KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Star Wars will lose it's relevancy in our lifetime

Star Wars will lose it's relevancy in our lifetime
Started by: Zabrak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-kV-
[:::::{============)

Off-topic, but pretty compelling

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Aug 7th, 2011 08:52 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Is it?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2011 03:20 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

I've rather enjoyed reading it, personally.

I say carry on.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 02:50 AM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Do you now?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 03:45 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

As much as people dislike the prequels, it helped to revive the SW relevancy in a huge way.

I like George.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 06:13 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General G
I've rather enjoyed reading it, personally.

I say carry on.

I would, but Impediment hasn't responded.

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 06:38 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Which is quite a shame, actually. Get him in here.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 12:00 AM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Angel

Originally posted by Sith Master X
As much as people dislike the prequels, it helped to revive the SW relevancy in a huge way.

But for short time. We are in 2011 and your casual fan doesn't mind SW anymore. And the pop culture references around are still from the original trilogy.

You can't say the prequels made a true impact in pop culture, and as such in the long run, they are more or less meaningless. That is GL's legacy for his rushed blue screen prequels.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 11:26 AM
Click here to Send Darth Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

People are way too hard on the prequels. It can't be as groundbreaking as the OT, it just wasn't possible.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 02:13 PM
Darth Angel

People are way too hard on the prequels. It can't be as groundbreaking as the OT, it just wasn't possible.

Of course it was. In fact they are only semi-popular due to the originals.
But GL didn't had the vision to pull it off.

By the way, I make you a challenge: try to see the prequels in low quality. It won't be better then your averace C level Sci-Fi movie

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 05:48 PM
Click here to Send Darth Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

You make it sound like that's a bad thing, though. The only reason they were made was because of the originals, so it would only make sense that the only reason they are semi-popular is because of the originals. GL didn't have the directorial skills to pull it off, he should have left it with someone more skilled in doing the job. These three films could have been infinitely times better than they were, and they should have been. I'm not sure I would mind terribly if they decided to remake the prequels with a better director, but have Lucas involved. That way, people who aren't happy with the original prequels can have their remakes and people who want the remakes can be happy.

And I think your challenge is silly. I wouldn't stick the Star Wars prequels in the same category as Megashark vs. Giant Octopus or whatever it's called lol

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2011 01:30 AM
queeq
Chaos

Why is that? The Matrix (even though quite overrated) made such an impact, LOTR did... Spiderman did... So why can't SW PT...

I agree: Lucas didn't have the vision (anymore) to pull it off.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2011 10:36 AM
General G
Canadian.

I agree about LotR and Spiderman, but not so sure about The Matrix making such an impact.

And I say that the SW PT couldn't make such an impact because they had made their impact already. That doesn't mean that they couldn't make an impact again later on of course, but the impact the OT made was bigger than that of Spiderman or LotR and the prequels had to follow that. There's no way they could have followed that. They definitely could have been made better, that's a no-brainer. But they could never follow the OT.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2011 12:17 AM
King of Blades
The King

So this rebel alliance overthrew an Emperor who was corrupt, to bring back a republic that was equally corrupt. erm

I must agree though that this movie is entirely perspective.

I want you to imagine you're on Felucia. You're a nysillin farmer. During the age of the Republic you got the occasional pirate raids and in return you got the occasional Republic response. I mean, usually if any response was given it was by a ship who was in the region or by local authorities. But the pirate raids were more frequent than the help and you managed to live your life accordingly.

Now an Empire rolls around. All of a sudden Felucia falls within a sector ruled by a personal Moff who sees the money that could be made lost because of pirates. It doesn't matter that the raids ruin livelihoods or ruin profits. They have got to stop. So the Moff takes it upon himself, it's his sector after all, to not only protect Felucia from further pirate raids, but seek them out and exterminate them with extreme prejudice. Do you know what you get to hear, farmer?

"The pirates will be dealt with. You don't have to worry about them anymore."

Now I ask ya, would you give a **** what kind of pants the son-of-a-***** who shot you was wearing?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2011 02:12 AM
Click here to Send King of Blades a Private Message Find more posts by King of Blades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by King of Blades
So this rebel alliance overthrew an Emperor who was corrupt, to bring back a republic that was equally corrupt. erm

Most historical revolutions on earth were like that.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2011 08:45 AM
General G
Canadian.

Yeah, it's kinda fun, really.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 02:33 AM
queeq
Chaos

Not really.. but rather factual.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 06:25 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by King of Blades

I must agree though that this movie is entirely perspective.

I want you to imagine you're on Felucia. You're a nysillin farmer. During the age of the Republic you got the occasional pirate raids and in return you got the occasional Republic response. I mean, usually if any response was given it was by a ship who was in the region or by local authorities. But the pirate raids were more frequent than the help and you managed to live your life accordingly.

Now an Empire rolls around. All of a sudden Felucia falls within a sector ruled by a personal Moff who sees the money that could be made lost because of pirates. It doesn't matter that the raids ruin livelihoods or ruin profits. They have got to stop. So the Moff takes it upon himself, it's his sector after all, to not only protect Felucia from further pirate raids, but seek them out and exterminate them with extreme prejudice. Do you know what you get to hear, farmer?

"The pirates will be dealt with. You don't have to worry about them anymore."

Now I ask ya, would you give a **** what kind of pants the son-of-a-***** who shot you was wearing?

"What good is having a business if the Empire takes it from you?"

As said by Biggs to Luke in the cut ANH scenes, and he goes on to explain that the Empire has started to systematically nationalise all business.

GL clearly intended for the Empire to be evil in every way and any attempt to argue that the Empire was good for people is automatically invalidated by the rules of the franchise. By those same rules, what the good guys bring about when they defeat the Empire will automatically be a good thing.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 10:05 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by Ushgarak
[B GL clearly intended for the Empire to be evil in every way and [/B]

Exactly. For example they built the Death Star to destroy planets, thats practically OTT genocide and therefore - evil .

I'm sure this was raised in the EU when someone pointed to the construction of the 'Death' Star, Star 'Destroyer', Sun 'Crusher' and many others as being pointers to the Empire's evil nature. The point was being made to an engineer or builder of these things or something but I can't remember who they were...

Damn SW fiction - too much content! big grin

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 01:39 PM
Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I apologize for my absence. I have been extraordinarily busy and haven't had ample time to rebut.

I'll be online soon to make a post.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 05:18 PM
Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote