KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » The Avengers vs. The Dark Knight Rises (opening nite & wknd)

The Avengers vs. The Dark Knight Rises (opening nite & wknd)
Started by: Scarlet315

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (29): « First ... « 27 28 [29]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by spidermanrocks
Not sure if anyone brought this up but TDKR already beat TDK at the box office. I WISH that I could say "I told you so because Nolan is a great director" but I can't.

I remember when TDK first came out, a lot of people were saying the only reason it did well was because of Ledger's death. I never believed that for a second and always argued that the movie did well because it was a very good movie overall yet they would always shut me down by saying that it wouldn't have made even half the money it made if it weren't for Heath dying. Before this movie came out, I was really hoping for it to make over a billion at the box office and top TDK and this time, people couldn't argue that it was due to an actor's death thus I could have said the reason it did well was because the movie was very well done smile and it would have also proved that TDK didn't make over $1 billion just because of Heath's death.

Then TDKR came out and I saw it, I disliked it and began to criticize it. Although it is an OK movie (not a great movie; just an OK movie), I think it has tons of flaws, plot holes, and things that just don't make sense/add up. I also think it is a terrible Batman adaptation and sequel to BB and TDK. I found it to be a huge letdown and very overrated. And now it topped TDK at the box office and all the Nolan fanboys (and no, not everyone that loves TDKR is a Nolan fanboy) are rubbing it in my face and are saying the movie is well done due to that. Funny how ironic life can be, eh? LOL

You can attribute a lot of the success of TDKR to the fantastic movie TDK was. That's what built up the hype.

Plus there's obviously a lot of people who love TDKR as well, but generally there was much more love for TDK.

But yes the success of TDKR should finally rid us of the idea that TDK was only a success due to Ledger's death. I mean jeez if that was the case then "The Crow" should have also been one of the biggest movies of all time!

Brandon Lee's death was much more tragic, and he literally died on set! Plus add to his father's mysterious and also untimely death it was a lot more to talk about at the time.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
shhh!! don't tell george lucas that laughing out loud

I'm gna tell him!

And then I'll give him a thumbs up for bringing Darth Maul back in Clone Wars big grin

Last edited by Darth Thor on Sep 10th, 2012 at 09:43 AM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 09:38 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't think anybody said that it was the only factor, just that it was a large one, which it was imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 09:40 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't think anybody said that it was the only factor, just that it was a large one, which it was imo.

Nah I don't agree it was a "Large" factor at all. A factor- Yes.

But Nolan was already a big name at the time, just having his name attached was bringing in big money - "Inception."

Plus when you add the overwhelming word of mouth for how good that movie was, then it was always bound to make a killing.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 09:47 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Nah I don't agree it was a "Large" factor at all. A factor- Yes.

But Nolan was already a big name at the time, just having his name attached was bringing in big money - "Inception."

Plus when you add the overwhelming word of mouth for how good that movie was, then it was always bound to make a killing.

Dark Knight came out before Inception, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 09:48 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Dark Knight came out before Inception, though.

Ah yes your right. So it was TDK that made Nolan's name huge.

So looking at the success of Inception and TDKR, it seems pretty unlikely that it was Heath's death that made TDK huge. If it was the success and hype would not continue to future movies.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 11:28 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Ah yes your right. So it was TDK that made Nolan's name huge.

So looking at the success of Inception and TDKR, it seems pretty unlikely that it was Heath's death that made TDK huge. If it was the success and hype would not continue to future movies.

I would say that it was one of the reasons, not the sole one at all.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 11:59 AM
spidermanrocks

I would say that it was one of the reasons, not the sole one at all.

I'm talking about people that say it was the sole reason or the main reason. It was A reason but it was by no means THE reason like some people claim.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 05:52 PM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote