KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » inimalist's Tournament - Based Gods vs Mutant X

inimalist's Tournament - Based Gods vs Mutant X
Started by: inimalist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by inimalist
actually, in line with this, Gundam/Leo are not permitted to shield or hide their summoned characters with magneto. sorry, I missed that last night.
not a problem

Old Post Jun 15th, 2011 11:03 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Ambient
Let me just put it this way, it's does not exist before duplication however warlock does know off the schematics in the creation of it's technology via dowload from prof.. After summoning dupes this is when the tech is created by warlock and also by the dupes..

ok, well, right off the bat, let me try to frame it like this: I was hesitant to let you do this with Cable's "potential", because it violated the spirit of the "no amping dupes" and "only dupe meta" rules. Having thousands of herald level characters was something I tried to ban outright, but because you found a legitimate way around that, I let it slide [don't get me wrong, your strategy is awesome, in fact, how impressed I was with your ability to skirt my rules was one of the major reasons I let it happen].

that being said, in this situation, the reason Cable's potential is allowed to be duped is because it is an inherent and intrinsic part of Cable's character that was around long before even the Cable/Deadpool series. The schematics or whatever are not similar to this at all, as they were never intrinsic to Cable or Warlock outside of this match.

Please don't take this as a threat, I'm not saying this to try and penalize you for debating a rule with me, I want you to if you feel the need, but, if you are going to force me into something more consistent about "duping" and "potential", I'm going to make it more in line with my initial rules rather than not. I specifically didn't want armies of herald level characters on a team, and if Warlock's "potential" to create cos devices for all the dupes would cause him to be above the limits, so to would cable's "god cable" potential. Its an issue I'm not going to back off of.

I don't mean this to sound like "be happy I've let you come this far", more "I've already bent this rule pretty far to accommodate your strategy". In my mind, its like you've managed to get a invulnerable character into the tourney, and now you want to make them even more unbeatable. In the most literal sense, you are being allowed to do something I attempted to never allow in the first place.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2011 11:16 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Ouch!!! Lol's

So what your is saying god cable + cos = >> limit... JK

I gotcha..

My Artwork

Old Post Jun 15th, 2011 11:43 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

okay, now, i just need to be clear what exactly it is we're facing--you have made god cable, given him warlock's technomorphing powers as well as these other amps--cos and dominus--and you've added to that pool's healing ability?

is that right, or did i misread something? i really hope i DID misread something, but technomorphing god cable with pool's healing so he can never burn out is ludicrously beyond the magneto caps--even without the other amps he seems to have gotten in there.....

and all the dupes are..... warlock/jamie/classic cable dupes? or just warlock/jamie?

sorry for the questions, just having a hard time understanding what has been allowed to happen here.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 12:02 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by leonidas
okay, now, i just need to be clear what exactly it is we're facing--you have made god cable, given him warlock's technomorphing powers as well as these other amps--cos and dominus--and you've added to that pool's healing ability?

is that right, or did i misread something? i really hope i DID misread something, but technomorphing god cable with pool's healing so he can never burn out is ludicrously beyond the magneto caps--even without the other amps he seems to have gotten in there.....

If deadpool's healing factor would cause Cable to never burn out, I'd agree, however, I don't understand why it would work that way.

afaik, deadpool only allowed cable's body to heal from the TO virus, giving him full access to his TP, not amping his body to have unlimited psy potential... I'll glance through the series, let me know if you find anything different

[B]and all the dupes are..... warlock/jamie/classic cable dupes? or just warlock/jamie?/B]

the initial dupes are warlock/jamie/classic cable + technopathy that are allowed to become God Cable (though the how is open for you guys to debate)

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 12:14 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

If deadpool's healing factor would cause Cable to never burn out, I'd agree, however, I don't understand why it would work that way.

afaik, deadpool only allowed cable's body to heal from the TO virus, giving him full access to his TP, not amping his body to have unlimited psy potential... I'll glance through the series, let me know if you find anything different

the hf would keep his body from ever burning out--that was the problem he was having. pool's healing factor ALONE would have him surpassing the killability limit, wouldn't it? i honestly see no way that amalgam can be under the limit. god cable alone is VERY dubious imo. now he's got a bunch of amps and pool's healing??

quote:
the initial dupes are warlock/jamie/classic cable + technopathy that are allowed to become God Cable (though the how is open for you guys to debate)

huh? the dupes are allowed to become god cables? i'm so friggin confused. i thought they were decreed to be only classic cable/warlock? obviously they CAN'T be god cables, right?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 12:23 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

the hf would keep his body from ever burning out--that was the problem he was having. pool's healing factor ALONE would have him surpassing the killability limit, wouldn't it? i honestly see no way that amalgam can be under the limit. god cable alone is VERY dubious imo. now he's got a bunch of amps and pool's healing??

pool's healing was allowed with Mimic, and I don't feel it is instantaneous enough to consider him "non-KO-able". The healing alone is not above the killability limit.

Cable burning out was a major part of me allowing him, so there is that. However, and I know I'm probably in a significant minority around here because of this, but I don't see "God Cable" as really being that powerful... God cable + CoS (an amp to tk that is less powerful that his own tk) + technopathy (maybe useful, but not a huge power amp) + Warlock and Madrox (both situated well in the meta tier in terms of KMC rankings) is, imho, no more powerful or versatile than is Doom or comet (or that necromancer character). The healing factor alone didn't push the limits for me, but in terms of not burning out, sure, I agree.

Deadpool can be summoned but not integrated into the amalgam.

huh? the dupes are allowed to become god cables? i'm so friggin confused. i thought they were decreed to be only classic cable/warlock? obviously they CAN'T be god cables, right?

the individual dupes may (as in, it is not a violation of the rules for them to do so) access Warlock's powers to rewrite the TO virus

the loophole Ambient found was that he could dupe classic cable, then have the dupes amp themselves to God Cable (in theory, I'm not saying that is what happens, just that it wouldn't be against the rules), which is actually, and inadvertently, allowed under the rules as I have them... and I don't want to penalize someone for reading the rules and coming up with a creative strategy.

Maybe it is an exploit I need to deal with next round /shrug, however, a major point of the tournament was to try and get new strategies and characters involved (to be fair, there are at least 2 such issues I'm watching your team for).

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 12:40 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

but it was my impression that dupes couldn't exceed meta levels. is that not correct?

again, to be crystal clear--you are ALLOWING him to create THOUSANDS of god cables?

Last edited by leonidas on Jun 16th, 2011 at 12:52 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 12:45 AM
tsilamini

the way I wrote it was that you could not dupe or summon something that is above meta level. The characters being duped are not above meta, but individually amp themselves (something I decreed specifically was allowed).

The problem is what I mentioned above: what happens when a meta level character with herald potential dupes itself? I decided to go with it in Ambient's case because I didn't want to penalize him for reading the rules carefully. I can't find a place where I maintained that dupes were not allowed to ever exceed the meta limit, just that they could not exceed the tournament limit.

I admit it was an error on my part

honestly, I was thinking more about not letting Magneto put his shields around 1000 madrox dupes, not about someone making 1000 metas into heralds. The worst I thought was some Rogue type play, but I couldn't imagine a Rogue + "dupe power" that was still meta level

its written like:

[b]Character summoning and duplication are allowed. Any summoned or duplicated character must be a high meta or below. For example: Drafting Maddrox would be fine because he lacks the ability to create herald level dupes. Drafting a herald level character who duplicates themselves would not be allowed._Even if the herald would create only meta level dupes, this is NOT allowed, as there would be too much ambiguity about what a "meta" level Silver Surfer would be like. If a character has only ever summoned herald level demons, they are not allowed to summon demons, even if we can infer that they_could_summon meta level ones.

Summoned and duplicated characters may receive no power amping whatsoever, this includes shielding.

and a clarification: duplicate and summoned characters may amp themselves under their own power. so, your drafted characters wouldn't be able to increase their powers, but they may use their own abilities to buff themselves (ie: if you summon a character with shields, they may shield themselves or your drafted characters)

and I even mentioned my desire to not have herald level armies, but I don't think it is right to penalize a participant because I didn't do so well enough, or, at least I wont penalize yet.

EDIT:

again, to be crystal clear--you are ALLOWING him to create THOUSANDS of god cables?

I am allowing the amalgam dupes of Warlock/Cable/Madrox to use Warlock's power in order to rewrite the TO virus

the outcome of such an action is more a matter of your debate/judge opinion.

if everyone is in agreement that this produces thousands of God Cable amalgams, then yes, I feel I am obliged to allow that, because it isn't a violation of any specific rule.

Last edited by tsilamini on Jun 16th, 2011 at 01:08 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 01:03 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

dupes becoming god cable is just a tad more than a simple shield buff
Even if the herald would create only meta level dupes, this is NOT allowed, as there would be too much ambiguity about what a "meta" level Silver Surfer would be like.
cable is held back by the virus in his system, by removing it and then duplicating him you make herald levelers masquerading as metas that can amp as well.

"Summoned and duplicated characters may receive no power amping whatsoever, this includes shielding."

^ kinda conflicting, as i had to rescind my shielding

Last edited by psycho gundam on Jun 16th, 2011 at 01:19 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 01:14 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by psycho gundam
dupes becoming god cable is just a tad more than a simple shield buff

which is why I'm watching this match to see how problematic it becomes

cable is held back by the virus in his system, by removing it and then duplicating him you make herald levelers masquerading as metas that can amp as well.

from my reading of it, the dupes "rewrite" the virus after duplication

"Summoned and duplicated characters may receive no power amping whatsoever, this includes shielding."

^ kinda conflicting, as i had to rescind my shielding

I changed that after I realized it would stop you from summoning a character that could adequately defend itself. So, say you summoned Bishop, with that rule, he would be unable to absorb energy, as it would be an amp.

The problem is, I left the amp limit the same for summoned and drafted characters. Ambient even asked me about that specifically, and I answered that the limits were what are stated in the rules.

if you had amalgamated Magneto with your summoned characters, he would be able to shield them.

Last edited by tsilamini on Jun 16th, 2011 at 01:22 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 01:19 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 01:20 AM
tsilamini

I changed that after I realized it would stop you from summoning a character that could adequately defend itself. So, say you summoned Bishop, with that rule, he would be unable to absorb energy, as it would be an amp.

The problem is, I left the amp limit the same for summoned and drafted characters. Ambient even asked me about that specifically, and I answered that the limits were what are stated in the rules.

if you had amalgamated Magneto with your summoned characters, he would be able to shield them they would be able to use magneto's shields on themselves.

this is, I think, 2-3 posts under the rules on page 6 of the tournament thread:

and a clarification: duplicate and summoned characters may amp themselves under their own power. so, your drafted characters wouldn't be able to increase their powers, but they may use their own abilities to buff themselves (ie: if you summon a character with shields, they may shield themselves or your drafted characters)

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 01:24 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

this was there also:

"This is to prevent the obvious loop hole of creating 1000 meta level dupes, then amping them to the amp limit." magneto being that limit

Last edited by psycho gundam on Jun 16th, 2011 at 01:40 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 01:37 AM
tsilamini

this was there also:

"This is to prevent the obvious loop hole of creating 1000 meta level dupes, then amping them to the amp limit."

indeed

I didn't think it through well enough to prevent that

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 01:41 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

no convenor can EVER get everything. which is PRECISELY why the no loophole clause exists. we'll debate the match, but, while it is clever enough loopholing, it is STILL the very definition of loopholing and frankly, i think it's bs that it is being allowed to occur for 2 reasons--1--we have to face a 1000 god cables or try and somehow prove he can't make them (which makes the match boil down to whether we can disprove his prep, never a great thing for a match to hinge on), and, 2, it penalizes AMBIENT as well. if he DOES win, and he DOES get his 1000 god cables banned later on, his entire strategy and reasons for drafting his guys in the first place, which you ok'd, will now be rendered null and void.

meh, you're the boss and i'm done arguing my point but this will very likely only end ugly.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 01:59 AM
tsilamini

The results of this fight will be as follows:

THE LOSING PARTICIPANTS WILL STILL MOVE TO THE LOSER'S BRACKET, BUT WILL NOT BE AWARDED A LOSS TOWARD THEIR TWO LOSS ELIMINATION COUNT. BRACKETS WILL BE REDRAWN TO ACCOMMODATE THIS WHEN NEED ARISES.

[heh, awarded is probably not the best term there]

Last edited by tsilamini on Jun 16th, 2011 at 02:20 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 02:17 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

i say the root of the problem is god cable, i don't believe he is legal for this tournament as he breaks the power limit.

we can delve into why this is true later

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 05:32 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Character summoning and duplication are allowed. Any summoned or duplicated character must be a high meta or below.

Originally posted by Ambient
So to clarify it is against the rule to amp our drafted characters over stablish limit same as dupes/clones?
(as in magneto's normal level (low-mid herald which gawd cable isn't))

and the dagger....

yes, this is laid out plainly in the official rules

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 05:48 AM
tsilamini

edit

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 06:21 AM