KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » John Carter

John Carter
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

Is everyone in Australia as high-strung as you?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2012 07:03 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm far from being "high-strung"... unlike a certain someone who's trolling around on the forum at the moment.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2012 07:14 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Who would that be?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2012 07:58 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jan 14th, 2012 08:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Who would that be?

I like to consider Kazenji, the Mindy to my Mork. wink

Old Post Jan 14th, 2012 09:04 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Fair enough.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2012 09:20 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Play nice, GENTLEmen... erm

Originally posted by Kazenji
More footage in a new tv spot

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...9/news/?a=52794

Another nice little trailer. Bomb or not, I still think this movie is gonna f*cking rock. I'm really enjoying reading the novels and this looks like a pretty awesome adaptation. I'm not sure Dejah Thoris is quite as beautiful as she should be, but perhaps I'm just not getting good enough of a look at her. I'm f*cking psyched about this.

But yeah, it will be hard for it to overcome a $250 million budget if it isn't marketed properly. Perhaps they're counting on word-of-mouth. I hope it does well, cuz the second book is f*cking awesome. I soooo want to see this turn into a franchise.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Jan 14th, 2012 at 03:10 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2012 03:07 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I'll play nice with your Mom, bro. j/k lol. She'll get it hard.

- -

THEY NEED MOAR VIRAL MARKETING.

Get some sponsors from fast food and shit. "BUY A LARGE SODA AT MCDONALDS AND YOU MIGHT WIN TWO FREE TICKETS TO "JOHN CARTER", IN THEATERS _______"

etc etc.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2012 05:48 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Haha.. don't talk shit about my mom!! mad Haha.. stick out tongue

Yeah, they totally need to do the fast food thing if it's gonna stand a chance. Maybe that stuff will start kicking in in February or something.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2012 06:15 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

I'm neither

yet i'm still interested in this movie.

But Kazenji, you are on these forums. And you have time and inclination to go to movie websites to find news about the film. So you do have some time to fiddle around the movie forums. big grin

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2012 07:03 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

New international poster

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 07:49 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Hm.. not a big fan of that one. But I hope the Japanese are!!

This is definitely my favorite poster so far...

Attachment: imax_poster_shrink.gif
This has been downloaded 59 time(s).

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 03:11 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

How about this for marketing... this should inform a few folks...

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 01:40 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Like I've said previously...it's the no-brain title that's letting the publicity down.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 06:11 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Hm.. not a big fan of that one. But I hope the Japanese are!!

This is definitely my favorite poster so far...

Thats a alot better poster then the first you found with him riding that alien beast.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 06:52 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Like I've said previously...it's the no-brain title that's letting the publicity down.

Well, they really shouldn't change the title. So I guess there's nothing they can really do about that. I thought the same thing at first, but now that I've read some of the stories, the title works. I think people might not notice that it's set on a fictional Mars, since they've taken Mars out of the title. So that might cause some confusion. I mean, it's kind of a strange story! Sci-fi often is... and the public often has trouble with that. But oh well, I love it. I guess Disney is banking on the strength of the stories (he's an excellent writer) and he seems like a strong director, so I have high hopes.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 12:14 PM
queeq
Chaos

I think this movie is gonna suck.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 09:11 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I want to see this movie real bad. I always liked the comic. I just wonder if they will get it right.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 05:55 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The 4 armed green aliens look really kid friendly compared to how they draw them in the comics

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...ew&id=11309

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 08:15 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

The 4 armed green aliens look really kid friendly compared to how they draw them in the comics

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...ew&id=11309

I thoroughly disagree. That illustration is a little over-the-top to the point that it looks silly. I think the design for the movie looks perfect. These are at least as scary as anything from Pirates of the Caribbean (I think they're better, personally). They were apparently going for some sympathetic green men and some mean enemy green men. Hence the difference between these two.

Attachment: comparison (sized).jpg
This has been downloaded 40 time(s).

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 11:16 AM