KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Stupid AOTC plot holes

Stupid AOTC plot holes
Started by: Fortitude

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
N.
O RLY?

YARLY

quote:
RB
He's not. He's every bit as unambiguously evil as, say, Palpatine; neither of them are deep characters with especially 'complex' or 'deep' motivations. Doesn't prevent them from being good characters or good villains, but they ain't Magneto.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 12:39 AM
Click here to Send RagingBoner a Private Message Find more posts by RagingBoner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by RagingBoner
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Blax and I tried to explain to you that what you're seeking to assert cannot be objectively proven or concluded. But apparently your mind isn't as flexible you've proven the Joker's bumhole to be, because you're just not getting it. There is no right or wrong here when it comes to either Palpatine or the Joker being a superior character.

Which would be why am I solely trying to prove to you his depth as a character based upon his role in the movie, his motivations etc. I don't give a damn about your opinion. But factors such as character motivations, his actions in the plot and how they relate to him as a character are objective. Unless you're planning on ignoring them too.

quote:
^ Because this isn't you disagreeing with the conclusion, this is you telling me I'm a fool for not agreeing with you. There's a critical difference, sweetheart.

Actually I'm calling you a fool for ignoring every word I'm saying and showing to you.

quote:
You're not debating, you're ranting. If you were debating, you'd be interested in the other's side and willing to open your mind.

I am interested in the other sides arguments, I would love to have a serious critical discussion with you on the topic. Which is why I'm ragging on you for just one finger saluting me and pissing on me every chance you get.

quote:
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You can spew irrational love all you want and you can level accusations of fanboyism all you like; only one of us is visibly distraught and refuses to see the merits of the other side. Care to take a gander at which one of us that is?

You havn't offered any merits as of yet. What exactly am I refusing to see here?

quote:
I'm treating you like a child because you're acting like one and it's tragically hilarious. Only a child behaves in such a manner: NO UR STUPID FOR NOT AGREEING WITH ME ON A SUBJECTIVE ISSUE AND BOWING BEFORE THE GREAT NOLAN'S FEET LETS GO CARESS THE MAJESTIC SOIL COVERING HEATH LEDGER'S CARCASS-

Why would I want to debate it with you?

I really don't know. Why are you still talking to me if all you're going to do is insult me?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 12:50 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fortitude
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Joker is not supposed to have a clear motivation. He parodies this idea that he can easily be explained with a simple motivation or backstory. That's part of what makes the Joker unique.

But at the risk of sounding like the wannabe mod, back on topic?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 12:56 AM
Click here to Send Fortitude a Private Message Find more posts by Fortitude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Re: Stupid AOTC plot holes

K I'll entertain

Originally posted by Fortitude
1. Why didn't Padme's security detect the bomb that was so blatantly planted there? Or was it a missile?

If it was so blatantly obvious what was it? Honestly what do you see there?

quote:
Either way, Zam clearly saw Padme survive, and knew that she used a decoy, implying that she was overseeing the attempt. If so, then why didn't she just shoot Padme when she was standing over the body of the decoy and mourning? Furthermore, why such a small missile? Why not just launch a thermonuclear weapon from orbit and blow up the entire structure?

What? How do you know Zam was watching her... And how would she see no that it was a decoy she killed immediatly afterwards? And where is this missle you speak off?

quote:
2. Why was Padme's decoy apologizing for failing her? Didn't she do her job like she was supposed to, and gave her life doing so?

She was just "blown up" and dying, someyhing tells me she might not be thinking straight.

quote:
3. If people are trying to kill Padme, why is she sitting in a building with clear windows open to trillions of people?

The window seems to be some sorta "force field" not glass.

quote:
4. Why did Padme sleep next to the window? She wants to use herself as bait, but clearly wants to live too. She survived only because Zam was an idiot and decided to send slow moving bugs through a window instead of just parking her speeder near Padme's apartment and shooting her dead.

By sending bugs she can do it quietly without others noticing (also Jango told her to use them). Simple really. As for Padme sleeping next to the window... I remind you it's not made of glass plus she had two Jedi who have a "danger sense" allowing them to know when she is in danger be it from bugs or gunfire.

quote:
5. Why did R2 scan every place except for the windows, the only plausible entrance?

He was scanning where he thought he heard the noise.

quote:
6. How did Obi Wan know that she went in there to run, not to hide?

A guess. He is a Jedi who tracks criminals down regularily. Thus he would know how they typically act.

quote:
7. Why would Jango Fett get hired to do something, only to hire someone else to do it?

Why not? Less work for him.

quote:
8. If Obi Wan and Anakin were able to somehow locate Zam's speeder in a sky of billions of them, why couldn't they use this to track down Jango Fett, who was in a rocket pack that probably had a limited range?

Because Kenobi saw Zam's speeder and were in a speeder at the time. There wasn't one around when Jango flew off.

quote:
9. Why did Jango Fett use a traceable poison dart instead of just a blaster?

Maybe because he wanted the Jedi to get to Kamino. Or maybe because he didn't think it would be traceable, I mean the analysis droids were unable to place it.

quote:
10. If Dextor is so knowledgable he knows that the entire Jedi Archive does not, why is he running a small bar?

Because he prefers it. Or it could be cover.

quote:
11. If Kamino was deleted from the Jedi Archives, why didn't Obi Wan just go to the holonet?

Because the internet is so trustworthy right? But the holonet isn't even in the movies so it's a moot point.

quote:
12. Ok, so Jango Fett was the template for the clone army; the Jedi know this. Jango Fett was also contracted by the seperatists; the Jedi know this. So the Clone Army was made by a seperatists…to fight seperatists? And they never notice this?

A little stupid but RB has a good answer for this.

quote:
13. Why does Padme have no problem with Anakin committing mass genocide?

Blinded by love.

quote:
14. Why didn’t Obi Wan’s starfighter accelerate during the chase scene? Why did it move so slowly when we know that Star Wars starfighters can move at extremely fast speeds; notice how the X wings circumnavigated Yavin, a gas giant, within minutes?

Might have something to do with flying through an asteroid field. Anyway not so much a plot hole as a physics error.

quote:
15. If the LAAT is out of rockets, shoot Dooku down with freaking lasers!

Rockets=laser perhaps.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 02:56 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
N.
I am interested in the other sides arguments, I would love to have a serious critical discussion with you on the topic.

Then you should have no problem agreeing to certain terms, then.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 03:24 AM
Click here to Send RagingBoner a Private Message Find more posts by RagingBoner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

This isn't a peace treaty RB. If you want to talk to me then we'll talk.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 03:34 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

N.
This isn't a peace treaty RB. If you want to talk to me then we'll talk.

I'm uninterested in debating the issue with someone who has the self-control and behavioral consistency of a 7-year-old with cerebral palsy, which is pretty much how you've conducted yourself. You want an open-minded discussion without insults from me, I want the same from you.

Or you can indulge your wounded pride, say no, and b1tch about me in the Video Game forum so more. laughing out loud

Last edited by RagingBoner on Jun 18th, 2011 at 03:43 AM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 03:40 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Then no.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 03:46 AM
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

N.
Then no.

laughing out loud

quote:
R.B.
You're not interested in a discussion and you're not interested in a debate. You're not willing to see potential merits in the opposition, you're not willing to see anything other than criticism in what you don't like. The reality is that you and you alone in this conflict are the fanboy, incapable of seeing anything other than what you want to

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 03:50 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Reported for being a sock.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 03:51 AM
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

Now that was just plain nasty.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 03:57 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Maybe it'll teach you not to be such a prick in the future.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 03:58 AM
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I rather doubt it. Y SO SERIOUS?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 04:02 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Gee, I wonder.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 04:04 AM
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

N.
Gee, I wonder.

Well now if you don't know what's the matter, how am I expected to be sensitive?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 04:06 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) for gods sake, dont you people have lives off the computer? Dumbest damn conversation ever.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 09:27 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Jah, sorry for that. Personal crap.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 09:40 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Interesting user-name up there. lol

I like George.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 06:45 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Re: Stupid AOTC plot holes

Excellent observations.

A few comments-

4. Why did Padme sleep next to the window? She wants to use herself as bait, but clearly wants to live too. She survived only because Zam was an idiot and decided to send slow moving bugs through a window instead of just parking her speeder near Padme's apartment and shooting her dead.

Exactly. Zam even has a sniper rifle for pity's sake.

6. How did Obi Wan know that she went in there to run, not to hide?

True. Heck, for all he knew maybe she planned to sneak out through a back door.

7. Why would Jango Fett get hired to do something, only to hire someone else to do it?

That seemed odd to me too.

13. Why does Padme have no problem with Anakin committing mass genocide?

Yeah that's one of my biggest problems with this movie.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2011 03:25 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Oh I see Nephtys and RagingBoner are having some kind of love affair on here... When's the wedding?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2011 07:39 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote