KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Gladiator (kallark) vs Thor Odinson -- strength feats

Gladiator (kallark) vs Thor Odinson -- strength feats
Started by: psycho gundam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tsilamini

huh, this seems pretty 1 sided so far...

I do think Thor is stronger, but it'd be nice to see why people think Glads is equal...

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 07:26 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus
RIP GUY222

(please log in to view the image)

The closest we have to a comparison of strength between current Gladiator and Thor.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 07:49 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Simbon

Aside from Carver, who are the other gladiator fans? TBH, I suspect that their entire notion of his power is derived from the 90s x-men cartoon.

Xemnu Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 07:58 PM
Simbon is currently offline Click here to Send Simbon a Private Message Find more posts by Simbon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I thought the Skyscraper feat was sufficient enough to match Gladiator's but as I wasn't 100% certain, hence I posted the Asgard feat which is noticeably more superior.

There isn't anything to debate about. Lifting a Skyscraper is nowhere near as impressive as lifting Asgard with someone who is your physical peer. Cut the weight in half and it's still a city compared to a building. Re-read the scene. Asgard dropped on them.

Yes if you compare the incorrect feats, you would be right but it won't work this way. I will explain it to you in the next quote.

I'm not really sure what you want. The feats I posted are superior. Continuously discussing moving a spaceship of unknown size is nowhere near as impressive as the Midgard Serpent feat. It may match lifting Asgard but that's about it.

That's the problem, they are not imho. I'm disappointed to tell you the truth.
The ship had the size of a city

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/99...ervision4bn.jpg
you can see it in the upper left corner. And it had millions tons of weapons on board. And again you are comparing false feats.

If you can't match the feats posted then move on. Discussing them as if that somehow makes them less impressive doesn't actually prove anything as it's all right there in the pages.

Thor lifting Asgard > Gladiator lifting a Skyscraper

Thor overpowering the Midgard Serpent > Gladiator moving a ship of unknown size

I want you to match them, what you failed to do, really.
And there is need to discuss them if you compare them, anyway. I won't work the way you wish it. It's more like:

Glads lifting a Skyscraper > Thor lifting a Skyskraper

Glads carrying a Ship the size of a city with millions tons of weapons on board at superspeed > Thor supporting a falling Asgard with the help of BRB.

Thor moving the Serpent was impressive, though if you are also so into hyperbole
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/...adpower10ym.jpg
Move planets at will. I don't think Gladiator is a lier but it's ok if you don't believe his words.

Thor wins. Let's drop it and move on. I don't want this to become a debate because you have the inability to admit when your lacking support.

That's the problem, I want Thor to win, that's why I picked up the best feats I could find of glads and put them here. That's why it is so disappointing that except for the midgard Serpent you haven't show me anything on par with them. And even the Serpent incident could be argued. As Thor was on a ship which has strong enough engines to counter Thors strength+the serpents weight, well that's an impressive ship! But I don't want to lowball it. The serpent one is nice, old, very old, but still nice wink.

You'd call it hyperbole most likely.

It is, mostly.

You don't want to take Mjolnir into account? A certain "individual" thinks even with Mjolnir, Thor has never done anything nearly as impressive as destroying a planet and the OP said physical power. It is an inherently difficult task as Thor uses Mjolnir often but at least we've established at one point Gladiator can't match Thor. Anyways, closing that dimensional barrier should be sufficient enough to equal planet destroying if nothing else.

I don't because it's idiocy to compare the strike of a fist with a hammerstrike. Mjolnir is a weapon, if you can hit as hard with you fist as with the weapon you wear, you wouldn't need that weapon. And not even you will argue that a hammerstrike is more powerful then a punch, right? And hitting something with Mjolnir or throwing Mjolnir isn't showing Thors real strength, really...
The Dimension was nice but Hercules and Thor did it together and it's not on par with Planetbusting imho. So yes, there should be something else.

I don't want to be mean Rage, but you know as good as me that Mjolnir is making Thors hits much more effective, stronger if you wish. The dimension punch was nice but with Hercules and I hope you have something better.

How about showings of might against other established entities? Thor owning Drax, overpowering and knocking out Surfer, overpowering Annihilus, stalemating Kurse, kicking Mephisto's ass and things of that nature? All more impressive than anything Gladiator has done in my book.

That would derail the thread and give Thor the advantage because he has more appearances and fought more opponents. Yet you can compare all the Glads vs Thor fights, that's ok. wink Wasn't Thor koed by Glads?

Whatever. I wager that we're done here.

Yes we are but no Thor didn't win, not in my book and I'm not even a real supporter... no expression

BTW here, speed+size and still stopped, though like your Asgard feat or the dimension feat, not alone wink.

http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/...surfer020zn.jpg

please wink

Last edited by Prof. T.C McAbe on Jun 19th, 2011 at 08:11 PM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 08:06 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

EDIT:

Lol @Rage
that's a cheap way and not truthful, i mean you Masterson scans. We should take a closer look.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)[URL=http://img116.imageshack.us/my.php?image=89839649vm2.jpg](please log in to view the image)

Masterson used another hero and a cheapshot to win, but in the scan you showed that they are quals we see that the outcome was in favour of Glads wink. Scan 4 and 5

Last edited by Prof. T.C McAbe on Jun 19th, 2011 at 08:15 PM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 08:12 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 08:15 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus
RIP GUY222

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
EDIT:

Lol @Rage
that's a cheap way and not truthful, i mean you Masterson scans. We should take a closer look.

Masterson used another hero and a cheapshot to win, but in the scan you showed that they are quals we see that the outcome was in favour of Glads wink. Scan 4 and 5

erm

In what way was that cheap or not truthful? Because I didn't post the entire battle? I've done it plenty of times -would have if requested- and everyone along with their mother has read it.

I posted the only scan relevant to this discussion. Masterson Thor matched Gladiator in strength and yet I'd give Thor the edge over Masterson Thor in terms of strength. It's really that simple.

What does posting the entire fight actually change? It certainly doesn't affect my argument. I never claimed that Masterson Thor beat Gladiator straight up without any outside assistance. For the record, what Masterson accomplished with the Living Lightning was something he'd be capable on his own.

Yes, they are equals strength wise. Gladiator however was a much more experienced and battle savy fighter in comparison to Masterson. That was the entire point of the battle.

Carver would disapprove, that wasn't the 'real' Gladiator, hence why I didn't post it. I participate in this thread with two particular individuals in mind, hoping that they'll eventually grace us with their presence.

It should be noted that Gladiator exposed a weakness no longer present and was going for the kill while Thor was holding back. For the record, I don't think there's any big gap in strength like some of the people on the other side do. I believe it's within Gladiator's capabilities to knock Thor out -at least with some circumstances present- as he is a peer strength wise. But if push comes to shove, Gladiator is eating dirt one way or another.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jun 19th, 2011 at 09:31 PM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 09:23 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus
RIP GUY222

Yes if you compare the incorrect feats, you would be right but it won't work this way. I will explain it to you in the next quote.

Oh really? This will be interesting.

That's the problem, they are not imho. I'm disappointed to tell you the truth.
The ship had the size of a city

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/99...ervision4bn.jpg
you can see it in the upper left corner. And it had millions tons of weapons on board. And again you are comparing false feats.

Then you need to get your eyes checked.

The ship was large, I know that. I have no idea how big, which is why I ranked it on par with the Asgard feat.

I want you to match them, what you failed to do, really.
And there is need to discuss them if you compare them, anyway. I won't work the way you wish it. It's more like:

Glads lifting a Skyscraper > Thor lifting a Skyskraper

Glads carrying a Ship the size of a city with millions tons of weapons on board at superspeed > Thor supporting a falling Asgard with the help of BRB.

Now youíre just being dishonest. I didnít fail to match the feats you posted, whatís wrong with you?

Iím tired of this crap. Hereís my reply to your initial post:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...=1#post13422341

You showed Gladiator lifting a Skyscraper, and I replied with Thor lifting a Skyscraper along with lifting Asgard. Is that not correct?

You showed Gladiator moving a large ship, and I replied with Thor moving the Midgard Serpent. Is that not correct?

YES OR NO?.

This is why Iím favoring battlezones more and more. You have a set number of posts, and bullshit wonít fly.

Thor moving the Serpent was impressive, though if you are also so into hyperbole
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/...adpower10ym.jpg
Move planets at will. I don't think Gladiator is a lier but it's ok if you don't believe his words.

Yet moments ago you were arguing that the scans I posted were hyperbole and so were invalid.

Gladiator can move planets at will? Cool.

Thor can resist the gravity of a Neutron Star:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...eutronStar1.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...eutronStar2.jpg

Thor can resist his weight multiplied infinitely:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...tsGraviton1.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...tsGraviton2.jpg

That's the problem, I want Thor to win, that's why I picked up the best feats I could find of glads and put them here. That's why it is so disappointing that except for the midgard Serpent you haven't show me anything on par with them. And even the Serpent incident could be argued. As Thor was on a ship which has strong enough engines to counter Thors strength+the serpents weight, well that's an impressive ship! But I don't want to lowball it. The serpent one is nice, old, very old, but still nice wink.

Either you clearly havenít been being attention or youíre just being dishonest.

Ah, the smell of desperation.

It is, mostly.

Uhuh.

I don't because it's idiocy to compare the strike of a fist with a hammerstrike. Mjolnir is a weapon, if you can hit as hard with you fist as with the weapon you wear, you wouldn't need that weapon. And not even you will argue that a hammerstrike is more powerful then a punch, right? And hitting something with Mjolnir or throwing Mjolnir isn't showing Thors real strength, really...

A great deal of the time, writers use Mjolnir as a substitute for his fists. It makes no difference to me if you want to disregard feats involving it. Just as long as you know that most of the time, if Thor dropped Mjolnir, heíd be able to achieve the same level of striking power.

Thatís an extremely stupid thing to say. Do you think if I gave Wonder Woman Mjolnir, sheíd be able to accomplish what Thor has? Itís Thorís might that provides most of the force for throws and what not unless there's a noticeable charge.

Regardless, Iíll continue to post feats involving it. You donít have to reply to them. Hell, you havenít been actually replying to feats at all.

You posted three feats, saw that you lacked any other showings and as a result are attempting to derail the whole thread with this pointless discussion.

The Dimension was nice but Hercules and Thor did it together and it's not on par with Planetbusting imho. So yes, there should be something else.

On what grounds do you argue that planet destroying is superior? Have you done the math? Thereís a reason why I placed them on the same level, because theyíre both ambiguous feats on relatively the same scale of power. As stated, Thor/Hercules had the power to wreck worlds.

I have a feeling that if Thor lifted Mount Everest with assistance from Spider-Man, youíd try to invalidate it by saying he had help. Who cares if Hercules aided him? Heís a physical peer and Gladiator destroyed the planet with 4 all out blows. Christ.

For the record, Thor can affect space/time with his own strength/might:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...ersReality1.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...ersReality2.jpg

I don't want to be mean Rage, but you know as good as me that Mjolnir is making Thors hits much more effective, stronger if you wish. The dimension punch was nice but with Hercules and I hope you have something better.

No, I know more than you and Iím outright claiming that there isnít much -if any- disparity between Mjolnir/Thorís fists on average.

That would derail the thread and give Thor the advantage because he has more appearances and fought more opponents. Yet you can compare all the Glads vs Thor fights, that's ok. wink Wasn't Thor koed by Glads?

That would derail the thread? As opposed to what, this discussion?

laughing out loud I was wondering when you were going to fall back on that defense. Either Gladiator has the feats to match Thor, or he doesnít, itís that simple really.

Yes we are but no Thor didn't win, not in my book and I'm not even a real supporter... no expression

BTW here, speed+size and still stopped, though like your Asgard feat or the dimension feat, not alone wink.

http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/...surfer020zn.jpg

please wink

Only in your head. Itís pretty clear that Thorís feats easily outweigh Gladiatorís. Thereís a reason why Iíve supplied dozens and immediately countered Gladiatorís best three strength feats.

Okay? Youíre free to post whatever you like. I donít care. So far this has been extremely one sided. Gladiator needs whatever feats you can find.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jun 19th, 2011 at 09:34 PM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 09:31 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

In your mind, does it start at planetary level force?

No, not at all. I think planetary level force is to Heralds what Galaxy level force is to Skyfathers: the high end rather than the bread and butter. I think lifting mountains and such is what should be considered an average Herald feat.

I just think that you showing Thor struggling with a skyscraper and needing Spider-Man's help to support it for more than a few seconds is probably something you should have kept to yourself and hoped that Glad's supporters didn't dig it up. To me struggling to support a skyscraper is something I'd expect from someone like Colossus or Iron Man. Thor should be lifting mountains

The second one, BRB and Thor working together to lift Asgard with some strain is better than the first, and if it was just Thor I'd consider it a good feat.

But its Thor AND BRB. When I see two top tiers working together to lift/move something I expect it to be something really big, much larger than Asgard which while massive doesn't appear to be larger than a good sized mountain. As it stands that feat isn't particularly impressive, at least not by the standards set by things like Superman towing the Earth or Thor wrestling the serpent.

ďWhere the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo oíer tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 10:44 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus
RIP GUY222

Originally posted by Omega Vision
No, not at all. I think planetary level force is to Heralds what Galaxy level force is to Skyfathers: the high end rather than the bread and butter. I think lifting mountains and such is what should be considered an average Herald feat.

Really? Then I've posted a fair number of feats that you should consider extremely impressive. I'm assuming you lost interest after the first post.

I just think that you showing Thor struggling with a skyscraper and needing Spider-Man's help to support it for more than a few seconds is probably something you should have kept to yourself and hoped that Glad's supporters didn't dig it up. To me struggling to support a skyscraper is something I'd expect from someone like Colossus or Iron Man. Thor should be lifting mountains

Got it. I have no problem with the showing as Thor was weakened/dazed by outside influences at the time.

The second one, BRB and Thor working together to lift Asgard with some strain is better than the first, and if it was just Thor I'd consider it a good feat.

But its Thor AND BRB. When I see two top tiers working together to lift/move something I expect it to be something really big, much larger than Asgard which while massive doesn't appear to be larger than a good sized mountain.

Meh, Asgard is pretty damn large in regards to size:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...BackAsgard5.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...BackAsgard6.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...GodSkrull27.jpg

As a result Bill/Thor lifting it without any obvious strain isn't something I have any problem with. It's a decent showing.

As it stands that feat isn't particularly impressive, at least not by the standards set by things like Superman towing the Earth or Thor wrestling the serpent.

I tried to make it a one up type of debate as if I posted Thor's best, the Gladiator side would not be able to match the feats. Clark has moved a planet -with help, today people love pointing that out- but similar to Thor overpowering the Midgard Serpent, it's pretty much a high end showing. For Clark, you could post the scene from Beyond and perhaps another showing or two, but from there you can only go down in terms of scale.

Based on your response, I'm guessing in terms of showings, you expect me to start on a scale such as this:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...tchesPlane1.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...tchesPlane2.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums...SmashMeteor.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...ThorvsLoki4.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...gtonBridge2.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...veMountain1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...veMountain2.jpg

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e...narokThor13.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e...narokThor14.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e...narokThor15.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...RedNorvell4.jpg

And then end it on a level such as this:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...rvsGardner6.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...rvsGardner7.jpg

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...stheHeavens.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...anetBuster3.jpg

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...eutronStar1.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...eutronStar2.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...SmallPlanet.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...mWrestling3.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...mWrestling4.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...stialArmor1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...stialArmor2.jpg

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...tterCosmos1.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...tterCosmos2.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...orldengine7.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...orldengine1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...orldengine2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...orldengine3.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...orldengine4.jpg

I'm guessing that's closer to your "Superman" standards? If not, then I'm at a loss as you must know some really good feats that I've not come across. I'm not sure how you feel about claims so I didn't include stuff like it being stated that Thor can bench planets and what not.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jun 19th, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 11:45 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

I'm assuming you lost interest after the first post.

Pretty much this. I don't care much for one sided beat downs. smile

ďWhere the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo oíer tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 01:19 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus
RIP GUY222

Where are all the Gladiator supporters at? H1n8, Carver? Get in here and prove that physical edge you believe he possesses over Thor.

Pretty much this. I don't care much for one sided beat downs. smile

They started it.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 05:09 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Does a hammer throw count as physical power?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 05:34 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

He was weakened/dazed/disoriented by Mongoose's gas.

So what? Asgard is huge:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...BackAsgard5.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...BackAsgard6.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...GodSkrull27.jpg

Much more impressive than a single Skyscraper.

Yea, it's not as if Hercules/Thor struck each other with enough force to close a hole in space/time. Whatever, it's fine, I posted other feats more impressive than destroying a planet.

I don't want this to become a debate. Match the feats posted or concede.
IMO, nothing Thor has done is more impressive than destroying a planet with a few punches. Not even the midgard Serpent feat.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 05:44 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Simbon

Originally posted by h1a8
IMO, nothing Thor has done is more impressive than destroying a planet with a few punches. Not even the midgard Serpent feat.

No calculations?

Xemnu Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 05:49 AM
Simbon is currently offline Click here to Send Simbon a Private Message Find more posts by Simbon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus
RIP GUY222

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Does a hammer throw count as physical power?

I don't see why not, but you'd have to ask the thread starter to be certain.

laughing out loud

This is about the best defense the Gladiator side has. It's pretty pathetic tbh.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 05:54 AM
h1a8

This is about the best defense the Gladiator side has. It's pretty pathetic tbh.
Yeah but it's fantastic as hell. I can't imagine Thor doing anything like that with his fists. But I can imagine Glads doing anything Thor has done strength wise.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 05:59 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Well if it does count I have something that would totally blow away the Gladiator planet feat

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 06:02 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus
RIP GUY222

What are you referring to? Meh, just post it.

Yeah but it's fantastic as hell. I can't imagine Thor doing anything like that with his fists. But I can imagine Glads doing anything Thor has done strength wise.

And that's what we call bias.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 06:08 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Not until I know if it's allowed or not

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 06:16 AM