KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » The Amazing Spiderman (2012)

The Amazing Spiderman (2012)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Looks AWSOME! This is the Spidey movie they should have made in the first place!

yeah this is the REAL spiderman,the other was a phony, watered down, neautered version..

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2012 04:01 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

[QUOTE=13732409]Originally posted by BuntyBubly
[B]Ya agree with you. Emma is looking vert hot as Gwen Stacy.

agreed as well.

that was the biggest mistake they made was killing off gwen.I always hated it that Peter would be so desperate for a girl he would settle for MJ.Mj should never have been anything but a friend of his.Thats the thing I have always hated about hollywood is neither the cartoons or the movies have yet to portray her properly.They both made her like gwen stacy,nice and sweet where in the comics she was a stuck up,airheaded b!tch who was inconsiderate and rude half the time and pete actually SETTLED for someone like that? hope they get it right this time and finally portray Mj's character properly.It was like Batman 89 having the joker kill Bruces parents,that never sat well with me.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2012 04:01 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Mr Parker
[QUOTE=13732409]Originally posted by BuntyBubly
[B]Ya agree with you. Emma is looking vert hot as Gwen Stacy.

agreed as well.

that was the biggest mistake they made was killing off gwen.

You talking about the comics, or the movies? Because that only happened in the comics. You're blaming Stan Lee, Gerry Conway and Marvel editorial for it, as a mistake? Because however sad and shocking an event it was for fans, it's part of the mystique that always made Marvel different & great. Heroes weren't supposed to fail to save the day, but it made the Marvel characters more real when things like that happened. We wouldn't see something like that out of a DC character until Jason Todd's death in 1988 (and it was cheapened by having it attached to a phone-in vote.)

I'm glad they being a bit more faithful to Peter's origin by having Gwen in his life first this time - but get ready for the inevitable fail to save her too. If not this film, then the next.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2012 07:04 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I just noticed something in the Rhino trailer for the new spiderman game. Spiderman has a belt (probably for web cartridges) like he did in the old comics. I thought that was kind of cool. I'm assuming that means he eventually gets one in the movie too.

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Old Post Feb 24th, 2012 01:18 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I just noticed something in the Rhino trailer for the new spiderman game. Spiderman has a belt (probably for web cartridges) like he did in the old comics. I thought that was kind of cool. I'm assuming that means he eventually gets one in the movie too.

he has one in current comics also.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Feb 24th, 2012 03:48 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
he has one in current comics also.
Really? Every picture I look up of Spiderman has him looking like this.

You might be right though. I cant remember if he does or does not in the more recent ones.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 24th, 2012 04:15 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

They've always cheated with the cartridge belt; it's there but hidden under the costume. It's like how we believe Batman is wearing reinforced body armour, even when it's drawn to look like a skintight outfit. Suspension of disbelief.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2012 05:30 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Really? Every picture I look up of Spiderman has him looking like this.

You might be right though. I cant remember if he does or does not in the more recent ones.

its now under his costume. He was just wearing it in a recent Amazing Spider-Man Issue. Red spider light and all.

EDIT: Amazing Spider-Man 675 to be exact...

Last edited by BlackZero30x on Feb 25th, 2012 at 02:09 AM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 02:07 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Stan Lee to be a playable character for the game

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...r/news/?a=55436

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 01:00 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by roughrider
You talking about the comics, or the movies? Because that only happened in the comics. You're blaming Stan Lee, Gerry Conway and Marvel editorial for it, as a mistake? Because however sad and shocking an event it was for fans, it's part of the mystique that always made Marvel different & great. Heroes weren't supposed to fail to save the day, but it made the Marvel characters more real when things like that happened. We wouldn't see something like that out of a DC character until Jason Todd's death in 1988 (and it was cheapened by having it attached to a phone-in vote.)

I'm glad they being a bit more faithful to Peter's origin by having Gwen in his life first this time - but get ready for the inevitable fail to save her too. If not this film, then the next.

Yes I am talking about the comics.I dont know this time they seem to be pushing the right buttons -at least from what I have seen from the trailer so far.I wouldnt be so sure they they will kill her off in the next film.Not unless the Goblin becomes the villian,if that does,they yeah I'm sure they'll do it again.if they do I will skip that film.I wasnt around when they killed off Gwen but reading about it I was thought that was stupid.I wish they would reverse themselves and kill off that tramp mary Jane in the movies.Now THAT would be awesome. laughing Happy Dance

Like I said before, I hope when we get to see mary Jane that they portray her character PROPERLY this time.They have NEVER portayed her character properly in any adatation,the 90's cartoon or the movies.They always made her more like gwen,nice and sweet instead of the stuck up air headed b!tch she was in the comics.Thats why I always had a problem with Pete settling for an inconsiderate tramp like that instead of sweet Gwendy.If she gets killed off in a sequal I'll skip that movie.Like i said,I'll know to avoid it if the Green Goblin is in the movie.i was so much hoping he would kill mary jane in spiderman 2002.That would have ben awesome. big grin

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 03:44 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Well, in the comics they do have years to work with a character like Mary Jane, to mature her. In the movies, you might have 1-2 films at best.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 06:38 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by roughrider
Well, in the comics they do have years to work with a character like Mary Jane, to mature her. In the movies, you might have 1-2 films at best.

still, get her character right or dont do it at all.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 04:04 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Mr Parker
still, get her character right or dont do it at all.
I have to agree with this. Mary Jane is an awesome character in the comics, but in the movies she was horrible. She didn't even really give the 'carefree fun loving' feel of MJ in earlier comics in the first movie. They could have done better with the casting and overall script for her.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 04:43 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

the only gripe I have as of right now there is no indication that uncle ben dies. Maybe they are saving that for just the movie but in none of the trailers do they lead anyone to believe that he dies.....but i mean he has to right?!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 05:35 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
the only gripe I have as of right now there is no indication that uncle ben dies. Maybe they are saving that for just the movie but in none of the trailers do they lead anyone to believe that he dies.....but i mean he has to right?!
It's Uncle Ben. He'll die, and it will be damn sad. That's the one guarantee every Spiderman fan has.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 10:54 PM
SamZED

Thats what I was wondering as well. It seems Peter is already Spider-man at the beginning of the movie, dont see a point in showing the origin this time. And yet Uncle Ben is alive so either: A) Those were flashbacks or B) Pete is saving lives and helping people as Spidey even before his uncle got killed, which shouldnt be the case.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 07:22 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I have to agree with this. Mary Jane is an awesome character in the comics, but in the movies she was horrible. She didn't even really give the 'carefree fun loving' feel of MJ in earlier comics in the first movie. They could have done better with the casting and overall script for her.

No offense to Kirsten Dunst, but she doesn't look like the supermodel type, which is what MJ actually was. She looked her best in the first movie, but actually got less appealing with every film after that.

Next actress cast as Mary Jane, they (Marvel Entertainment)better step up their casting game.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2012 06:14 PM
jonydec
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol what provided it away? Really I'm a very big spidey fan. I never study any of the more latest products but I have the whole replicated tale, greatest spider-man, products from the overdue 1990's and mid to overdue Eighties plus a whole lot of venom headings. And I'm really expecting that Beenox contains the reward outfits from smashed measurements and Side of your time and energy and effort in farmville. Ignore the villians..I do not treatment who they select for leader combat. I just want to see some spidey outfits like 2099, scarlet examine, ben reilly spider-man, Ultimate symbiote, and greatest red/blue. It will really rub me the incorrect way if beenox chooses against the reward outfits.

South Actresses Photos

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 10:14 AM
jonydec is currently offline Click here to Send jonydec a Private Message Find more posts by jonydec Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

sooo... does anyone know if this movie will tie in with the avengers movie-verse?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2012 08:44 PM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by stickman618
sooo... does anyone know if this movie will tie in with the avengers movie-verse?

No unfortunately it can't.

Marvel don't have the movie rights for Spiderman. It's with Sony, whilst the Avengers are all with Marvel.

The X-Men can also never appear. Fox has the movie rights there.

Which also means we can't even get a Spiderman/X-Men crossover. Annoying because I really think that would work.

Old Post May 1st, 2012 10:38 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote