KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » X-Men: Schism

X-Men: Schism
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

It seemed to me that he actually postulated the question of who would leave with him, although I agree that the character wouldn't actively seem to lead a team under normal circumstances.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 7th, 2011 04:37 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

Have any of you even read Schism #4?

I'm only asking because this is not just a thing about Jean or personal ideology and it's put on the table very clearly.

The way you guys are discussing it seems like you are reading reviews and then giving your opinion

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Oct 7th, 2011 03:35 PM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chithappens
Have any of you even read Schism #4?

I'm only asking because this is not just a thing about Jean or personal ideology and it's put on the table very clearly.

The way you guys are discussing it seems like you are reading reviews and then giving your opinion

Jean being mentioned at all was bad, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2011 05:23 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by -Pr-
Jean being mentioned at all was bad, imo.

I dont think it was at all. It was realistic. It what happens when two close friend have a falling out. Things get brought up.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2011 06:44 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
I dont think it was at all. It was realistic. It what happens when two close friend have a falling out. Things get brought up.

I don't think it was realistic at all, considering Scott had moved on. He could have brought up anything else, and it would have made more sense, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 15th, 2011 10:56 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I'd take it better if it was just a small part of many things said back and forth, but the fact that it was "the last straw" the thing that was like "oh snap I'll hit where it hurts more then anything" is giving her too much credit in their current lives.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Oct 15th, 2011 11:12 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It just seemed unusually petty to me. it's not like Cyclops had no other thing he could say to him.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 16th, 2011 01:26 AM
dyajeep

* there are many...

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 02:18 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 04:58 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah... Sucks.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 05:05 PM
ExodusCloak

Yeah... Sucks.

Fraction, Bendis LOL. It's going to suck.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 05:10 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by ExodusCloak

And I'm pretty sure when they bring Cyclops in, they're going to make me give up on Marvel for another three years.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 05:13 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

In what world do Fraction and Bendis tip the scale towards suck when the other side of the scale has Hickman, Bru, and Aaron? blink

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 05:37 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
In what world do Fraction and Bendis tip the scale towards suck when the other side of the scale has Hickman, Bru, and Aaron? blink

Brubaker should stay away from the X-Franchise as well. That leaves Hickman and Aaron.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 05:42 PM
ExodusCloak

And I'm pretty sure when they bring Cyclops in, they're going to make me give up on Marvel for another three years.

FratCyclops with a jetpack and the Void is going to KO the Phoenix Force with a kick. Then he'll piss over everyones graves. Just wait for it.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 05:42 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Brubaker should stay away from the X-Franchise as well. That leaves Hickman and Aaron.

Wasn't Bru co-writing with Fraction the entire time? I'm more then willing to put the blame for his X run on Fraction as well. cool

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 05:48 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I don't think it was realistic at all, considering Scott had moved on. He could have brought up anything else, and it would have made more sense, imo.

Even assuming Cyclops is completely over Jean, everything that happened between the three of them, had "moved on" (you know she has only been dead for like around two years in the 616 time line?) and had put everything behind him, he said what he said because he knew it would push Logan's buttons, there doesn't need to be anything deeper to what he said then that. Welcome to the human race, we can be petty and shallow, nice to meet you. cool

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 05:52 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Brubaker was hit and miss for me. Some of it was good, some of it was bad.

Even assuming Cyclops is completely over Jean, everything that happened between the three of them, had "moved on" (you know she has only been dead for like around two years in the 616 time line?) and had put everything behind him, he said what he said because he knew it would push Logan's buttons, there doesn't need to be anything deeper to what he said then that. Welcome to the human race, we can be petty and shallow, nice to meet you. cool

I just don't think he would be THAT petty, and if he was going to be, then he would have said something else, I guess.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 05:53 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I just don't think he would be THAT petty, and if he was going to be, then he would have said something else, I guess.

Like what? "You get mind-controlled in to attacking us all the time!" In terms of ammunition the Jean card is pretty much the biggest one he has, especially since he knows Wolverine still has feeling for her.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 05:59 PM
ExodusCloak

Wasn't Bru co-writing with Fraction the entire time? I'm more then willing to put the blame for his X run on Fraction as well. cool

Brubaker took over in RAFOTSE.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 06:32 PM