KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Incredible Hulk Relaunch

Incredible Hulk Relaunch
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
janus77
Banana Genius

Sadly it does look like Hulk is going down the toilet, again.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:29 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Is it a cardinal sin that I prefer Hulk with rudimentary intelligent and vocabulary beyond that of Savage Hulk's?

I liked Professor Hulk and Green Scar/WWH but not a big fan of the classic. sad

No. Because Peter David was the best Hulk writer ever, and during his lengthy run Hulk was smart and articulate, even funny.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:50 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

I think Hulk needed the psychological stuff to come to an end. Pak did brilliantly and genuinely built-upon the progress that had been made in the relationship between Banner and Hulk.

I wish the writers would have moved on from all the "Hulk hate puny Banner" BS. It got old when Bixby and Ferigno were doing it on telly, it is frankly archaic in comics to see that now.

Banner has evolved as a "person", much shrewder, more confident and calmer with the Hulk. The Hulk in turn, has a much more rounded and mature personality to him. He's humorous, he's bluff but caring... etc et.

This last story with the split Hulk/Banner, was just very lazy writing.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post May 7th, 2012 07:01 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by janus77

This last story with the split Hulk/Banner, was just very lazy writing.

I actually enjoyed it regardless of the writer.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 06:37 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Steve Dillon was on for part 1 of Stay Angry and then it got Pasqual Ferry for Part 2

Part 3 preview
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...s/news/?a=62226

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 10:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Been strange this book with whatever the hell Banner is up to.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2012 05:40 AM
The Sorrow

This popped up on my Facebook feed:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=40326

Retitled to "Indestructible" Hulk, according to Waid there will be an in-story reason for the change in title. It doesn't really have the same ring to it but I think a refresher was needed to the Hulk franchise.

Jason Aarons stories have been a bit dull, and having Hulk/Banner warring with each other seemed like a regression of the stories Bruce Jones and Greg Pak wrote. This new run looks as if it will return to the status quo prior to JA's run and build on it, the ideas he has for the Hulk-verse look interesting.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2012 01:49 PM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by The Sorrow

Jason Aarons stories have been a bit dull, and having Hulk/Banner warring with each other seemed like a regression of the stories Bruce Jones and Greg Pak wrote.

I didn't mind the first story arc that Aaron did, Its the Stay Angry story that he's been doing its been strange.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2012 02:18 PM
The Sorrow

Originally posted by Kazenji
I didn't mind the first story arc that Aaron did, Its the Stay Angry story that he's been doing its been strange.

It started out promising but it quickly fell flat imo, his run looks like its pretty significant though in leading Hulk into the new Marvel NOW! Era so perhaps it will all make sense by the end of the arc. I'm glad I haven't wasted my money though only been reading his run online.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2012 02:51 PM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lft4ded
the Desert Moon

'Indestructible', 'Juggernaut'? While these apellations have all been applied to Hulk in the past, in light of Colossus' currently lackluster performance and Cytorrak's maybe disapproval of Cain (I guess we'll see after he shows back up in Thunderbolts), I wonder is that a sign of things to come? :O

Old Post Aug 8th, 2012 05:14 PM
lft4ded is currently offline Click here to Send lft4ded a Private Message Find more posts by lft4ded Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sorrow

Another, more in-depth interview with Waid on Indestructible Hulk:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/ind...marvel-now.html

Basically confirms the robot following Hulk is SHIELD/Maria Hill, gives his take on the Hulk/Banner dynamic and some insight into what he will be doing with the character.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 03:23 PM
DarkOdin

My biggest problem with the latest run of Hulk is his hair is no longer included in his healing factor and he walks around bald for the most part.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2012 08:16 PM
DarkOdin is currently offline Click here to Send DarkOdin a Private Message Find more posts by DarkOdin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote