KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Sebastian Shaw!

Respect Sebastian Shaw!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007

...Not to mention he had effortlessly dominated Colossus years earlier. /shrug
True, but Colossus was holding back because he thought Shaw was a normal human. Still props to Shaw though.

Anyways nice thread, it's about damm time.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2011 03:00 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by juggernaut74
True, but Colossus was holding back because he thought Shaw was a normal human. Still props to Shaw though.

Anyways nice thread, it's about damm time.
Actually if you read the scans, Colossus stopped holding back against Shaw and still got stomped... But enough spam, thanks for the props! smile

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2011 04:05 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Galan there may also be a scene missing where Shaw was stuck in a energy bubble and punched his way out. Every punch he threw made him stronger or something like that.

And I'd put his fight with Namor in there also. He stopped a Imperious Rex punch from Namor with his hand and in the same issue he broke Norman Osborn's finger.

Last edited by juggernaut74 on Jul 16th, 2011 at 02:54 PM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2011 02:48 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Funny. I threw this thread together so quickly that I completely forgot to add those feats in. Much obliged. smile

Section II: Absorption/Battle/Strength feats

Sebastian shatters a prison designed to house mutants and absorb their energies, in order to empower the Cronus Device (a task not even Gambit was capable of, apparently):

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Also note that each time Shaw punched the prison, he absorbed the subsequent energy released, thereby making him a bit stronger with each strike. ie. whether he punches something, or something punches him, physical strikes increase Shaw's power. Period.

---

A quick scuffle between Sebastian and Namor:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Considering Namor has gone toe-to-toe with the likes of Hulk (among many others) in the past, the fact that Sebastian was able to tank an "Imperius Rex!" punch, AND bloody up Namor in the process, is extremely impressive.

---

Just to put more emphasis on these scans, and Shaw's level of strength- Rogue /w/ Ms. Marvel's power compared a b*tchslap from Shaw (a b*tchslap which sent her plowing through an entire building, btw), to a punch from Hulk. Shaw then proceeds to one-shot her:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 16th, 2011 at 09:36 PM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2011 09:23 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Shaw beats the bejesus out of Iron Man and Wolverine:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

---

An intellectual feat: after acquiring the parts from Tony, Shaw was able to rebuild Doom's time machine from the ground up:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 08:45 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

What issue is that?

BTW does anybody have any scans from Avengers Academy? I heard Shaw beats some people up in there.

Old Post May 18th, 2012 02:13 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Naw, he didn't beat anybody up. He got locked in a cell that drained his energy if he tried to charge up by punching the walls, so he asked for some books. Then he spent like 8 hours smacking himself in the forehead with em' until he had enough charge to break free.

Old Post May 18th, 2012 02:59 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Shaw builds up enough power to break out of a prison designed to absorb kinetic energy, via smacking himself in the head with a book for several hours. It is also insinuated that Shaw can absorb a punch from Thor:

---

As he dishes out some ownage, Shaw explains that he isn't limited to just absorbing kinetic energy. He can absorb ANY form of energy... Electricity in this case:

---

Shaw absorbs the MAGICAL energies of Hercules' sword-strike, before owning him:

---

Owns Tigra:

Old Post May 18th, 2012 05:11 AM
KingD19

Good showing, but a lot of inconsistencies.

Like up until First Class, Shaw was specifically kinetic energy. Years of him being only able to absorb kinetic energy. Now they're making him Bishop.

Box doesn't "wear" armor, he downloads his consciousness and body into the armor.

Old Post May 18th, 2012 05:21 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Apparently they're retconning Shaw's abilities in a sense. Per Avengers Academy, he has always been able to absorb all types of energy, but kinetic energy simply powers him up the most efficiently.

...I will say that he appeals to me less now. Cool ownage, but he's becoming more Rulk-like. thumb down

Old Post May 18th, 2012 05:29 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I agree.

Seems unnecessary and more along the lines of a "what the hell, let's give him a power up".

Cool scans, though.

Old Post May 18th, 2012 05:36 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Yes, it seems like they're saying. "Let's make Shaw that much harder to put down now that he got owned once"

Old Post May 18th, 2012 05:41 AM
Smurph
------

I dunno, he was already able to absorb electric energy and other stuff, at least through lightning and other forms of attack.

I think this is just writers demonstrating that they don't really understand how expansive the term 'kinetic energy' really is.

Old Post May 18th, 2012 07:29 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Last time Storm hit him with lightning he got one-shotted I believe.

Old Post May 18th, 2012 07:46 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You mean in Ororo/Shaw first encounter?

Old Post May 18th, 2012 04:18 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I like it. I wish that was a powered Herc he fought. Shaw has always been a beast and with the current things that was recently shown in this comic, it was needed.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 18th, 2012 07:52 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You mean in Ororo/Shaw first encounter?

I believe so.

Old Post May 18th, 2012 08:18 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by carver9
I like it. I wish that was a powered Herc he fought. Shaw has always been a beast and with the current things that was recently shown in this comic, it was needed.
So do I. Shaw's a villain and he needs to be uber.

Old Post May 18th, 2012 09:11 PM
KingD19

He already was uber. There was no need to make him Bishop or Vulcan.

Old Post May 18th, 2012 09:21 PM
YFZ 350

He owned Box hard.

"The 350 twin is still the king of the dunes"

Old Post May 18th, 2012 10:57 PM
YFZ 350 is currently offline Click here to Send YFZ 350 a Private Message Find more posts by YFZ 350 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote