KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » The Amazing Spiderman (2012)

The Amazing Spiderman (2012)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Wait, they're really using that toothless and clawless incarnation? no expression

Old Post Jul 30th, 2011 11:59 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The Dark Knight Rises is Nolan's last Batman movie, and Bale has insinuated he won't be back for more without Nolan. It's conceivable that DC might try and continue it with a new director and Batman actor or throw an ass ton of cash at Bale to get him back (which I think is unlikely as he is one of the worst things about the current Bat trilogy), but with the Avengers posed to hit the box office like a world ending meteorite, the smart bet is on DC relaunching the Batman franchise with slightly more levity in away that will lead into a potential JLA movie. The sad thing is that DC and WB really don't have there shit together, so who knows what they will do without Nolan guiding the reigns.

People are not happy that the lizard apparently looks like the old 70s cartoon Lizard / the original comic book lizard, and not like he looks currently.

They already had a potential JLA movie only a couple years ago and they bailed on it.

They would be foolish to relaunch Batman again, after a successful series of films. It wouldn't be the same. The rumors I saw after looking this up say that Nolan might stay on as a producer, which might entice Bale to stay on (if they make more films).

Old Post Jul 31st, 2011 12:35 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by LanceWindu
They already had a potential JLA movie only a couple years ago and they bailed on it.

They would be foolish to relaunch Batman again, after a successful series of films. It wouldn't be the same. The rumors I saw after looking this up say that Nolan might stay on as a producer, which might entice Bale to stay on (if they make more films).

They bailed because it was a stupid, confusing idea to have JLA movie out with different actors playing Batman and Superman, while Nolan was still making Batman movies, and Superman Returns still potentially could have gotten a sequel. Marvel's strategy of introducing the characters and actors in solo films and then bringing them together is a completely different ball game. If Avengers works, and cleans up at the box office DC is going to want to do the same thing, and they need a less grounded Batman to do it. Especially since WB is going to want to fill the Potter void with a sustainable franchise with a lot of draw.

TDKR is going to make so much money that it is conceivable WB could throw enough money at Nolan to stay on as producer, but other than Spielberg, who allegedly decided to take over as director on a few of the films he was producing, producers aren't heavily involved in the creative process. The amount of directors that could step into Nolan's shoes are few and far between... and that number gets smaller when it is narrowed to directors that would do it on the forth film in a franchise. If the don't reboot I'd be surprised... but maybe with Nolan gone DC decides "Actually Superman does exist in Nolan's Batman-verse!", and they use Bale as the lynch pin of a JLA movie.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jul 31st, 2011 05:41 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I seriously doubt that just because Nolan doesnt do anymore batman films,that warner wont continue with sequals.They will do the same thing they did when Burton left Batman,continue the story.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2011 06:25 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* will they include this film with the Marvel Cinematic Universe? i mean, does it have any tie-ins or crossovers with the other movies like Hulk, Capt. America, Thor and Ironman?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 09:39 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Thats only with the Marvel Studio's movies.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 09:40 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah, no X-Men or Spidey.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 01:57 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* that sucks... i hope Marvel Studios can have exclusive rights to all of their characters/comics in movies... it's nice to see crossovers...

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2011 03:57 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
wanna talk about so soon look at how batman is getting rebooted right after The Dark Knight Rises. lol

Arrgghh Dnt even get me started on the possibility of a Batman reboot!

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
but maybe with Nolan gone DC decides "Actually Superman does exist in Nolan's Batman-verse!", and they use Bale as the lynch pin of a JLA movie.

Yes Using the Batman from this hugely successful Batman franchise as the lynch pin of a JL movie would be the only way for the JL to have huge potential.

Just like Marvel have capitalized on the success of Iron Man by using him as the lynch pin for the Avengers movie (also using him to market the other Avengers).

Last edited by Darth Thor on Aug 2nd, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2011 12:49 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by peejayd
* that sucks... i hope Marvel Studios can have exclusive rights to all of their characters/comics in movies... it's nice to see crossovers...

yeah pisses me off that they couldnt aquire spidermans rights in time. mad that makse no sense,THEY are the ones stand lee sold the rights to and its a creation of their,not sonys,why the hell does sony get it? mad thats the other thing that makes me weary they will do it right this time even though they are giving him the shooters and gwen is in it.I just dont feel good about it especially after they gave him those stupid black sunglasses. mad come on.makes me feel like they are making that joke live action tv show all over again seeing those. mad

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2011 09:25 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by LanceWindu

If the rumor is true that Nolan doesnt plan on using Robin,I actually want Nolan gone.. mad although it would be hard to get someone so easily to replace Bale.

yeah that would be really foolish to relaunch a batman series and not continue the film series.dont see that happening.their not stupid.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2011 09:27 PM
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Mr Parker
If the rumor is true that Nolan doesnt plan on using Robin,I actually want Nolan gone.. mad although it would be hard to get someone so easily to replace Bale.

yeah that would be really foolish to relaunch a batman series and not continue the film series.dont see that happening.their not stupid.

You're on crack. We don't need a Robin in the Nolan-verse.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 03:25 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

lulz... You're joking right?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 03:28 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

makes me feel like they are making that joke live action tv show all over again seeing those. mad

No this was THE JOKE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOtpeYERu9w

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2011 12:12 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

If Avengers cleans up like predicted Disney might try to buy back some movie rights. They can probably get F4 back for a reasonable price, but they will have to pay out their ass for X-Men and Spider-man.

While I wish that Marvel had X-Men and Spidy, the fact that several different studios have rights to these characters does have some benefits. It means we get more of them every year then we would if they were all coming from Disney.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 12:48 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* maybe that's the reason why they introduced several new X-men characters in First Class, instead of the Original Five (Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Angel & Beast)... why they're taking out new characters? to spread their gallery/scope in Marvel, i think it's a first-come-first-serve basis, like "ooh! we featured Havok and Banshee first! so you (other studio productions) can't use them in your films!" in fact, they're gunning for several potential sequels/prequels for X-men... which is sad... i hope X-men goes home (Marvel studios) to where they really belong... an Avengers-X-men team up is a good movie to see!

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 09:42 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

For Cameo's i would like to see Punisher show up in a Spider-Man movie.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 10:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Originally posted by Kazenji
For Cameo's i would like to see Punisher show up in a Spider-Man movie.

* Daredevil... smile

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 01:10 AM
Pallas

He's got a loooooong neck! I really don't care what he looks like. As long as the dude can act. If he can bring the character alive, let it be done.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 04:41 PM
Pallas is currently offline Click here to Send Pallas a Private Message Find more posts by Pallas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Marvel recently reaquired the rights to Punisher and I believe Blade. Due to the 5 year rule. FF should be theirs soon as well.
Marvel haven't retained DD due to him appearing in Elektra. So a little more time.

Fox will not stop making Xmen films and Sony Spidey so they will have to be brought. Hopefully Sony's financial troubles will open options.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2011 04:02 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote