KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Life Debt

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Life Debt
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Life Debt

Coruscant

The waiting area for the transport going to Kashyyyk is nearly empty. Not many travel to the Wookiee World. Despite its status as a Republic world and its standing in the Senate, it is still largely untamed and wild.

But there is one being returning there today- the Wookiee Barkyyshyr, a warrior of his people and a traveler. Seeing him off are two other beings- one small and green, the other tall and gaunt. Master Vera-Kin and her Padawan Nume Rand are bidding farewell to the Wookiee after he has helped them with another mission.

"Until next time, old friend," Vera-Kin says.

Barker growls his goodbyes and walks in the direction of the transport.

"Master, I have a question," young Rand says.

"Yes, my Padawan?" Vera-Kin responds, watching the towering Wookiee go.

"How did you manage to get Barkyyshyr to owe you a life debt?" Rand says. "I should someday like to gain an ally with such extreme loyalty..."

"Life debts are not something you seek, Nume," Vera-Kin states. "It is a serious matter for the Wookiees to swear themselves to uphold a life debt. A matter of life and death."

"All the same," Rand says, "I would ask how you came about forming such a solemn bond."

Vera-Kin nods, and thinks back to a time long gone, when she was young...

-

Welcome to "Life Debt," an episode of the Retrospection games. As an episode of this series, “The Fall” will be a very personal plotline, exploring events involving the player’s character. Going off of Ushgarak’s ever-popular Star Wars roleplaying game, these mini-episodes occur in game-play’s past. In this case, we will look back upon the time Vera-Kin met her Ally, the Wookiee Warrior Barkyyshyr.

As a century-old Jedi Master, Vera-Kin still retains some of her fiery demeanor but she has grown soft; her glorious youthful adventures are behind her and her responsibility to protect the Galaxy lies ahead. Still, in recent days, she is starting to regain her lost abilities- re-training herself to use a pistol and working to improve her physique. She has many stories tucked away in that wrinkled green head of hers, some that she may be willing to share if asked...

The time period is set in 112 BBY- an even eighty years before the return of the Sith, and eighty-five years before Vera-Kin accompanies the Jedi to Thalos. Vera-Kin is a Jedi Knight who has developed a taste for wandering the Galaxy and helping those in need. She goes where the Force takes her, and now she is going to the Wookiee World of Kashyyyk, to see what she learn there.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jun 14th, 2011 at 09:21 PM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2011 09:05 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Coruscant

... when she was young and standing in the very same terminal, waiting for a transport bound for Kashyyyk. She has never been to the Wookiee World, though she has heard tales of the planet's immense planet-wide forests- a stark change from the Core Worlds that she is so familiar with. And she has always been impressed with Wookiees. Being of short stature, the walking carpets are HUGE in comparison.

She is hoping she can learn something from their people. Being a wandering Knight, she is always searching for 1) interesting ideologies and ways of living that she can adopt from aliens across the Galaxy and 2) ways to become a better fighter, so that she can enforce justice when she needs to! Wookiees are renowned hand-to-hand combatants, though there are also impressive swordsmen among them with their unorthodox ryyk blades.

The transport leaves shortly.

-

Two things are required of you:

This being set long before the days of Master Vera-Kin helping the Jedi hunt down Kara Katai and fighting the Techno Union conspiracy, the young Vera-Kin was a much different Knight.

1. Put together a Ronin template for young Vera-Kin.

2. What is Vera-Kin bringing with her to Wookiee World?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2011 09:14 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Oh my! I'll get working on that. Why Ronin though?

Vera-Kin is going to bring her light pistol- something she is very talented with (I'll be taking the Gunslinger variant of the Ronin if that's what I have to do), and her lightsabers (both of them). She carries little else on her person, being young and impulsive and always on the move. She travels light.

Nice trick.

Last edited by Vera21 on Jun 14th, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2011 10:26 PM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Ronin is the best fit the spread of skills that Vera-Kin has accumulated in her old age.

Traveling light indeed! In that case, she is able to simply board. Security for the ship asks that you stow your lightsabers and pistol in a weapons locker on-board, for the safety of crew and passengers alike.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2011 10:38 PM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Young Vera-Kin

STATS

Strength: 3
Agility: 5
Dexterity: 4
Defence: 1

Willpower: 4
Intelligence: 3
Charisma: 5
Perception: 4

Force Rating: 7
Force Attack: 7
Force Defence: 1

SKILLS

Lightsabre: 9
Combat: 2
Guns: 4
Intrusion: 3
Savoir-Faire: 2
Languages: 2
Survival: 2
Intimidate: 1
Leadership: 1
Medicine: 2
Fix-it: 1
Jedi Lore: 1
Observation: 1
Persuade: 1

FORCE POWERS

Push/Pull (Mastered)
Lifting

Swiftness (Mastered)
Coordination

Sense (Mastered)
Presence (Mastered)

Intuition

BLADE SCHTICKS
Orthodox Guard
Balanced Guard
Cleave
Block

GUN SCHTICKS
Carnival of Carnage
Marksman
Eye of the Storm

COMBAT SCHTICKS
Martial Arts
Dodge & Weave
Street Fighter

Nice trick.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 12:42 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin voluntarily gives up her weapons as requested, seeing no reason to have them with her during the flight and comfortable knowing that she is more than capable unarmed.

Nice trick.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 12:44 AM
REXXXX
Networking

You do so and shortly, you are underway to Kashyyyk!

There is little to do aboard a transport like this one. Being a bulk transport, you are afforded a small chamber in which to sleep. Meals are served in a mess hall and the transport is, as you noticed as you were boarding, not exactly brimming with passengers.

The captain is a sleepy old spacer, using droids to staff his ship. There is a blaring, annoying klaxon call to signal meal time in the mess.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 02:02 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Actually, make my Mental stats like this:

Int 5, Ch 4, Per 3

Vera-Kin comes out of a meditative trance when the klaxon blares. She is reluctant to come out of her room and go into the ship, not really wanting much to do with anyone while on her trip. Then again, meeting new people leads to new paths to take. She convinces herself to get out of the small bed.

Vera-Kin has not yet learned the importance of seeing the future, so she does little in her meditation. Just keeps herself relaxed and rested.

When she leaves the room, she instinctually makes sure her lightsabers are there, but then remembers that she surrendered them. This makes her irritable as she makes for the mess hall.

Nice trick.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 06:40 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Noted.

The mess hall is a long dank metal room with a single long table stretching down the center of it for everyone to eat at. The droid cook is producing food at a counter, cafeteria-style.

There are a few people coming to see what's to eat.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 10:58 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin will grab herself a small dish of whatever is on the menu tonight, and then seat herself in the center of the mess hall table. She'll quietly observe the other passengers to see if there is anyone of interest aboard.

Nice trick.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 01:15 AM
REXXXX
Networking

You have quite an assortment of beings among the passengers that enter, even for so small a group.

Rather notably, there is a dark-furred Wookiee, towering above everyone else! He has a warrior's look to him but something about his appearance bothers you.

A pair of Trandoshans in travel gear are keeping to themselves and sitting on the far end of the table. Hmm, strange...

A human merchant of some sort enters lugging a huge suitcase, with a big loader droid assisting him with a second. He and the droid as handcuffed to the cases.

One older gentlemen in classy evening wear and sporting an impressive mustache sits rather closer to you.

The rest are all grouping together at another part of the table, about ten total. They look like hippies.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2011 02:30 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin will wait to see if any of them approach her. She is curious about all of them, particularly the Wookiee.

Nice trick.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2011 04:27 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Most of them are keeping to themselves.

Except the older gentlemen, who decides to strike up conversation.

"Aren't you rather young to be traveling alone, child?" he asks, polishing his monacle.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 10:48 PM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin is a little offended by this.

"I am no child," she states, poking at her food with her utensil.

She Scans the man.

Nice trick.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 06:35 AM
REXXXX
Networking

He has a very firm mind. You can only tell that he is curious about you.

"Ah, I thought not," the man says. "My apologies, I did not mean to offend. You can understand the mistake, I trust."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 06:44 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

"I can," Vera-Kin says. "To whom do I own the honor of being mistaken for a child?" She smiles as she lowers her hood, revealing her short brown hair that she has pulled back into a ponytail.

Nice trick.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 06:44 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Kor Valter Benebel," says the older gentlemen.

You recognize 'Kor' as being a title. Not the origin though.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 05:19 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

"Why are you going to Kashyyyk?" Vera-Kin asks, filing away the recognition of the title for later.

Nice trick.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2011 08:44 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Tourism," Valter says. "I have never been, and I should like to see it. Wookiees fascinate me."

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 10:28 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

"I feel the same," Vera-Kin says. "They are mistaken for simple beasts, and yet they have such fascinating and advanced culture."

Nice trick.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 07:49 PM