KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Sidious and Vader vs. Bane, Zannah and Cognus

Which team takes it?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Team 1 8 66.67%
Team 2 4 33.33%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sidious and Vader vs. Bane, Zannah and Cognus
Started by: axel_jovan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
axel_jovan
Looking around.

Sidious and Vader vs. Bane, Zannah and Cognus

Fight between powerful Sith.

This is OT Sidious and Vader.
Bane has Orbalisks.

Setting: Vjun

Who wins?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2011 11:54 PM
Click here to Send axel_jovan a Private Message Find more posts by axel_jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

It's three on two. Bane and Zannah aren't so far behind Sid and Vader that Cognus doesn't totally tip it.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 01:06 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
axel_jovan
Looking around.

Well, I was thinking that:

Sidious > Bane
Vader =< Zannah + Cognus

So Cognus may or may not tip the scales here, but definitely she makes the fight more even IMO.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 08:57 AM
Click here to Send axel_jovan a Private Message Find more posts by axel_jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

I don't see how Cognus would even tip the scale for her side. Vader would easily crush her.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 04:08 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I don't see how Cognus would even tip the scale for her side. Vader would easily crush her.

Because she's not fighting on her own? Zannah's very powerful, and all Cognus has to do is back her up.

It's not like the third person is just going to stay back during the fights.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 07:38 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

thumb up

Team 1 FTW.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 09:21 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
axel_jovan
Looking around.

Originally posted by Q99
Because she's not fighting on her own? Zannah's very powerful, and all Cognus has to do is back her up.

So the question is: Can Zannah take down Vader on her own?
If so, this whole battle would be much closer than I thought.

I can see Sidious vs. Bane battle dragging out for some time.

Perhaps Vader vs Zannah and Cognus will be decided ealier, and in this case the winner(s) help(s) the team partner to win the fight.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 09:43 PM
Q99

Originally posted by axel_jovan
So the question is: Can Zannah take down Vader on her own?
If so, this whole battle would be much closer than I thought.

I am not sure, but I am pretty sure it would at the very least be an excellent fight whoever wins. Throw in Cognus and I think Vader's in major trouble.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 10:21 PM
Dominis

Originally posted by Q99

It's not like the third person is just going to stay back during the fights.

Cognus is not going to be much help. She is a non-factor. Vader would crush her with the force alone, and then go on defeat Zannah after a decent fight. Zannah's mastery in sorcery would probably give Vader major trouble, but Vader's strength in the force is just too much IMO. He would overwhelm her with his TK.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 10:38 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Cognus is not going to be much help. She is a non-factor. Vader would crush her with the force alone, and then go on defeat Zannah after a decent fight.

You're acting like Vader will be taking them on individually. If Vader attacks Cognus with the force, then Zannah will take advantage of that to strike at him and gain an advantage, probably a significant one.

Then Zannah wins, helps Bane, their team wins.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 11:38 PM
Dominis

Originally posted by Q99
You're acting like Vader will be taking them on individually. If Vader attacks Cognus with the force, then Zannah will take advantage of that to strike at him and gain an advantage, probably a significant one.

Then Zannah wins, helps Bane, their team wins.

You're acting like Zannah is going to speed blitz Vader in the second it would take for him to take Cognus out of the fight. There is going to be some distance between them before the fight begins and Vader will use that as opportunity to take Cognus out of the fight before it even begins.

After Vader defeats Zannah, he helps Sidious to easily destroy Bane, if Sidious hasn't already.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 11:52 PM
Q99

You're acting like Zannah is going to speed blitz Vader in the second it would take for him to take Cognus out of the fight. There is going to be some distance between them before the fight begins and Vader will use that as opportunity to take Cognus out of the fight before it even begins.

Unless Zannah blocks attempts to take Cognus out with the force while they're closing, or does a force attack of her own so that Vader has a choice between taking out Cognus and defending.

Again, you're ignoring teamwork. It does not take a speed blitz for Zannah to take advantage of Cognus on her side. It just takes fighting together. Cognus is not going to attack on her own to get slaughtered.

Last edited by Q99 on Jun 25th, 2011 at 03:11 AM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2011 03:07 AM
Dominis

Originally posted by Q99
Unless Zannah blocks attempts to take Cognus out with the force while they're closing, or does a force attack of her own so that Vader has a choice between taking out Cognus and defending.

Again, you're ignoring teamwork. It does not take a speed blitz for Zannah to take advantage of Cognus on her side. It just takes fighting together. Cognus is not going to attack on her own to get slaughtered.

Zannah barely has enough power to shield herself from a TK attack from Vader. There is nothing she can do to stop Vader from crushing Cognus. All it would take is a second worth of opportunity to take Cognus out of the fight. It doesn't matter how well they can fight as a team when Vader can easily disable Cognus.

Zannah's best bet would be to try and keep herself from getting overwhelmed by Vader's superior raw power and strength in the force, and to use her advantage of sith sorcery to try and defeat Vader.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2011 09:02 PM
Q99

Zannah barely has enough power to shield herself from a TK attack from Vader. There is nothing she can do to stop Vader from crushing Cognus.

If she can shield herself, she can shield someone else or use the one second opportunity of Vader focusing entirely on someone else to attack. Nor do I think one second is going to be enough to take her out unless she gets in saber range. Cognus isn't as useless as you make her out to the best of my knowledge.

quote:
All it would take is a second worth of opportunity to take Cognus out of the fight. It doesn't matter how well they can fight as a team when Vader can easily disable Cognus.

If it was solo and Vader could focus on her, yes. However, all Cognus has to do is provide Zannah an opening, with her life if need be. And it's two on one (or three on two rather), meaning the two are the ones who are going to be able to call the pairings.

If she stays back, behind Zannah, and uses her powers on Vader mid-fight, it strikes me Vader is likely to find himself in trouble.

Last edited by Q99 on Jun 26th, 2011 at 01:53 AM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2011 01:45 AM
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

For a couple of reasons, this is not a battle Sidious and Vader can win:

A. Undeniable movie canon tells us Vader has no defense against Sith Lightning. Dark Lord gave us further canon dialogue stating Vader knew Sidious could short-circuit his armor and kill him anytime he felt like it. Either Zannah or Bane should be able to take him out in an instant, with Bane being incredibly proficient at it...What's Sidious going to do against the 3 of them?

B. Locale - Vjun is a planet with a long intertwined history with the dark side. This is a major factor because Zannah, who most of you seem to vastly underestimate, has a canon feat that gives her an advantage on any world steeped in the Darkside:

"Somehow, Zannah had given substance and corporeality to the dark side, transforming it into half a dozen shadowy, serpentlike minions rising from the ground." (Dynasty of Evil, p. 298)

The book goes on to say how just the tip of one of the tentacles touched Bane's shoulder, dissolving the flesh on contact and sending him, a Dark Lord of the Sith, into shock. Neither Sidious nor Vader would have an answer for the tentacles...Sith Sorcery ftw.

C. Why are we assuming Vader automatically knows he needs to take out the Iktotchi? Q99 already gave us a scenario showing her worth, so I won't waste my breath.

Furthermore, while Sidious is more powerful than Bane, moreso in Force ability, the orbalisks give Bane a combat advantage that borders on spite in a 1:1 match with Sidious, which is how most of you see this playing out.

Lastly, Zannah being "crushed" by Vader and "barely" holding her own in this fight is laughable.

"Zannah's best bet would be to try and keep herself from getting overwhelmed by Vader's superior raw power and strength in the force, and to use her advantage of sith sorcery to try and defeat Vader."

True, Sith Sorcery is her best shot, but she's been stated by Bane himself to be his equal in the dark side. For all we know, after losing all 4 of his natural limbs between Geonosis and Mustafar, Vader's not much more powerful than Zannah. In addition, her lightsaber defense is stated to be inpenetrable...the only other person I've read to receive similar compliments is Obi-Wan. Vader doesn't fare well against this level of defense...

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species that I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2011 02:49 AM
Click here to Send Winter Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Winter Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Darth Creasy
A. Undeniable movie canon tells us Vader has no defense against Sith Lightning. Dark Lord gave us further canon dialogue stating Vader knew Sidious could short-circuit his armor and kill him anytime he felt like it. Either Zannah or Bane should be able to take him out in an instant, with Bane being incredibly proficient at it...What's Sidious going to do against the 3 of them?

Yep, the movie shows us that Vader can't block lightning when he is hauling a Sith Lord over his head with one hand... Not to mention Sidious's lightning is arguably more impressive than Bane's and far more impressive than Zannah's (in fact I don't recall her ever evan using it)...

quote:
B. Locale - Vjun is a planet with a long intertwined history with the dark side. This is a major factor because Zannah, who most of you seem to vastly underestimate, has a canon feat that gives her an advantage on any world steeped in the Darkside:

"Somehow, Zannah had given substance and corporeality to the dark side, transforming it into half a dozen shadowy, serpentlike minions rising from the ground." (Dynasty of Evil, p. 298)

Except in that case the dark forces on the planet were uniquely locked away. Not to mention these dark forces were strong enough to wipe out nearly all life on the planet... Yeah, somehow I doubt Zannah is going to be able to use that move here.

quote:
The book goes on to say how just the tip of one of the tentacles touched Bane's shoulder, dissolving the flesh on contact and sending him, a Dark Lord of the Sith, into shock. Neither Sidious nor Vader would have an answer for the tentacles...Sith Sorcery ftw.

Yeah they do... It's called killing Zannah. Not to mention these tendrils, if I'm not mistaken, aren't shown to pierce inorganic material meaning they would be ineffective against Vader. And once again there is no reason to believe she can use them here.

quote:
Furthermore, while Sidious is more powerful than Bane, moreso in Force ability, the orbalisks give Bane a combat advantage that borders on spite in a 1:1 match with Sidious, which is how most of you see this playing out.

Lol what? Bane with Orbalisks is good but not invincible. Four Jedi were able to take him out and only two of those were really any use in combat. No way is it spite.

quote:
Lastly, Zannah being "crushed" by Vader and "barely" holding her own in this fight is laughable.

I really don't see much of a chance for Zannah. Vader has insane feats such as shaking the entire Jedi Temple, overloading lightsabers, and using the DS to reduce people to ash. He may not "crush" her but he should win solidly.

quote:
True, Sith Sorcery is her best shot, but she's been stated by Bane himself to be his equal in the dark side.

Which, going by feats, is untrue. Bane was able to hold her back merely with his lightning. Her only chance to beat Bane was using her dues ex machina powers on Ambria.

quote:
For all we know, after losing all 4 of his natural limbs between Geonosis and Mustafar, Vader's not much more powerful than Zannah.

Vader has far better feats... So we do know that he is much more powerful.

Last edited by ares834 on Jun 26th, 2011 at 04:52 AM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2011 04:38 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by Q99
If she can shield herself, she can shield someone else or use the one second opportunity of Vader focusing entirely on someone else to attack. Nor do I think one second is going to be enough to take her out unless she gets in saber range. Cognus isn't as useless as you make her out to the best of my knowledge.

Huh? She doesn't need to be in lightsaber range for Vader to take her out of the fight. And Zannah is not powerful enough to shield both herself and Cognus at the same time from someone as powerful as Vader. Vader is one of the most powerful sith in the entire mythos. Zannah would be very stupid to divert her force defenses on Cognus.

Originally posted by Q99
If it was solo and Vader could focus on her, yes. However, all Cognus has to do is provide Zannah an opening, with her life if need be. And it's two on one (or three on two rather), meaning the two are the ones who are going to be able to call the pairings.

One second is not enough for Zannah to do any real damage to Vader especially if there is distance between them, unless you're saying Zannah will blitz Vader, which I highly doubt.

And it doesn't matter how they are paired. Cognus is a non-factor for Sidious or Vader.

Originally posted by Q99
If she stays back, behind Zannah, and uses her powers on Vader mid-fight, it strikes me Vader is likely to find himself in trouble.

Seriously?

Last edited by Dominis on Jun 26th, 2011 at 05:08 AM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2011 04:56 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

For a couple of reasons, this is not a battle Sidious and Vader can win:

thumb up

Provided Bane can hit him with a full blast of Sith Lightning I see no reason to oppose this. Whether he could is another matter. He is extremely powerful. Though oddly enough he was unable to block Mareks Sith Lightning. Since Bane's is demonstratably superior I'd say that he woldn't.

quote:

thumb up x2 combo!

People shouldn't underestimate Zannah. She has really good feats. I'd put her at about Vaders level of overall power andskill, but the tentacles will finish him imo. He isn't nearly agile enough to evade them.

quote:
C. Why are we assuming Vader automatically knows he needs to take out the Iktotchi? Q99 already gave us a scenario showing her worth, so I won't waste my breath.

Cognus only appears as an untrained apprentice. She doesn't even know how to weild a lightsaber. She's not doing much imo.

quote:

Oh noes Sids vs Bane debate everyone run awaaaaaay!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Bane'd win.

quote:

"Zannah's best bet would be to try and keep herself from getting overwhelmed by Vader's superior raw power and strength in the force, and to use her advantage of sith sorcery to try and defeat Vader."

True, Sith Sorcery is her best shot, but she's been stated by Bane himself to be his equal in the dark side. For all we know, after losing all 4 of his natural limbs between Geonosis and Mustafar, Vader's not much more powerful than Zannah. In addition, her lightsaber defense is stated to be inpenetrable...the only other person I've read to receive similar compliments is Obi-Wan. Vader doesn't fare well against this level of defense...

Again, Zannah is not to be underestimated. She did beat Bane after all.

But her defence was penetrated by Bane through sheer power in ROT and was likewise ineffective against the Jedi she fought. Given the praise Vaders raw strength is given in TFU and other sources, I'd say he would get through it.

Huh? She doesn't need to be in lightsaber range for Vader to take her out of the fight. And Zannah is not powerful enough to shield both herself and Cognus at the same time from someone as powerful as Vader. Vader is one of the most powerful sith in the entire mythos. Zannah would be very stupid to divert her force defenses on Cognus.

She can shield herself from a planet-wide Force Storm as an untrained child but not Vader? Yeah, no.

quote:
One second is not enough for Zannah to do any real damage to Vader especially if there is distance between them, unless you're saying Zannah will blitz Vader, which I highly doubt.

Force Tentacles of ikky penetration say otherwise.

quote:
Seriously?

Her Force blunting powers were enough to make Bane pause. They'll be a definate distraction, enough for Zannah to lay down a whoopin' on his ass.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jun 26th, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2011 10:07 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ares834
Yep, the movie shows us that Vader can't block lightning when he is hauling a Sith Lord over his head with one hand...

He couldn't block Mareks either.

quote:
Not to mention Sidious's lightning is arguably more impressive than Bane's

no

quote:
Except in that case the dark forces on the planet were uniquely locked away. Not to mention these dark forces were strong enough to wipe out nearly all life on the planet... Yeah, somehow I doubt Zannah is going to be able to use that move here.

It being locked away in fact shows that she can use it. If all the darkside was locked away in Lake Nath, and Zannah drew the power for her tentacles 'from the soil and stone of Ambria itself' she wasn't drawing on the planet-wiping power.

quote:
Yeah they do... It's called killing Zannah. Not to mention these tendrils, if I'm not mistaken, aren't shown to pierce inorganic material meaning they would be ineffective against Vader. And once again there is no reason to believe she can use them here.

'The material of his clothes melted away as if it had been splashed with acid. A chunk of flesh beneath simply dissolved, and Bane screamed in agony.'

quote:
Lol what? Bane with Orbalisks is good but not invincible. Four Jedi were able to take him out and only two of those were really any use in combat. No way is it spite.

I agree that its not spite, but don't diminish Bane because of that fight.

quote:
I really don't see much of a chance for Zannah. Vader has insane feats such as shaking the entire Jedi Temple, overloading lightsabers, and using the DS to reduce people to ash. He may not "crush" her but he should win solidly.

Zannah has replicated those feats.

Quote for the ash part?

quote:
Which, going by feats, is untrue. Bane was able to hold her back merely with his lightning. Her only chance to beat Bane was using her dues ex machina powers on Ambria.

'Merely with his lightning?' As opposed to what, his dick?

Also, quote?

quote:
Vader has far better feats... So we do know that he is much more powerful.

No he doesn't and no we don't. Zannah defeated Bane people. Stop underestimating her.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jun 26th, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2011 10:34 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trineas

Marek overloaded and destroyed an AT-AT with his lightning. Can Bane even match that kind of power?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2011 11:18 AM
Click here to Send Trineas a Private Message Find more posts by Trineas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote