leads me to believe Jonn is being cut out of the JLA's big 7 in favour of a dirty nig...Cyborg.

So, where should I start my trail of slaughter and despair?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 08:07 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

For all we know, they could possibly kill off J'onn or not even introduce him, period.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 08:09 AM
Zack M

Or they can introduce him later! They already announced that there will be more team members. Even some new character from Flashpoint. You guys need to stop overreacting.

BTW, is anyone interested in the Edge books? I'm betting Secret 7, Swamp Thing, Constantine, and or Frankenstein.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 08:13 AM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by ares834
SUPERMAN WRITTEN BT GRANT MORRISON MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!!!
quote:
Included in the 52 series will be:

* A new title starring Superman written by Grant Morrison.
*masturbates furiously*

(please log in to view the image)

Full Justice League pic:

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Philosophía on Jun 1st, 2011 at 08:59 AM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 08:56 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Not pictured: Green Lantern's freakin' ring....

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 11:19 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

I am totally behind DC on this move. thumb up

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 11:42 AM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I'm going to get shit for this, but...

I like Lois/Clark, lol. When writers give a damn, they can write a good, strong, Lois that doesn't come off as some kind of trick all the time.

and that's fine. they just don't do it often enough, so f*ck them.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied – chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 12:16 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

So this'll be the what, fourth reboot for the Legion since the mid 1990's?

Eh, while Morrison on Superman will likely be good, and Johns will probably improve JLA, you'd think it would be easier for them to just hire writers who can write good stories rather than reboot every title...

I mean, all the development Morrison has done with Batman will just be gone? Eh it seems like someone has looked at the DCU and decided because a renumbering/restructuring of JLA/Supes will work, it's best to do it to every title, rather than just hiring decent writers.

Also I bet freaking Barry will be the Flash on the JLA and Wally will be sidelined, simple because it's Johns writing. Which is massively lame.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 12:40 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

From my point of view this whole deal is a desperate act. No amount of spin for any positives, which there are of course, nothing changes the fact that DC has to keep upending everything over and over.

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 01:00 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by starlock
From my point of view this whole deal is a desperate act. No amount of spin for any positives, which there are of course, nothing changes the fact that DC has to keep upending everything over and over.

They really haven't in a long time, but... yea, this still smells like a desperation move.

They shouldn't be desperate enough to try it I would think but apparently the current people in charge don't have a better idea of what to do.

quote:
Bentley
Superman is too good for Diana, as stupid as it sounds.

I disagree with that reason, but I also don't think they work well together as an item. There's not much to link them other than "they're both super-powerful," and also you don't want either of them playing second fiddle to the other for a variety of thematic reasons.

Finally, when they're together in Elseworlds, it's usually really boring.

Their friend chemistry surpasses their romance chemistry by far.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 02:01 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Kurt Busiek described it accurately.

quote:
DC pre-Silver Age: 18 years or so. The Earth-One Era: 29 years? Post-Crisis: 25 years, shaky toward the end. And now...a new era. Let's see.

I'm willing to see before I judge, but I think that the JLA, Superman and Batman (the first two being two titles that were in dire need of quality) are in a very good place.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 02:06 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Sounds dumb.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 02:36 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jason Todd

Originally posted by Scythe
Not pictured: Green Lantern's freakin' ring....

after you said that i looked and you are correct. that's very worry some to me. he better still have a ring.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 02:41 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
Time Master

Morrison writing Superman: you know that's going to be good.

Still doesn't justify 'youthing' the entire company just for the lulz... But at least I'll have a light at the end of a very dark tunnel. /shrug

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 03:13 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Hero Class

Originally posted by Q99
I disagree with that reason, but I also don't think they work well together as an item.

I'm just saying Kal my be the only character in comics from this side of Jesse Custer who is actually capable of "true love", Diana has not that much relationship value.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 03:53 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Sounds like it could be a good idea with some good stories.

I unfortunately have not been able to follow comics like I used to over the past 3-4 months. Still I've heard from people I'm not gonna say a majority but from people I respect that in general the story telling has been worse and getting worse.

So it doesn't matter how good of an idea you have it depends on your ability to execute it. If they don't take care of the real problem which is story telling then it doesn't matter what you're gonna do.

Of course this is just from what I've heard and could be completely wrong.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 04:06 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote