KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Gladiator (kallark) vs Thor Odinson -- strength feats

Gladiator (kallark) vs Thor Odinson -- strength feats
Started by: psycho gundam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zopzop
Wicked Queen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by inimalist
wouldn't that be akin to saying Iron Man is a base level human because everything he can do is only because of his armour?

Like, "Iron Man can't lift more than Spider-Man, its just his armour"

Mjolnir is a pretty integral part of Thor... It'd be like saying Pumpkin Bombs aren't to be taken into account when discussing Green Goblin...

Wrong. A better example would be : The Silver Surfer and his surfboard. It is an integral part of him, if it's destroyed he can recreate it at will. He doesn't have to go running off to Galactus or need any outside assistance.

Daddy Warbucks created Mjolnir. If it's destroyed, Thor can't recreate it on a whim. Thor didn't enchant that hammer, Daddy did.

In the case of Tony's armor, sure he created it, but it's not a part of him. Tony's genius is what is behind his super powers since ultimately that's what is an integral part of him.

Now all we need is skin.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 05:10 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Wicked Queen

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/...051ws_super.jpg

I do find it amusing that Gladiator's second biggest supporter claims that Bill destroying a planetary body isn't as impressive as we don't know it's actual size but loves this feat.

Did Bill destroy it under his own power? Or did he use a skyfather level artifact called Storm Breaker to do it?

Now all we need is skin.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 05:11 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by zopzop
Wrong. A better example would be : The Silver Surfer and his surfboard. It is an integral part of him, if it's destroyed he can recreate it at will. He doesn't have to go running off to Galactus or need any outside assistance.

Daddy Warbucks created Mjolnir. If it's destroyed, Thor can't recreate it on a whim. Thor didn't enchant that hammer, Daddy did.

In the case of Tony's armor, sure he created it, but it's not a part of him. Tony's genius is what is behind his super powers since ultimately that's what is an integral part of him.

wut.....?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 05:23 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Wicked Queen

wut.....?

Mjolnir isn't a part of Thor, it's "standard equipment". An example of this would be Wonder Woman's Bracers or her Lasso. Or Beta Ray Bill's Stormbreaker.

Thor, Wonder Woman, or Bill didn't create or enchant any of those items and if destroyed they can't just re-create them. When Odin died fighting the Celestials, whoops! There goes all the enchantments he placed on the Hammer! When Mjolnir shattered while breaking Exitar's skull, whoops! There goes the entire hammer! When the hammer broke a third time, Dr. Strange was needed to siphon the Odinforce from Thor and used it to repair Mjolnir. All three times, Thor was FUGGED until on outside agency repaired the hammer.

In the case of Iron Man's armor, sure it's not a part of Tony (it's standard equipment) but it doesn't have to be. Since Tony's REAL power is his mind, the genius that created the IM armor in the first place, IS a part of him. If the IM armor is destroyed, Tony recreates it and no one else using nothing but his genius and whatever materials he needs.

The Silver Surfer's Board is integral to the character. It's been destroyed a few times but the Surfer himself recreated it. He didn't need to run to Galactus or another being to do so. When Stranger melted the board under the Surfer's feet, the Surfer recreated his board on a whim.

Now all we need is skin.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 05:36 PM
tsilamini

impressive cartwheels

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 05:46 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Wicked Queen

impressive cartwheels

Not so impressive reading comprehension skills from you as always. Mjolnir is Thor's "standard equipment" and nothing more. Or are you forgetting the time he fought BRB and Bill got Mjolnir away from him, Thor was fugged no? You know why? Because Mjolnir isn't a part of Thor at all. Thor's sugar daddy enchanted the hammer and among the enchantments were one stating that anyone worthy may wield the hammer. Thor couldn't do jack about it because Thor didn't create the hammer OR enchant the hammer.

Back to thread...

Thor with Mjolnir (a skyfather level artifact) >>>>>>>>>Gladiator. Anyone who disputes that is insane.

The whole reason I even brought it up was because a good portion of the scans Rage used were Mjolnir owning sh-t. Then he told me, the person he was debating stated that even Thor with Mjolnir didn't have the "strength" feats Gladiator did. That person is obviously insane.

In terms of lifting feats we have :

Gladiator lifting the Baxter Building vs Thor lifting an unfinished skyscraper. Gladiator had the better showing.

Then we have Thor and BRB lifting Asgard vs Gladiator heaving the Shi'ar space station loaded with weapons. Inconclusive because we don't know the size of the Shi'ar space station or the weight of the weapons on it plus Thor had help lifting Asgard.

Next we have Thor tugging the Midgard Serpent off the planet but we have nothing now for Gladiator. Pulverizing a planet with your bare hands isn't a quantifiable strength feat (what are you lifting, dragging, etc...?). Thor wins.

Thor wins the feats of strength contest.

Now if you are going to include everything Thor's done with Mjolnir into this, this thread is spite vs Gladiator.

Now all we need is skin.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 06:26 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
SSJKryptonian

Oh really? This will be interesting.

Maybe.

Then you need to get your eyes checked.

Already did.

The ship was large, I know that. I have no idea how big, which is why I ranked it on par with the Asgard feat.

It's the size of a city. I don't have a scanner anymore but I can make a Photo for you with my phone, tonight and upload it, where you can see it. A large citylike complex. And it's full of millions of tons of weapons. Let's say it's on par, so calm down. smile

Now you’re just being dishonest. I didn’t fail to match the feats you posted, what’s wrong with you?

Actually you did. Wait, I will explain it to you in the end, a summary, just for you, it will be...wait for it... interesting.

I’m tired of this crap. Here’s my reply to your initial post:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...=1#post13422341

You don't have to become angry just because I disagree with you. Just a game, calm down.

You showed Gladiator lifting a Skyscraper, and I replied with Thor lifting a Skyscraper along with lifting Asgard. Is that not correct?

Yes a lesser Skyscraper feat as for the Asgard feat, it belongs to the Ship feat, that would be the right way to compare. Understand it? And still the Asgard feat was not as good because BRB was there. But read the summary.

You showed Gladiator moving a large ship, and I replied with Thor moving the Midgard Serpent. Is that not correct?

Yes and this is where I should put something to match it. Something like Glads moving a moon or a Planet. Not only hyperbole, which I did like you did previously, though I don't think it's sufficient.

YES OR NO?.

Relax. You will get a stroke wink.

This is why I’m favoring battlezones more and more. You have a set number of posts, and bullshit won’t fly.

Yet it flies, from your direction to be honest. Again, it's all in the summary. But I don't want to further anger you. You need to calm down your Rage.

Yet moments ago you were arguing that the scans I posted were hyperbole and so were invalid.

I did, like I do with the Glads hyperbole.

Gladiator can move planets at will? Cool.

Most likely.

Thor can resist the gravity of a Neutron Star:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...eutronStar1.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...eutronStar2.jpg

Impressive, durability. Still, resisting the gravity of a star even a neutron star is not the same as pulling or lifting one, is it?

Thor can resist his weight multiplied infinitely:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...tsGraviton1.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...tsGraviton2.jpg

Impressive. It should crush every bone of Thor and of all the other Asgardians who were affected... wait, the others are fine too! Hyperbole? I'm not sure, still impressive. Though he didn't lift anything but himself with higher gravity.

Either you clearly haven’t been being attention or you’re just being dishonest.

I have looked at your scan and didn't see anything compareable to Glads feats, just the one superior Midgard serpent feat (and even one could bother to argue it). And no stryking feat on par with the planet buster that didn't include Mjolnir.

Ah, the smell of desperation.

If i would be desperate i would post the Marvel Handbook entry, that rates Glads strength as incalculable while listing Thors strength as Class 100. But I don't, it doesn't matter to me wink.
Though I'm surprised to see you enraged.

Uhuh.

A great deal of the time, writers use Mjolnir as a substitute for his fists. It makes no difference to me if you want to disregard feats involving it. Just as long as you know that most of the time, if Thor dropped Mjolnir, he’d be able to achieve the same level of striking power.

No he wouldn't, now you talk BullSh!t and you know it. He could break the Armor of an Celestial with his fists? Masterson and Drago could send schockwaves through the galaxy with their fists? Give me a break.

That’s an extremely stupid thing to say. Do you think if I gave Wonder Woman Mjolnir, she’d be able to accomplish what Thor has? It’s Thor’s might that provides most of the force for throws and what not unless there's a noticeable charge.

She would accomplish more, she would gain Thors powers after all +. Well, when Superman couldn't break through the forcefield of Krona, he got Mjolnir and it enchanced his striking power to accomplish this task, didn't it?

Regardless, I’ll continue to post feats involving it. You don’t have to reply to them. Hell, you haven’t been actually replying to feats at all.

Mjolnir strikes >>> Thor's punches. Accept it. I can hit you with a hammer and with my fist, what would hurt more. Jesus. This isn't even arguable.

I have, that's why you are so pissed? Because I don't accept your "feats" like you want me to. Because, truth be told, they aren't worth what you want them to be.

You posted three feats, saw that you lacked any other showings and as a result are attempting to derail the whole thread with this pointless discussion.

On the contrary. I posted 3 feats and saw that it's not neccessary to post more, as you failed to match them. For the lone exception of the midgard serpent, which I admitted is a superior lifting feat.

As for striking feats. Thor didn't do anything as impressive with his FISTS.

On what grounds do you argue that planet destroying is superior? Have you done the math? There’s a reason why I placed them on the same level, because they’re both ambiguous feats on relatively the same scale of power. As stated, Thor/Hercules had the power to wreck worlds.

Wreck worlds... in what time? And you could argue that the Planet was the smallest size possible, like Pluto or the size of our moon, but it's about it. However, the dimension feat however is really ambiguous and it wasn't even accomplished by Thor alone no expression.

I have a feeling that if Thor lifted Mount Everest with assistance from Spider-Man, you’d try to invalidate it by saying he had help. Who cares if Hercules aided him? He’s a physical peer and Gladiator destroyed the planet with 4 all out blows. Christ.

You don't like it because you lack other, more valid, feats?

For the record, Thor can affect space/time with his own strength/might:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...ersReality1.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...ersReality2.jpg

Mjolnir...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 07:12 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
SSJKryptonian

No, I know more than you and I’m outright claiming that there isn’t much -if any- disparity between Mjolnir/Thor’s fists on average.

About Thor yes, about other things, very very unlikely. And your claim is Bullsh!t, and you know it.

That would derail the thread? As opposed to what, this discussion?

laughing out loud I was wondering when you were going to fall back on that defense. Either Gladiator has the feats to match Thor, or he doesn’t, it’s that simple really.

Either Thor has the feats to prove he is superior or he doesn't, he doesn't till now, except the Midgard Serpent.

This discussion is necessary, else you would claim that your feats are equal to Glads, which are not (when comparing the next logical feats, like Skyskraper to Skyskraper). Sorry it won't work that way.

Only in your head. It’s pretty clear that Thor’s feats easily outweigh Gladiator’s. There’s a reason why I’ve supplied dozens and immediately countered Gladiator’s best three strength feats.

No it's not and that's what surprises me. You post dozens of feats which show nothing but hyperbole or strikes/throws with Mjolnir. You claim a lot and fail to prove anything. That's what's so disappointing.
It might impress the audience because they don't look close enough or think about it, but nothing more.

The Midgard Serpent is a good feat, bring more of this calibre.

Okay? You’re free to post whatever you like. I don’t care. So far this has been extremely one sided. Gladiator needs whatever feats you can find.
Oh really? This will be interesting.

Maybe.

Then you need to get your eyes checked.

Already did.

The ship was large, I know that. I have no idea how big, which is why I ranked it on par with the Asgard feat.

It's the size of a city. I don't have a scanner anymore but I can make a Photo for you with my phone, tonight and upload it, where you can see it. A large citylike complex. And it's full of millions of tons of weapons. Let's say it's on par, so calm down. smile

Now youíre just being dishonest. I didnít fail to match the feats you posted, whatís wrong with you?

Actually you did. Wait, I will explain it to you in the end, a summary, just for you, it will be...wait for it... interesting.

Iím tired of this crap. Hereís my reply to your initial post:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...=1#post13422341

You don't have to become angry just because I disagree with you. Just a game, calm down.

You showed Gladiator lifting a Skyscraper, and I replied with Thor lifting a Skyscraper along with lifting Asgard. Is that not correct?

Yes a lesser Skyscraper feat as for the Asgard feat, it belongs to the Ship feat, that would be the right way to compare. Understand it? And still the Asgard feat was not as good because BRB was there. But read the summary.

You showed Gladiator moving a large ship, and I replied with Thor moving the Midgard Serpent. Is that not correct?

Yes and this is where I should put something to match it. Something like Glads moving a moon or a Planet. Not only hyperbole, which I did like you did previously, though I don't think it's sufficient.

YES OR NO?.

Relax. You will get a stroke wink.

This is why Iím favoring battlezones more and more. You have a set number of posts, and bullshit wonít fly.

Yet it flies, from your direction to be honest. Again, it's all in the summary. But I don't want to further anger you. You need to calm down your Rage.

Yet moments ago you were arguing that the scans I posted were hyperbole and so were invalid.

I did, like I do with the Glads hyperbole.

Gladiator can move planets at will? Cool.

Most likely.

Thor can resist the gravity of a Neutron Star:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...eutronStar1.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...eutronStar2.jpg

Impressive, durability. Still, resisting the gravity of a star even a neutron star is not the same as pulling or lifting one, is it?

Thor can resist his weight multiplied infinitely:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...tsGraviton1.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...tsGraviton2.jpg

Impressive. It should crush every bone of Thor and of all the other Asgardians who were affected... wait, the others are fine too! Hyperbole? I'm not sure, still impressive. Though he didn't lift anything but himself with higher gravity.

Either you clearly havenít been being attention or youíre just being dishonest.

I have looked at your scan and didn't see anything compareable to Glads feats, just the one superior Midgard serpent feat (and even one could bother to argue it). And no stryking feat on par with the planet buster that didn't include Mjolnir.

Ah, the smell of desperation.

If i would be desperate i would post the Marvel Handbook entry, that rates Glads strength as incalculable while listing Thors strength as Class 100. But I don't, it doesn't matter to me wink.
Though I'm surprised to see you enraged.

Uhuh.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 07:13 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
SSJKryptonian

A great deal of the time, writers use Mjolnir as a substitute for his fists. It makes no difference to me if you want to disregard feats involving it. Just as long as you know that most of the time, if Thor dropped Mjolnir, heíd be able to achieve the same level of striking power.

No he wouldn't, now you talk BullSh!t and you know it. He could break the Armor of an Celestial with his fists? Masterson and Drago could send schockwaves through the galaxy with their fists? Give me a break.

Thatís an extremely stupid thing to say. Do you think if I gave Wonder Woman Mjolnir, sheíd be able to accomplish what Thor has? Itís Thorís might that provides most of the force for throws and what not unless there's a noticeable charge.

She would accomplish more, she would gain Thors powers after all +. Well, when Superman couldn't break through the forcefield of Krona, he got Mjolnir and it enchanced his striking power to accomplish this task, didn't it?

Regardless, Iíll continue to post feats involving it. You donít have to reply to them. Hell, you havenít been actually replying to feats at all.

Mjolnir strikes >>> Thor's punches. Accept it. I can hit you with a hammer and with my fist, what would hurt more. Jesus. This isn't even arguable.

I have, that's why you are so pissed? Because I don't accept your "feats" like you want me to. Because, truth be told, they aren't worth what you want them to be.

You posted three feats, saw that you lacked any other showings and as a result are attempting to derail the whole thread with this pointless discussion.

On the contrary. I posted 3 feats and saw that it's not neccessary to post more, as you failed to match them. For the lone exception of the midgard serpent, which I admitted is a superior lifting feat.

As for striking feats. Thor didn't do anything as impressive with his FISTS.

On what grounds do you argue that planet destroying is superior? Have you done the math? Thereís a reason why I placed them on the same level, because theyíre both ambiguous feats on relatively the same scale of power. As stated, Thor/Hercules had the power to wreck worlds.

Wreck worlds... in what time? And you could argue that the Planet was the smallest size possible, like Pluto or the size of our moon, but it's about it. However, the dimension feat however is really ambiguous and it wasn't even accomplished by Thor alone no expression.

I have a feeling that if Thor lifted Mount Everest with assistance from Spider-Man, youíd try to invalidate it by saying he had help. Who cares if Hercules aided him? Heís a physical peer and Gladiator destroyed the planet with 4 all out blows. Christ.

You don't like it because you lack other, more valid, feats?

For the record, Thor can affect space/time with his own strength/might:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...ersReality1.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/...ersReality2.jpg

Mjolnir...

No, I know more than you and Iím outright claiming that there isnít much -if any- disparity between Mjolnir/Thorís fists on average.

About Thor yes, about other things, very very unlikely. And your claim is Bullsh!t, and you know it.

That would derail the thread? As opposed to what, this discussion?

laughing out loud I was wondering when you were going to fall back on that defense. Either Gladiator has the feats to match Thor, or he doesnít, itís that simple really.

Either Thor has the feats to prove he is superior or he doesn't, he doesn't till now, except the Midgard Serpent.

This discussion is necessary, else you would claim that your feats are equal to Glads, which are not (when comparing the next logical feats, like Skyskraper to Skyskraper). Sorry it won't work that way.

Only in your head. Itís pretty clear that Thorís feats easily outweigh Gladiatorís. Thereís a reason why Iíve supplied dozens and immediately countered Gladiatorís best three strength feats.

No unfortunatly they don`t else we wouldn't be discussig it. You used dozens of feats that are worth nothing. Strikes/throws with Mjolnir, Hyperbolic statements. The quantity of your post is supposed to outweight the lack of quality of those feats. It might impress the audience that doesn't bother to take a closer look but it does nothing more.

Okay? Youíre free to post whatever you like. I donít care. So far this has been extremely one sided. Gladiator needs whatever feats you can find.

Yes it has been onesided. One side showed 3 feats, done with ease. The other side showed lesser yet similar feats with a struggling Thor, to hide that fact the audience was bombarded with unecessary and unfitting feats, like Hammerthrows or strikes and hyperbolic statements.

Summary:

Three Glads feats: All accomplished with ease. Skyscraper with ease. Citysized ship, easy, planet busting without breaking a sweat.
Impressive how effortlessly he did it.
+ 2 Hyperbolic statements we can throw away.

There is nothing to argue or doubt those feats, done with perfection, without a flaw. One could argue the size of the Planet but that's all.

Feats of Thor. Poisoned with help, struggling to lift a lesser version of a Skyscraper. Struggling to support a dropping Asgard with the Help of BRB. Struggling to pull the Midgard serpent from earth, on a Ship that carries it away. Closing a dimensionrift with Hercules.
+dozens of "feats" that show nothing but the superiority of Mjolnir or hyperbolic statements.

All those feats have a flaw, either someone who helped or Thor struggling to accomplish those feats.

Thor might win the lifting, if one feels generous about the midgard incident but he loses the striking imho.

I give you the win, since you are enraged and start to become insulting, in the next post, I skipped it now after work. I want to keep it civil but this is only possible if both can act mature. It's about comics and fun, I don't like people who feel bold and strong over the internet and bash others, they surely would never dare to speak that way in RL. It's a sign that they feel the wrong in their arguments and don't know another way to react. But anyway, more power to you my boy. Thor is Glads equal in strength, I hope this calms your Rage.

wink

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 07:13 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/...051ws_super.jpg

I do find it amusing that Gladiator's second biggest supporter claims that Bill destroying a planetary body isn't as impressive as we don't know it's actual size but loves this feat.

Hmm...so it once contained a race?

Well assuming that holding a civilization necessitates an atmosphere then that just means that the planet in question is bigger than Earth's moon.

I have no idea why I see Glad supporters stating that the planet was "twice the size of Earth"

ďWhere the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo oíer tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 07:40 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Wicked Queen

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Hmm...so it once contained a race?

Well assuming that holding a civilization necessitates an atmosphere then that just means that the planet in question is bigger than Earth's moon.

Much larger actually. At least Mars size, and Mars is the minimum because, even Mars only has a wisp thin atmosphere. Any planet capable of sustaining intelligent life is gonna need a lot more than that. Large moons like Saturn's Titan are only able to accomplish it because it's so far from the Sun that the extreme cold slows it's atmospheric losses.

Now all we need is skin.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 07:53 PM
tsilamini

Not so impressive reading comprehension skills from you as always. Mjolnir is Thor's "standard equipment" and nothing more. Or are you forgetting the time he fought BRB and Bill got Mjolnir away from him, Thor was fugged no? You know why? Because Mjolnir isn't a part of Thor at all. Thor's sugar daddy enchanted the hammer and among the enchantments were one stating that anyone worthy may wield the hammer. Thor couldn't do jack about it because Thor didn't create the hammer OR enchant the hammer.

so, when talking about any GL, we are to consider them without their rings

when talking about spiderman, we are to consider him without his spider powers

when talking about cap, we consider him without his SSS?

when talking about Man-Thing, we still consider him to be Ted Sallis?

lol, like I said, interesting cartwheels, but you clearly haven't extended this logic beyond wanted to crap on Thor...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 08:25 PM
zopzop
Wicked Queen

so, when talking about any GL, we are to consider them without their rings

when talking about spiderman, we are to consider him without his spider powers

when talking about cap, we consider him without his SSS?

when talking about Man-Thing, we still consider him to be Ted Sallis?

lol, like I said, interesting cartwheels, but you clearly haven't extended this logic beyond wanted to crap on Thor...

Captain America's shield is a part of him? You telling me Batman or Bucky can't pick it up and start using it?

Spider man's powers are INNATE to him ever since the radioactive spider bite. His web shooters aren't. Anyone can use them.

Going back to your "examples", the Super Soldier Serum and the abilities it gave Captain America are innate to him now. But his shield is not. It's his standard equipment.

Now all we need is skin.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 08:38 PM
tsilamini

lol, seriously, I quit at life

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 08:43 PM
Omega Vision

Much larger actually. At least Mars size, and Mars is the minimum because, even Mars only has a wisp thin atmosphere. Any planet capable of sustaining intelligent life is gonna need a lot more than that. Large moons like Saturn's Titan are only able to accomplish it because it's so far from the Sun that the extreme cold slows it's atmospheric losses.

Eh. I said "assuming an atmosphere is required". The race could have been anaerobic and resilient to cosmic radiation and other things that would make an atmosphere unnecessary to fostering life.

I think there's a lot of guess work that makes that feat not necessarily totally unquantifiable (I think we can all agree its an impressive feat, certainly the best that Gladiator has) but very difficult to reliably quantify. And there's absolutely no reason to suggest its bigger than Earth or even as big IMO.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 09:01 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Wicked Queen

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Eh. I said "assuming an atmosphere is required". The race could have been anaerobic and resilient to cosmic radiation and other things that would make an atmosphere unnecessary to fostering life.

I think there's a lot of guess work that makes that feat not necessarily totally unquantifiable (I think we can all agree its an impressive feat, certainly the best that Gladiator has) but very difficult to reliably quantify. And there's absolutely no reason to suggest its bigger than Earth or even as big IMO.

The very fact that it was called a planet and not planetoid or dwarf planet would seem to suggest a large size.

Now all we need is skin.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 09:12 PM
Omega Vision

The very fact that it was called a planet and not planetoid or dwarf planet would seem to suggest a large size.

Dwarf planet wasn't really a common term back then, it came into common usage in the last 5-10 years with the Pluto thing.

I don't think that's a solid argument either, it's still subjective and still renders the feat difficult to quantify.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 09:16 PM
tsilamini

that is true, as most comics are reviewed by astrophysicists prior to publication

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 09:17 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
SSJKryptonian

Are you an idiot or do you lack the ability to read?

When someone lacks the proper arguments and finds no way to win, he retreats to insults. It's not very mature and the point where I have to say, goodbye. I don't like people who are bold and insulting over the internet because they feel secure. In RL those people would be polite and the discussion civilized. The internet destryos all good manners and makes people bold laughing out loud
If it's so important for you, you win, I don't care. It's about comics and fun.

I said I posted the only scan relevant to the discussion at hand, and I did. Gladiator was able to send Masterson flying but not because he was superior:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/...sGladiator4.jpg

ďIÖ.shouldnít have relaxed my grip.Ē

He shouldn't because he lacked the strength to keep up the pressure? Or because he was feeling like doing it? Yeah roll eyes (sarcastic)
Glads was every bit superior.

Like I said, Masterson was not a warrior.

Obviously, weaker and worse at h2h then thor and glads thumb up.

Reading is important and words have meaning. Keep this in mind when debating something involving literature.

Heed your own advice and don't twist them to suit your needs, it's not honest. You surely read more literature then me, the way you act you surely do!!!

Yes, I posted a scan where Loki claimed Masterson was only a tenth as strong as Thor. That was obviously bullshit

It was Bullsh!t. Now you are honest. I'm proud of you. Really.

but it was clear that Masterson was inferior to Thor strength wise as under that same writer, a noticeably amped Loki got his shit pushed in by Thor when he became enraged:

Maybe because Thor is the better fighter and more experienced at using his abilities/Mjolnir? No?

Yet he stomped Masterson.

So? Your point? Masterson lost, to Loki, to Thor and to Glads.

I donít give a shit if you think posting evidence is underhanded but donít spout nonsense about dishonesty. I wonít tolerate that bullshit.

You won't tolerate it !!??!! Then don't make up some Bullsh!t. You already admitted you did, so don't throw with things you cant stand being thrown back in your face.
It was dishonest or cheap.

This debate is about who has the physical edge. A weaker incarnation of Thor was able to stalemate Gladiator in a contest of strength. Nothing I posted was off topic or irrelevant.

Stalemate him? No not really. He was able to hold his own for a few seconds nothing more. Nice try though.

Refer above for the Masterson/Gladiator idiocy.

Hmm, way to go boy, way to go.

Masterson wielded most of the power of Thor. Of course he could accomplish it on his own, how can you claim otherwise? Do you have any idea how far Thorís damage output can go? The Odinson possesses enough power to go so far as to kill Gladiator without much if any fuss. Heís noticeably more powerful than Kallark.

He couldn't and he didn't else he would. He wasn't able to accomplish it, he didn't accomplish it, he needed help. Fact. Accept it. Masterson isn't Thor. What Thor can do and what Masterson mastered to do are two different things.

For the record, it doesnít matter if a Mjolnir blast bounced off his chest. Masterson doesnít know how to use Mjolnir or tap into itís power properly:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...featsRonan1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...featsRonan2.jpg

Yes he doesn't know, that's why he couldn't accomplish it. I think you are your worst enemy. laughing out loud

In that very fight, he forgot about Thorís ability to summon lighting until he saw his teammate.

Yes, we already know that he couldn't accomplish it without the Living Lightning, but it's good to see you accept it.

Then you need to re-read it. Gladiator sent Masterson flying but not because of a strength advantage. It was due to a warrior mindset that Masterson lacked.

Your opinion, and a wrong one imho. But a nice try. wink

Yes.

They won't come. Carver said he has scans of Glads that would blow my mind or something like that, but I think he talkes Bullsh!t like usual.

Thor takes it at least 6/10 against Gladiator in a battle. The Odinson is at least on par with Gladiator physically. All of this is evident.

Never said he isn't. Never doubted it too but now after I saw the best scans you showed me of Thor, I really doubt that they are on par. I believe now Glads being a little bit stronger.

I have literally no idea how in one breath you can claim Gladiatorís feats are impressive and then look down on what Thor has accomplished. Have you not been keeping up with this discussion at all?

I have but you simply throw a lot of scans with nothing but hyperbole or the strikes/throws of Mjolnir, which are impressive but don't show how strong THOR is. I want to see his striking power without Mjolnir, Breaking Celestial Armor with his fists for example. You honestly think he can do that?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 09:20 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
SSJKryptonian

Gladiatorís best feats are lifting a Skyscraper, using all his power to move a Starship the size of a complex, and destroying a planet.

Lifting a Skyscraper with ease, without struggling. He didn't use all his powers, read the comic again. He did it quite easy and at superspeed. And don't lowball the size, it was citysized and had millions tons of weapons on board.

Thorís best strength feats are resisting the gravity of a Neutron Star and having his weight multiplied infinitely, overpowering the Midgard Serpent, overpowering the World Engine itself, and breaking through Celestial Armor in one blow despite planet shattering blows from the Odin Destroyer failing to. Each feat involved little to no usage of Mjolnir.

Impressive, resisting the gravity of a star isn't the same as pulling or moving the star. aving his weight multiplied, impressive, but the other Asgardians suffered the same and lived to tell the tale...Hyperbole?
The Midgard Serpent was impressive, though the ship was the most impressive about it. Thor hold and lifted it, but the Ship was dragging it along. The World Engine, was big and heavy? Celestial Armor, he surely would have broken it without Mjolnir, right? roll eyes (sarcastic) Each feat had a flaw in it. Though as said I like the Serpent-feat.

It's heavily one sided. And I havenít even taken into account heís showings vs. other entities or those involving Mjolnir as you'd b*tch about it.

It is, surprisingly. While Glads did everything with ease you had to put up a lot of scans showing almost nothing to compensate the lesser feats (except the Midgard serpent). It impressed the audience, so it was useful wink. You have shown us other entities and you have shown him using Mjolnir? Either you jest or you forgot something.

That by the way includes stalemating the Hulk, destroying the Infinity Watch and Surfer, rocking entities from Surtur to Galactus, operating on a Galactic and even on a Universal scale etc.

Nice try, lol, cheap but nice.

Not. Even. A. Contest.

It is, and that's your problem. I give you the win and retreat because you fail to behave mature enough. Maybe next time, when we discuss you will think about the lessons your parents teached you (and I'm pretty sure they did) and we can have a polite discussion wink.

So I giv you the win and Thor proved to be on par with Glads, strengthwise I hope you are happy and calm down now big grin.

I forgot something. Since you know so much about Thor. Does he always wear the Belt of Strength, that doubles his strength? Did he wear it in those feats you showed us, especially the midgard Serpent? Just curious.

smile

Last edited by Prof. T.C McAbe on Jun 20th, 2011 at 09:28 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 09:21 PM