KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Saints Row: The Third

Saints Row: The Third
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
I'm not going to have time to play the games I know I'm getting. And your admission, though less severe, is more a evidence of my point. They picked a bad time.

Well yeah i suppose a bad time for you

but it all comes down to what other games that are coming out and what actually interest's you

for next month Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 i can wait for it to get cheaper, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim not really interested.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 07:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm not going to have time to play the games I know I'm getting. And your admission, though less severe, is more a evidence of my point. They picked a bad time.

Indeed they did. I can see myself giving it a shot when christmas passes and i'm bored as hell, but before then? Arkham City, Modern Warfare 3, even Uncharted 3 (and i've not played the other two), Battlefield 3, Skyrim... Even Colonial Marines isn't far off.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 08:04 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Considering this game will probably be around 50 hours of gameplay (if you do a lot of the secondary stuff, which is probably where all the fun is), this screams of a Summer game.

I think games should release more in the summer. A good, quality game can still do really well.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 01:35 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Kazenji
Well yeah i suppose a bad time for you

but it all comes down to what other games that are coming out and what actually interest's you

for next month Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 i can wait for it to get cheaper, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim not really interested.

I'm talking in general. This holiday is getting blitzed with games. How much A-list coverage is being paid to Saints Row, compared to the other big franchises? How much mroe exposure would they receive without that competition?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 06:50 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I haven't really seen a lot of coverage for it.

It's not just MW3, or Skyrim, it's Gears 3, Forza 4, Batman, BF3, Uncharted 3, Assassins Creed Revelations, Zelda.

Every week there is a triple A title coming out and it's usually a sequel to a huge franchise.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 09:50 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm talking in general. This holiday is getting blitzed with games. How much A-list coverage is being paid to Saints Row, compared to the other big franchises? How much mroe exposure would they receive without that competition?

But they have to be careful with exposure, Too much of it and it could be a let down for some people.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 07:02 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

But they have to be careful with exposure, Too much of it and it could be a let down for some people.

You think they're better off releasing around the holiday? Because this argument is true regardless of when they release the game. If your game isn't good enough, it's a letdown to some. But more exposure usually just means that more will be aware of it.

Really, some games are covered more than others, but outside of Duke and Daikatana, has a game ever provably suffered from pre-release exposure?

Last edited by Digi on Oct 24th, 2011 at 01:28 PM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 01:22 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 07:05 AM
Bladewind

I think Professor Genki's craziness is starting to grow on me... stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 06:25 PM
Bladewind is currently offline Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Theres a demo to try out now on Xbox live, The Initiation Station

the demo enables you to create, share and download your own outlandish characters for use in Saints Row: The Third,

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 07:42 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Despite the massive number of A-List games coming out, Saint's Row still has the potential to do well for several reasons.

A big one of those reasons is how outrageously insane the game is. Every game coming out is fun in it's own way, but none of them are just fun. Saints is known for doing over the top stuff and the series as a whole has always just been tons of fun. For example, you could spend hours doing sidequests on Skyrim, and you could spend hours driving around, running people over, sticking them with 20 semtex bombs and launching them into the sky, or launching them with the man cannon in Third. Of the two, Skyrim would probably leave you more satisfied with it's sheer scope, but Saints is just damn fun.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 01:31 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Theres a demo to try out now on Xbox live, The Initiation Station

the demo enables you to create, share and download your own outlandish characters for use in Saints Row: The Third,

so the demo it's just a creation tool?

no gameplay whatsoever?

I'm wasting bandwidth then no expression

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 03:53 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I agree. This demo is lame. Was looking forward to the gameplay but instead, I can only play around with the customization.

Volition, you suck.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 07:24 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Nemesis X
I agree. This demo is lame. Was looking forward to the gameplay but instead, I can only play around with the customization.

Volition, you suck.

Your fault for not reading up on it then.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 06:45 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 06:50 AM
dadudemon

"BURT ****ING REYNOLDS?"

laughing

Awesome.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2011 04:13 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Nov 8th, 2011 08:45 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looks like it might cross the line for some people this game

just hearing about theres some violence against women and also a mission where your on a ship with prostitutes in shipping containers where you save them and after thats done can either make money off them or sell them back and also on some containers fisting machines.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2011 01:20 PM
Bladewind

Yeah, I can already see the politicians preparing their speeches. wink

Old Post Nov 8th, 2011 02:47 PM
Bladewind is currently offline Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Saints Row 4 is Already On the Cards and It'll Be "Wilder"

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...e--Wilder-.html

Old Post Nov 9th, 2011 11:59 AM