KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DCU gets remade - all books are #1s, Geoff Johns and Jim Lee on Justice League, more

DCU gets remade - all books are #1s, Geoff Johns and Jim Lee on Justice League, more
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (367): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Yes!! According to Bleeding Cool, Wildstorm will be integrated in the DCU. And a possible Grifter series! Woot!

(please log in to view the image)

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/06/...nch-wildstorm/

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! eek!

I was already on board, but now I'm super on board. Although... as a Grifter fanboy if he gets tooled by Batman there is going to be a nerdrage so powerful that it will consume the entire internet, then the world.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 01:20 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Yippeee! Grifter is gonna own Batman hard!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 01:22 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Yippeee! Grifter is gonna own Batman hard!

He should, brothers take it to Backlash in h2h even without his tp/tk.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 01:26 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

If they do get intergrated, Joker, Luthor, and the rest of gang will be dead in a day or so. Majestic steals Lois as well.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 01:28 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

If they do get intergrated, Joker, Luthor, and the rest of gang will be dead in a day or so. Majestic steals Lois as well.

Dude I'm excited, that is an huge influx of heroes with different ideologies than 99.9% of DC heroes, but I am worried about Majestic becoming obsolete in a universe that also has Superman. Can't wait for a Deathstroke / Team 7 interaction or Slade vs Midnighter. /drool

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 01:36 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Dude I'm excited, that is an huge influx of heroes with different ideologies than 99.9% of DC heroes, but I am worried about Majestic becoming obsolete in a universe that also has Superman. Can't wait for a Deathstroke / Team 7 interaction or Slade vs Midnighter. /drool

Or a Suicide Squad/Authority. big grin

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 01:43 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Hadn't heard about this. Care to extrapolate?

http://mobile.syfy.com/infomo?site=...feed:i=29.80813

Originally posted by quanchi112
You don't reboot everything though is the point. it's a slap in the face to those who currently have invested time and money into the dcu for the past 20 years.

You can still have newer books in a separate universe while having the mainstay ne universe.

I personally don't want to see a younger Superman, Batman and to forget all of the events of recent years such as sc, blackest night, etc. to appease a more generalized audience.

I know opinions vary but I absolutely cannot stand this idea and creating great stories will always attract fans not starting things over again.

according to what i've read, blackest night still happened, or is going to be included somehow...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on Jun 2nd, 2011 at 02:24 AM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 02:10 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

They do still exist granted but I want these same characters to experience new threats and to expand on the immense dcu. I don't like remake movies either. It's just one more way for a company to milk a franchise without being creative on their own.

I just don't like starting over. The new mk was a reboot so to speak but everything that had happened in the past still occurred. They thought of an interesting way to still have these events in continuity while at the same time redoing the beginning.

I also am not even a big fan of devil may cry but they are also redoing dante. I just can't stand starting over it's almost like the creative minds are saying we give up, we know it's a profitable franchise/character so let's start over and milk it for all it's worth.

I see what you are saying but I'm a sucker continuity and building not scrapping things every twenty or so years in an entirely new direction.

I know my opinion is just my own but I have a feeling this will generally appeal to more casual fans than hardcore comic fans anyways.
Well I think you should consider the idea that this move actually opens doors for creativity, giving rough character concepts but total freedom to mold the details and remake classic designs. Look at the Ultimate universe.

There's only so many directions you can take characters that have been developed over thirty years without undoing much previous work and cheapening the characters themselves.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 02:37 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by -Pr-

according to what i've read, blackest night still happened, or is going to be included somehow...

it's still going on in flashpoint right now. So yea i don't think it's gonna go away even with the reboot.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 03:04 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Existere
Well I think you should consider the idea that this move actually opens doors for creativity, giving rough character concepts but total freedom to mold the details and remake classic designs. Look at the Ultimate universe.

There's only so many directions you can take characters that have been developed over thirty years without undoing much previous work and cheapening the characters themselves.
I say do this separately while at the same time continue on with the main universe.

I hope so and as long as they do some mortal kombat explanation it won't be as bad if it all happened somehow yet they have to start over at some point in the past.

I just hate wiping the slate clean so to speak and starting over.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 04:45 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I say do this separately while at the same time continue on with the main universe.

I hope so and as long as they do some mortal kombat explanation it won't be as bad if it all happened somehow yet they have to start over at some point in the past.

I just hate wiping the slate clean so to speak and starting over.

You need to get over the Mortal Kombat thing. Seriously. erm

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 04:47 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Look at his username... Quan Chi.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 05:01 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Galan007
^ Unless he gets revamped into the new Ion. Just saying...

That's what I was thinkin' but I doubt they'll get rid of all the other lanterns.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 05:08 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

You need to get over the Mortal Kombat thing. Seriously. erm
That's a cool way of rebooting while at the same time saying hey everything still counts from the previous ones.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 05:30 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That's a cool way of rebooting while at the same time saying hey everything still counts from the previous ones.

Except that it wasn't. You know that. Your denial won't change things.

Besides, it's off topic anyway.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 05:41 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Except that it wasn't. You know that. Your denial won't change things.

Besides, it's off topic anyway.
I'll drop it since it is off topic but I am right.

Let's just leave it at I think this is a huge mistake for the dcu and we will see if I am right or wrong.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 06:51 AM
ares834

laughing out loud

Way to be the big man Quan.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 07:01 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Let's just leave it at I think this is a huge mistake for the dcu and we will see if I am right or wrong.

If you think it's going to fail, then it's bound to succeed. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 12:26 PM
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=32598

Gives some detail on a few creative teams and a bit of information about some continuity changes for these books.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 04:29 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Either Bruce is on the JLA and Justice League International, or Batman Inc still happened in this continuity and there are multiple Batmen.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 04:53 PM