KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » The Amazing Spiderman (2012)

The Amazing Spiderman (2012)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by stickman618
FORGET GOBLIN!!

i wanna see a proper Venom on the big screen!!!

Well if this movie is as excellent as it appears it will be from the previews,you probably will get your wish.They need to redeem themselves for BOTH those montrocites.That alien from outer space ALL GREEN Green Goblin costume from sm 1 without the purple clothing over him to make him resemble a goblin and that laughable mask and that pathetic villian they called Venom from sm 3 and give it a far better much more believeable storyline to it as well like the 90's cartoon did.If they had done that storyline from that show of how the venom suit got here,that movie would have been at least more believeable and more realistic than it was.

The only thing that looks like they have made a mistake about on this film is I hope when Gwen is saying here-You are a wanted man Peter Parker.I hope that it really is PETER PARKER the police are after and she is not talking about Spider-Man here because that would suck if she knows Peters idenity because they would be pulling a Sam Raimi on us again and by betraying the comicbook like that. mad

Last edited by Mr Parker on May 21st, 2012 at 03:44 PM

Old Post May 21st, 2012 03:37 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ I hope your right there. The trailer really looks like it's showing Spiderman unmasked AGAIN! This will be what.. The 4th time in 4 movies!

Please Don't!!

Old Post May 21st, 2012 03:50 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ I hope your right there. The trailer really looks like it's showing Spiderman unmasked AGAIN! This will be what.. The 4th time in 4 movies!

Please Don't!!

Yeah thats a good point.I cant get too excited about this film even though it looks like they are pushing most of the right buttons this time finally get to see SPIDER-MAN on the screen instead of Man-Spider and Gwen is in it like she should have been from the very beginning and were actually getting to see his genious DEMONSTRATED.

But yeah I just thought of that after you mentioned that.I have a bad feeling about that.after all SONYS name is attached to this and with their name attached to it instead of marvel films it would not surprise me if she knows.why the hell cant Marvel films get the rights to this film.I just dont understand it.its their creating for crying out loud,not sonys. mad

whats REALLY confusing is why hasnt Stan INSIST that marvel films get the rights from them? mad

Old Post May 21st, 2012 04:19 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I wouldn't loose all hope just because it's Sony. After all Sony were behind The Spectacular Spiderman animation.

Whilst Marvel now have the TV rights and have made the appauling Ultimate Spiderman! I still cry over the loss of Spectacular, and Ultimate just triples the pain sad

Old Post May 21st, 2012 04:40 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I wouldn't loose all hope just because it's Sony. After all Sony were behind The Spectacular Spiderman animation.

Whilst Marvel now have the TV rights and have made the appauling Ultimate Spiderman! I still cry over the loss of Spectacular, and Ultimate just triples the pain sad

thats a good point but all the marvel films comicbook characters made into films have been loyal to the comicbook.Thor,Captain America,Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk.I dont think his mask would be off again if they had their hands on this.Conners and Osborn can know,but nobody else should.

Old Post May 21st, 2012 04:48 PM
Darth Thor

^ Conners should only know in Lizard form imo. Osborne? Urm eventually but not this early on.

I remember when it used to be something really threatening that Goblin discovered Spidey's identity. But the films have made it that every single villain found out.

Just hope they stay away from that in this one. Really hope!

Old Post May 21st, 2012 05:55 PM
Mr Parker

agreed.Yeah Connors should only know in Lizard form IF he is going to find out and yeah you aint kidding,thats what was so special about The Green Goblin for so many years and why he was his most dangerous villain because till Venom came along,he was the only villian that knew his identity and thats the way it should always be.

Raimis movies really betrayed that.Lets cross our fingers that sony doesnt do it again.

Old Post May 21st, 2012 06:14 PM
Mr Parker

With sonys name attached to this project I just cant get excited about this movie even though they FINALLY seem to be pushing the right buttons this time and redeeming themselves from the mistakes of the Raimi movies.

Gwen tells Peter in that trailer that her dad has over 500 cops looking for him.It sounds to me like she is saying he has all those cops looking for spider-man.why would 500 cops be after Peter Parker? Peter Parker would not be able to escape from them.They would find him in no time flat.

That means Gwen knows his identity. If thats true,that would be another betrayal to the comicbook. That would be like Commisioner Gordon knowing Bruce Wayne is Batman. Might as well have Aunt May know as well while your at it. sheesh.

If this turns out to be true,than while they have redeeemd themselves from the mistakes of those horrible Raimi films not making those same mistakes again,their just replacing them with a DIFFERENT mistake.

I somehow hope that it really is PETER PARKER the 500 cops are really after and he has somehow gotten away from him.Otherwise this is another bad sign of things to come wih sony continuing their ways of betraying the source material. mad

Last edited by Mr Parker on May 24th, 2012 at 08:07 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2012 08:02 PM
KCJ506

For villains I like to see in sequels

ASM 2 - Electro and if they go with another villain either Mysterio or Vulture

ASM 3 - Green Goblin and the Enforcers

I'd prefer more classic villains first before any symbiotes. Maybe if they make more movies afterwards. If so and they bring the black suit, I don't think they should try to cram it all into just one movie. I've come across various people saying Venom should be in the sequel when in order to even do him properly, Peter first has to get the black suit, discover it's evil and get rid of it. And also introduce Eddie Brock and develop his hatred for Spider-man. Spider-man 3 tried doing it all in one movie and failed miserably. Although that was more on the case of them having so many unnecessary stuff.

Can the symbiote/Venom be done in one movie? Possibly. But you'll still probably end up with another case of Venom only having about ten minutes of screentime where Spidey beats him. If they're gonna go with the symbiote again, they should try something different. Have Brock get it at the end setting up Venom for the next one. It gives him more to do and can probably be used to his full potential. There also needs be a supervillain for Spidey to fight while wearing the black suit. Unless people just wanna go 3/4's of the movie with no viable threat for him to fight. The final battle can have him almost killing the villain, but stops himself from doing so, and the police show up to arrest the villain.

Old Post May 27th, 2012 12:02 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ I'm also guessing Electro for the sequel thumb up

One things for sure they have to do completely different villains and story to pull off a reboot so early.

And good thing about Spidey is he's got so many great villains, and so many great stories to tell from his comic book history.

Old Post May 28th, 2012 04:01 PM
Arachnid1

It's too bad we cant get Kingpin. A Spiderman movie with Kingpin and Electro and/or Rhino as his henchmen would be cool.

This movie will be great, but I kind of wish Kraven was involved in it too. This seems like the perfect story for him to be hunting in.

PWNT

Old Post May 28th, 2012 06:29 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sixth_Winged

Hoping it would be Scorpion. It's a crying shame he doesn't get as much respect as others being the first true dark mirror of Spider-man's powerset.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2012 05:10 AM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Arachnid1
It's too bad we cant get Kingpin. A Spiderman movie with Kingpin and Electro and/or Rhino as his henchmen would be cool.

This movie will be great, but I kind of wish Kraven was involved in it too. This seems like the perfect story for him to be hunting in.

With the different movie studio's could work together instead of having their heads up their arse and focused on money.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2012 07:16 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by KCJ506
For villains I like to see in sequels

ASM 2 - Electro and if they go with another villain either Mysterio or Vulture

ASM 3 - Green Goblin and the Enforcers

I'd prefer more classic villains first before any symbiotes. Maybe if they make more movies afterwards. If so and they bring the black suit, I don't think they should try to cram it all into just one movie. I've come across various people saying Venom should be in the sequel when in order to even do him properly, Peter first has to get the black suit, discover it's evil and get rid of it. And also introduce Eddie Brock and develop his hatred for Spider-man. Spider-man 3 tried doing it all in one movie and failed miserably. Although that was more on the case of them having so many unnecessary stuff.

Can the symbiote/Venom be done in one movie? Possibly. But you'll still probably end up with another case of Venom only having about ten minutes of screentime where Spidey beats him. If they're gonna go with the symbiote again, they should try something different. Have Brock get it at the end setting up Venom for the next one. It gives him more to do and can probably be used to his full potential. There also needs be a supervillain for Spidey to fight while wearing the black suit. Unless people just wanna go 3/4's of the movie with no viable threat for him to fight. The final battle can have him almost killing the villain, but stops himself from doing so, and the police show up to arrest the villain.

I expect were going to see Green Goblin in the second film not the third in the fact that they are already showing Oscorp.They look like they are wisely following the pattern of Batman where Batman Begins had one of his lesser known villains as the villain and they wisely waited till the second film till they had him battle his arch enemy the joker.

I think they will wisely follow that pattern as well.after all The Lizard isnt near as populer a villain as doc oc,green goblin or Venom and they are doing the same thing having him be the first villain.I agree though that it would be cool to see The Enforcers team up with Green Goblin.that would be great.

If The scorpion makes an appearance,I think they would wait till the third though because I dont know why they are doing it this way and I dont like it,but when Connors turns into the lizard,he isnt going to have the white lab coat on anymore. mad so since that is the case and he will be all green,I can adjust to that but i dont like it,but since they ARE doing it that way,I would not look to see scorpion till the third film since he would look to similiar to The Lizard now that he wont have his lab coat on anymore.

thats one thing I am happy about is they seem to not be making the same kind of moronic changes in this movie like they made in the Raimi films.Like i said i dont like the change of conner not having the white lab coat on but it doesnt ruin and destory the credibility of the film like sm 1 did with that dreadful green goblin ALL green costume. sick Now lets just hope that sony doesn do what they did with that disgraceful sm 1 and have him know Gwen since grade school like he did with MJ. I have a good feeling this film wont do that though because they seem to be pushing all the right buttons this time.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Jun 4th, 2012 at 05:09 PM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2012 05:04 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Kazenji
With the different movie studio's could work together instead of having their heads up their arse and focused on money.

If they wanted King Pin in a future ASM film, I can't imagine Marvel Studios couldn't be coaxed to rent the character to Marvel Entertainment, as they're a subsidiary and the Daredevil film isn't set in their highly lucrative 'Marvel Cinematic Universe'.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 6th, 2012 11:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 12:15 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Mr Parker
I expect were going to see Green Goblin in the second film not the third in the fact that they are already showing Oscorp.They look like they are wisely following the pattern of Batman where Batman Begins had one of his lesser known villains as the villain and they wisely waited till the second film till they had him battle his arch enemy the joker.

What your saying makes sense. Only problem is because this is a reboot so soon after the originals, they really can't be repeating the same villains so soon. And they really used GG to the death in Ramai's trilogy.

So my guess would be that Oscorp being in the movie is leading us to Hobgoblin. And if they are thinking of Green Goblin, then I'm guessing it will be left until the end of the series- TAS3 maybe.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2012 10:35 AM
darthmaul1

I think Gwen does know that peter is spidey, cause he says to her "i created him, i have to stop him"

Also i think the missed the boat with the bridge scene, where spidey is holding onto the bumper of that car. That is frigin stupid, the bumper would break right of in 2 seconds. why not have him use his suction on the back door or at least hold onto the door through the widow. just not off a plastic crappy bumper.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2012 09:19 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

I think they might actually be setting up for Venom in future sequels. Though it might follow the Ultimate origin instead of Spidey going to space. The reason why I think this is because it shows Peter's dad involved in some kind of secret research, so they might even make changes to the Ultimate origin, but anything's got to be better than Raimi's random blob from space.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 11:16 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by stickman618
I think they might actually be setting up for Venom in future sequels. Though it might follow the Ultimate origin instead of Spidey going to space. The reason why I think this is because it shows Peter's dad involved in some kind of secret research, so they might even make changes to the Ultimate origin, but anything's got to be better than Raimi's random blob from space.

They're trying to set up a Venom spin-off. So good guess.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 12:36 PM