KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Best Movies Of The Last Year ...

THE BEST MOVIE OF THE LAST YEAR
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Minority Report 3 16.67%
Gangs of New York 1 5.56%
The Two Towers 14 77.78%
Catch Me If You Can 0 0%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Best Movies Of The Last Year ...
Started by: master harmax

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
master harmax

The Best Movies Of The Last Year ...

It's that time of the year again ... so here's a poll ... don't ask me why I havent included Ep.2 amongst the options ... in my humble opinion, although I DID watch it 4 times as a Star Wars fan, AND it did manage to get me into "escape into fantasy land" mode for 2 hours and 20 minutes, AND it had fantastic visual effects and sound ... still it doesnt merit a place, purely as a movie, in the same bracket as my other 4 choices ... my personal vote ? It was really hard to have to chose between The Two Towers, and Catch Me If You Can ... but I chose Catch Me If You Can ... simply because of Spielberg's direction ... he's my favourite movie director alive today ... he's an artist ... beyond being just a great movie director, and its like he's got his own stamp ... u can tell a Spielberg film straight off in the first two minutes ... he's got a unique style and signature that's beyond mastery ... it's artistry. Having said that, its not that I enjoyed The Two Towers any the less, or that I thought of it less as a picture in any way than Catch Me .... in fact, seeing it the first time ( although it was a bootleg copy ), was an experience I wont forget my whole life ... it was electrifying ... AND inspiring. It's gonna release in theatres here in about two weeks, and I'm gonna try to watch it many times. I just chose Catch Me .... because of my partiality to Spielberg's magic unique touch.

Enough of my rambling ! The poll is up, and votes are invited .... !

Last edited by master harmax on Mar 10th, 2003 at 12:46 AM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2003 12:43 AM
master harmax is currently offline Click here to Send master harmax a Private Message Find more posts by master harmax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

out off all those two towers, but i think one hour photo was the best of last year.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2003 01:32 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obsessed
Umm...grr?

Only 3 votes...but still an overwhelming decision.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2003 04:47 AM
Obsessed is currently offline Click here to Send Obsessed a Private Message Find more posts by Obsessed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

GANGS OF NEW YORK is the best out of those movies, so it had my vote.

But ROAD TO PERDITION and ABOUT SCHMIDT were better that GANGS.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Mar 10th, 2003 04:56 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obsessed
Umm...grr?

Road to Perdition...most definitely.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2003 05:02 AM
Obsessed is currently offline Click here to Send Obsessed a Private Message Find more posts by Obsessed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
posted by Harmax
but I chose Catch Me If You Can

Not in this poll you did.

Two towers for sure
Rented Road to Perdition this weekend what a huge disappointment.
thumb down for that one. Biggest disappointment so far, I had such great expectations for this one but it really was a let down.

Gonna see Cattch me if you can either tonight or on wednesday

Old Post Mar 10th, 2003 06:27 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

yeah i was disapointed with roads to perdition too. it was very very slow

Old Post Mar 10th, 2003 06:32 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Gangs of New York, hmm ok flick great U2 tune and Daniel Day Lewis was awesome as always

Old Post Mar 10th, 2003 06:35 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Boy
Kevski

Only 4 films??????

www.myspace.com/throughsolace
Through Solace- The Stand out in March 08 on Holdfast Records

Old Post Mar 10th, 2003 09:47 AM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

and AOTC aint a nominee eek! in a SW boardeek!

Old Post Mar 10th, 2003 09:49 AM
El_Mariachi

Two Towers is the best of the four

Old Post Mar 10th, 2003 10:04 AM
El_Mariachi is currently offline Click here to Send El_Mariachi a Private Message Find more posts by El_Mariachi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

the best movie last year was Spirited Away.
but out of those; Two Towers

Old Post Mar 10th, 2003 11:48 AM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hurk

I havent seen any of those, but I liked Jason X and Halloween 8 the best

Old Post Mar 10th, 2003 11:48 PM
Hurk is currently offline Click here to Send Hurk a Private Message Find more posts by Hurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Out of those I have only seen Minority Report.

So I had to vote for that, although if I had seen TTT I probably would have voted for that.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2003 12:03 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

My pick is the Two Towers, i think Minority Report was higly overarted, same as Vanilla Sky, i did enjoyed Halloween 8, it was better than i thought.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2003 02:06 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

Gangs of New York did roll on the movies two weeks ago,didn't see it and Catch Me If You Can haven't been here.....so i could only say TTT, because minority report sucked...blink

"Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese, you're goin' right to ****in' hell!" Chikushoo

Old Post Mar 11th, 2003 07:08 AM
Mujaffa is currently offline Click here to Send Mujaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Mujaffa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
master harmax

I clicked on the wrong option by mistake ... I meant to choose Catch Me ... but by an error of mouse, I clicked on Two Towers instead... :-(

Old Post Mar 11th, 2003 07:42 AM
master harmax is currently offline Click here to Send master harmax a Private Message Find more posts by master harmax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

dont blame it on the mouse roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 11th, 2003 10:42 AM
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

blame the person in controll..saddam hussein or george bush...

"Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese, you're goin' right to ****in' hell!" Chikushoo

Old Post Mar 11th, 2003 08:41 PM
Mujaffa is currently offline Click here to Send Mujaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Mujaffa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
master harmax

Hey Ush ! Gimme some help here ! Change my vote puhlleeeaase ... from Two Towers, to Catch me if u can .... smile

Old Post Mar 11th, 2003 11:44 PM