KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » inimalist's Tournament - Based Gods vs Mutant X

inimalist's Tournament - Based Gods vs Mutant X
Started by: inimalist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

it all boiled down to ambient amping his dupes to herald level when the rules said that exact thing was to be stopped at all costs. prior to that he was stripped of the COS, ambient rescinded that part also... pretty simple after that

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 03:26 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Now that the match is over in all honesty, Ambient should have taken the match.

If the argument was that Magento would bastardize Cable due to metallic body parts. That was a poor sense of Logic. This version of Cable, and his Clones counted Uber TK which rivals Magentos EM, on top of an active stand alone force field.

Magneto would have his hands full with one Cable, let alone a thousand.

Ambient benefited with the fact that he can neutralize their undead army, by assimilating it….had he willed it. He didn’t even have to touch them, the T.O. can be infective through the airwaves.

Anyhow just my two cents. Congrants to Leo, and Psycho.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 06:06 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

i think ambient just lacked the killer instinct, he has a solid plan even with the nerfs

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 06:27 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Simbon

I actually think there was a huge, huge problem with Ambient's plan that was never brought up, but I should probably keep it to myself in case he doesn't redraft.

Xemnu Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 01:22 PM
Simbon is currently offline Click here to Send Simbon a Private Message Find more posts by Simbon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
i'll be perfectly frank and say i didn't think we'd win the match. it's always interesting reading the judges' rationales.

The only thing i was unsure off was breaking Mags shield, got me thinking it could go both ways.. wink
Originally posted by "Id"
Now that the match is over in all honesty, Ambient should have taken the match.

If the argument was that Magento would bastardize Cable due to metallic body parts. That was a poor sense of Logic. This version of Cable, and his Clones counted Uber TK which rivals Magentos EM, on top of an active stand alone force field.

Magneto would have his hands full with one Cable, let alone a thousand.

Ambient benefited with the fact that he can neutralize their undead army, by assimilating it….had he willed it. He didn’t even have to touch them, the T.O. can be infective through the airwaves.

Anyhow just my two cents. Congrants to Leo, and Psycho.

It was just 1 uber tk the rest was your normal classic Cable with still solid TK..

I was saving the T.O smile ..
Originally posted by Simbon
I actually think there was a huge, huge problem with Ambient's plan that was never brought up, but I should probably keep it to myself in case he doesn't redraft.

Do tell..

Let me guess first.

"How Cable could access his mutant powers when his body is fully taken over by techno-organic via the merging with Warlock? big grin

My Artwork

Old Post Jul 11th, 2011 06:56 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Simbon

No, actually it was the duplication issue. Once warlock built the armor ariund sunspot, he was able to transmit his mutant powers sufficiently for flight. Aside from the fact that there is a huge difference between launching off like a walrus with a jetpack and making duplicates just in terms of difficulty, I never saw any reason why accessing MM's powers would allow Warlock to make copies of his melded cable form -- if he could even access MM's powers, from what we've seen it would simply mean that, when the armor was hit with kinetic force warlock could absorb it and make copies of Jamie, []not[/I] copies of cable-melded warlock surrounding a new jamie. In short, I thought the cable part of your plan, with all of its tech was totally solid, but I didn't buy the duplication process at all. Still, very creative.

Xemnu Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 11th, 2011 03:41 PM
Simbon is currently offline Click here to Send Simbon a Private Message Find more posts by Simbon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Ambient
"How Cable could access his mutant powers when his body is fully taken over by techno-organic via the merging with Warlock? big grin
you're damn right that was a problem evil face

Last edited by psycho gundam on Jul 11th, 2011 at 06:49 PM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2011 06:46 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

I command you to forget everything you read in this tread.. Blam! Blam!

My Artwork

Old Post Jul 11th, 2011 08:05 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Originally posted by Simbon
No, actually it was the duplication issue. Once warlock built the armor ariund sunspot, he was able to transmit his mutant powers sufficiently for flight. Aside from the fact that there is a huge difference between launching off like a walrus with a jetpack and making duplicates just in terms of difficulty, I never saw any reason why accessing MM's powers would allow Warlock to make copies of his melded cable form -- if he could even access MM's powers, from what we've seen it would simply mean that, when the armor was hit with kinetic force warlock could absorb it and make copies of Jamie, []not[/I] copies of cable-melded warlock surrounding a new jamie. In short, I thought the cable part of your plan, with all of its tech was totally solid, but I didn't buy the duplication process at all. Still, very creative.

Huh! I've missed this one.. erm

When Multiple man activates his mutant powers its not only his biological form that gets copied but also any tech such as weapons, cloths, armors around his form.. he has been shown to do this in comics.. ++ the fact that dough the armor might not seem like the usual merging feat of Warlock they are still considered as one and if it really need be, i can fully meld MM to Warlock -- I have posted of scan of Warlock melded with more than one individual.. Either way it still works i think..

late reply ssrry.. smile

My Artwork

Old Post Jul 16th, 2011 09:54 PM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Originally posted by Ambient
Huh! I've missed this one.. erm

When Multiple man activates his mutant powers its not only his biological form that gets copied but also any tech such as weapons, cloths, armors around his form.. he has been shown to do this in comics.. ++ the fact that dough the armor might not seem like the usual merging feat of Warlock they are still considered as one and if it really need be, i can fully meld MM to Warlock -- I have posted of scan of Warlock melded with more than one individual.. Either way it still works i think..

late reply ssrry.. smile

Heh. However, merging with two people=/=access to the powers of those two, and any stuff Multiple Man has duplicated other than himself was, while complicated, not sentient and certainly not having herald level powers.
Other than surreal phalanx-biology-violating concept of siring himself... one of those things just isn't going to work.

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Jul 16th, 2011 10:45 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Simbon

Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Heh. However, merging with two people=/=access to the powers of those two, and any stuff Multiple Man has duplicated other than himself was, while complicated, not sentient and certainly not having herald level powers.
Other than surreal phalanx-biology-violating concept of siring himself... one of those things just isn't going to work.

Exactly. The strategy is inventive, but I simply don't see it working.

Xemnu Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 16th, 2011 10:52 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

I see your point if my intention was to have two or more separate individual duplicating only with one of this individual having said so abilities.. You have to take the amalgam as face value -- a single entity.. It would be no diff. than Jamie duplicating himself..

Also there was no herald level character during the duplication though I see no relevancy of this matter during this process as it would not be possible due to set rules..

My Artwork

Last edited by Ambient on Jul 17th, 2011 at 06:19 AM

Old Post Jul 17th, 2011 06:12 AM