KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » "rich get richer...yadda-yadda-yadda

"rich get richer...yadda-yadda-yadda
Started by: tru-marvell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Government assistance, or money going to a certain demographic (poor, veterans, old, etc.) especially when it is taken unwillingly from other individuals *is* welfare.
How about we use the actual definitions instead of what pleases you for the moment.

How about we look up the definition of hypocrite.
hyp•o•crite
   [hip-uh-krit] Show IPA
noun
a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Strawman and red herring much?

I think so.

No, more whites use it than black, a higher percentage of blacks use it (tanf) per capita, and more white people who are not poor use government assistance anyways, even though they are the least poor group.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

K. But I already showed you that out of the eligible poor, less whites use it than blacks. Stop talking in circles.

Let's just pretend, for instance, that more whites use the two major forms of Welfare.

That still does not change the point that blacks use it far more disproportiantely. It doesn't do a damn thing to change the real problem: why are African Americans using it much more disproportiately? Even among their poor, compared to white poor, they use it more than twice as much.

Deal with that. And stop whining.

You proved something, with something else wrong. I showed you my proof and you dismissed it. Doesn’t matter. The census is better and it is also more current. No need to go further than the government to find government facts. Next.
I showed you facts you must accept, something certain people have a problem accepting.
Oh and by the way, I actually wouldn’t have minded being wrong about this if it was more recent, because I didn’t know what the numbers were more recently, which is why I was going to say go to the census. But since you are parading around with these “facts” and are so vehement and smug about them I have no choice.

If it is an open and shut case, why do other points of data disagree? Do you even know what you're looking at? (You don't.)

Do you even know how they get to those numbers? (You don't.)

Do you understand why some places show 38 white adn 37 black? (You don't.)

Do you understand why those forms show 68% white? (You don't.)

I didn’t miss anything, you disagreed with what I said because you didn’t like it. No need to argue now since I used the census.
You will respond, trust me. wink

You disagreed with what I said because you didn't like it.

No need to argue since I proved you wrong on pretty much every count. You don't know what you're talking about, have a strong bias against white, and still skirt around the real problem: blacks use welfare programs too much.

You’re welcome, come again.

I know, I have and continue to hand your ass to you.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 05:34 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindship
I think our civilization's at the point where we have to reconsider which tendency should dominate. I'd prefer a paradigm shift, but I'll settle for modified behavior.

...this is a very, very scary post...

"Modified behavior".. Jesus christ.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 05:53 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Here's some facts:

Medicaid:

White: 43%
Black: 21%

http://www.statehealthfacts.org/com...d=158&cat=3

Result: extremely disproportianate representation by blacks.

Medicare by race:

White: 78%
Black: 10%

This is age specific...so it's more telling of age distribution than anything else.

SNAP:

Black: 33%

Blacks represent an extreme disproporition (greatly exceeding other race demographics who are also eligible.)

Veterans:
Stupid comparison because almost all vets are white and you either are a vet or aren't. It's worse than comparing medicare.

Housing: you showed that one.

Bla bla.

The comparisons are useless because they either show population representations (such as Medicare or Veterans) or they show quite clearly that African Americans are grossly represented out of proportion...even exceeding participation levels of other eligible race demographics.

Discuss they reasons why AAs participate more in entitlement programs. The answer is not "they are more poor." Even when controlling for poor, they still participate more.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 05:57 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by cdtm
"Modified behavior".. Jesus christ.
It'll take a lot of M&Ms.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 12:39 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Dear lord someone’s mad. And you clearly have too much free time. Do you sit on here every night waiting for a response. I got home late and posted that, I look on in the morning and you already posted. I saw you on making your post too. It’s pretty clear you have a vendetta and are more willing to keep using wrong information as it suits you. I can’t believe you are trying to argue the census about a *government statistic* about something that comes from the government. I used the census, so any sites you use don’t matter, nor did any sites I used prior to matter. It’s from a government site. So all the digging on the bs sites you did to find what you wanted so you could ignore the truth won’t work. Get over it.
Bias against whites? How do you know if I’m 100% black, mixed, or whatever? Besides the point, the whole reason the issue came up was because another member posted a blatantly racist comment ( not sure if he was joking or whatever, I thought he was). So I made a very basic, very casual comment. It obviously lit a fire under you, and you can’t take it. Why would I care about welfare usage myself, except for what it costs me? I damn sure don’t need it. I believe many people here do though. I see you also are trying to drive the point from the amount of white people who use it, to the proportion. Something I already said anyways. So don’t try to argue around in a circle to avoid the point I made. White people use up the most government assistance. Not a big deal in most cases since they are the most population. But since they are the least poor and use up the most welfare, that *is* a problem. I love your little racist comment. “Whites should take advantage of welfare more”.

Social security, veteran benefits, medicare, subsidized school lunches? What more do they need? You said you came form another country, maybe that’s where the racism came from. I myself, hate everyone equally, all sizes, shapes, colors, and creeds. I don’t discriminate with my hate.  I’ve also talked about lazy and underachieving people of all races and sexes in my numerous post.

I thought we were cool. I thought we were partners in crime, agreeing on things and whatnot. Should have never mentioned I was black I suppose. I remember the incident here back in 05. 

Originally posted by dadudemon
Enough with the 404 excuse since I found a replacement webpage.

Get it through your skull, it doesn’t matter anymore. I used more recent info from the census site, a site that proved *you* wrong. I don’t care about your other site, it doesn’t matter anymore.

Doesn't matter since I was right to begin with and you literally cannot prove me wrong. You can quote or cite any number of web pages: if they conflict with what I have shown, they are wrong.

You were never right. I was right to begin with. Now I’m right with more curren information.
Your website that you found in the vast minority, and you digged so hard for is more accurate than the census? A government entity which collects said information? That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard, not surprised though. You can keep saying you’re right so you’ll feel better about this tearing I’m giving you, but it won’t matter.

Why?
Because you’re delusional, like most bigoted people.

Because I used the official government sources and did very simple math with them showing, quite clearly, that conclusions to the contrary were false.

You used a site that pleased you and pulled some math out of your ass that you thought pleased you. I’ve done way more complex math than that btw.

It does and I explained why.

It doesn’t. I know what you were trying to say, it just doesn’t really matter.

That...was my point. erm
I know, because it was what I tried to point out to you in the beginning.

News outlets were skewing information about the hazards of texting while driving. Some even tried to say that a quarter of all accidents were related to cellphone usage.

Ridiculous, but it *is* a news station. Do you learn from them.

The data showed that traffic has increased, texting has geometrically increased....and all measures of accidents have decreased over the last 10 years.

Doesn’t mean that texting related accidents haven’t increased and they don’t play a role in accidents.
This directly contradicted the claim that cellphone usage is making up a quarter of all accidents: the numbers do no match. No massive transportation polices have been made that drastically reduced all areas of accidents that could also magically allow for only cellphone usage to bridge the gap.
They can’t pinpoint the exact number, it doesn’t mean that cellphone related accidents haven’t increased, and that they don’t play a major role.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 02:34 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Someone was lying somewhere and it was obviously not the cellphone usage. Based on those news outlets' logic, we could actually say that cellphone usage has decreased accidents.

Could, but it probably wouldn’t be true.

Things such as experience and qualifications were controlled for. Men still made more.

No it wasn’t, prove it.
In fact one of the founders of the National Organization for Women, Warren Farrel did many topics and even wrote a book about this.

It’s called “Why men earn more.”
All they did was lump in jobs of all kinds and then divide men and women and came up with the number. Men still worked more hours, did riskier work, and were more willing to travel.
When they looked at the same professions, like Doctors. Men were more likely to be surgeons, which paid more. They were also more likely to own their own practices. Women who owned their own business did it so they could have more time with their family, and men did it to make more money.
Men are driven to make more money, (because they have to), so it’s their primary motivator. Women are driven more by family. Women make more family decisions and men make more monetary decisions.
I’ve done tons of research on this matter, so pulling stuff out of your ass like you normally do won’t work. Not that it has anyways. How about you name these industries where men are being paid more, per hour, for the same amount of work, experience, and educational level? Not to mention women are paid “the same” and often have less qualifications, like in the army or being a firefighter. They also get paid even when they leave early, come in late, and take time off. So in reality, they often make more.
It's an open and shut case: men make more money, on average, even when controlling for the various compensation factors.

Moving on...

No it isn’t, you’re wrong and you’re not going to make stuff up. Men make more on average because they earn more, do riskier jobs, travel more, work more hours, and do positions that pay more, and not jobs that keep them close to home or near the family or are less dangerous. There’s a reason men do construction (which pays more, but is more dangerous), while women do safer jobs which pay less (like teachers). Women don’t usually want to become CEO’s surgeons, or any of that either. They aren’t earning less simply because they have a vagina and jobs are paying them less. They also tend to take more time off, drop out the work force, have kids, do part time, flex time, work from home, take sabbaticals, etc. They aren't making as much money for those reasons, and even then they get paid leave and other benefits while others have to do their load for the same pay.

To show how stupid your point is. If women were earning less for doing the exact same work at the same efficiency, why don’t they just hire women? It would be cheaper labor, like when people hire immigrants. Companies that hire men would eventually fail because of the extra 23 or so percent on their work costs.

You’re going to have to do better than that.

Yes, I looked VERY hard for that data because every website on the internet continually uses the 1991 or 1993 data.

I agree that the data was annoying to find, but you still looked very hard for what suited you.
That website I found had data from the 2001 census and was compiled by the Department of Health and Human services in 2003. The website doesn't work anymore because it's now "hhs" instead of "dhhs" and I searched for more annual reports but they don't provide them anymore. You have to request it with FOIA.

Doesn’t matter. I used the actual census, case closed.
But, when I compiled this data a few years back, all links worked and Bardock42 checked over my work.

So what, doesn’t matter. I used the census, case closed.

You are still trying to use data that's from 1991 or 1993. So I'll take the 10 year old data over the 20 year old data, sir.

It would be true if I didn’t post a census link with data from 2005 right at the top. Stop being lazy and skipping what you don’t want to read as usual racist.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Last edited by Tha C-Master on Aug 18th, 2011 at 02:44 PM

Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by dadudemon Seriously, did you even look at the sources for all of those websites you keep talking about? Most of them are using the 1991 data. Others use 1993 data.

Doesn’t matter, I used the census and it was recent, case closed.

You won't find it, like I said. You would need to request it from HHS or the Census Bureau with FOIA. At least that's what I got.

Been over this.

However, there's three very big obvious reasons why I'm even more correct than you realize:

Not really.

1. The welfare laws changed in 1991-93. .
And the Tanf is what they use now, not the other form afdc program.

2. I found even more recent data that shows African American families as being even larger (2.74 from 2006) and white families are even smaller (2.4x), which changes the math I did, significantly. Making my point even more solid. .

Doesn’t matter, whites still use more of it while being less impoverished. White single mothers use most of it. Hell single mothers use more of it in general.
3. The most important reason of all: African Americans have had access to Welfare for only 4 decades. They have gradually increased their share on welfare since they initially got access. Their rates showed signs of slowing in the early 90s, but it wasn't a steep drop. Meaning, despite the early 90s numbers showing African Americans having 37% and whites at 38%, they were still catching up. It should be no wonder that 10 years later, they overtook all other race demographics.

Exactly, and white people have had it longer, used it longer, and benefitted from it longer. Black people started out with more of a disadvantage due to less benefits and programs. So exclusively white people used it in the first place.
The increase of welfare is predominately from single mother homes and kid being born out of wedlock in all demographics. Not just black. Something I think should decrease in all races.

I think welfare use should SUBSTANTIALLY decrease for everybody, not increase, Regardless of skin color. You obviously don’t mind welfare when white people are using it.
It really does

It's too late. You talked in circles so I was forced to requote myself.

No you’re just filibustering.
"Welfare is much more..."

No, it's fairly explicitly defined in the US.

Here's a nice writeup on what it means in the US:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welfare#United_States

Wow, now using wikipedia for an official definition? Poor form, I know the trailer park school you went to probably allowed it, but any school worth its salt wouldn’t. I like reading wiki of course, but if I used it you would have dismissed it. Something interesting from your own source:
“The majority of Americans who receive welfare checks are not Black. The majority of those who receive welfare checks are White people. [32]”
You just make it too easy sometimes.
That’s just how racist people operate though, they can’t help but contradict themselves.
Oh and all of those other programs *are* welfare programs. How you can think to yourself that giving money to a poor single mother is welfare, but giving money to a poor old person is not. It’s the same damn thing.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

"Aid could include general welfare payments, health care through Medicaid, food stamps, special payments for pregnant women and young mothers, and federal and state housing benefits."
”Welfare refers to a broad discourse which may hold certain implications regarding the provision of a minimal level of wellbeing and social support for all citizens without the stigma of charity. This is termed "social solidarity". In most developed countries, welfare is largely provided by the government, in conjunction with charities, informal social groups, religious groups; or inter-governmental organizations such as the United Nations.
Welfare can take a variety of forms, such as monetary payments, subsidies and vouchers, health services, or housing. Welfare can be provided by governments, non-governmental organizations, or a combination of the two. Welfare programs may be funded directly by governments, or in social insurance models, by the members of the welfare scheme.”

Man you’re either trolling or just dumb, it’s right there. *All* of it is welfare. Subsidized student lunches and vaccines, a lot of government grants and scholarships, veteran benefits, wic, etc. All welfare.

If you want to define it beyond that, fine. I don't wish to discuss that.

You don’t because you’re wrong and it hurts you so.

Touched a nerve? Really?
Yep. It’s quite clear this lit a fire under you.

You're the one that ignored actual information. You are the one that seems to be getting nerved touched.

Lol. You know very little about me or my repuation here. This is all good fun to me. You were the one that started writing test y comments like other people on this page. I originally made the “welfare” comment, because of a racist (joking or not) comment prior. Takes more than that to get under my skin.

I didn’t ignore anything. You just ignored your own wiki source in an effort to just keep on trolling, and now you’re backpedaling.

1. Derp derp! TANF is the only form of welfare! . Sorry, bud...you've got to try something else. wink

Additionally, from your own sources:

"Figure 2 shows that Black mothers
represented a higher share of
recipients of TANF benefits than
non-Hispanic Whites, people of
other race,7 or Hispanics (who may
be of any race). Black mothers constituted
38 percent of total recipients
of TANF benefits. Non-
Hispanic Whites were 31 percent of
TANF recipients, people of other
race were 9 percent, and Hispanics
constituted 25 percent of TANF
recipients."

Mothers on TANF:

Non-Hispanic White: 31.3
Black: 38.2

http://www.census.gov/prod/2002pubs/p70-85.pdf

I know it isn’t the only form of welfare, but you didn’t want to discuss that old friend.
The statistics are clear.

You also ignored other conditions, like families or men. You also ignored the various other information it provided because you wanted to skip those excel tables, convenient huh?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 02:35 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

2. It's quite clear that you're getting irritated. Those links worked when I did the math on them. Not my fault that the government re-organized. You can't dismiss it just because the links no longer work. The data was real, there were witnesses, and the math was checked. Get over it.

Lol, not at all. I tried several times just to simplify the discussion and you dragged it out on and on. This lit a fire under you because I made a true response to another racist comment. You were the one who started making the insulting comments in the first place. It’s all good fun to me bro. Eventually the thread will die down and there will be antoher thread getting all the attention, Been there done that.

Doesn’t matter when it did work, it didn’t work when *I* saw it. Just because someone looked at it and said “hmmm your math seems to be right” doesn’t mean a whole lot. Especially since I used the census. Go cry about something else.

It's sad that this is what you think "being right" means.

Yea, actually knowing what I’m talking about, imagine that.

Yes they are. No what? no expression

No, that would be white people you silly goose. You’re not one of those guys that think white, heterosexual people are the “new minority” or something like that.
And, minorities, excluding asians, are quite disproportianately "sucking up" welfare. You even agree to that.

No need to rehash that. There’s also a higher number of poorer people who are minorities. So white people are using more resources even though there are less of a percentage of poor white people. Which is disproportionate. *sigh*

You want to try and place "personal feelings" on this? Don't troll because you're mad.

And I showed you that despite the fact that there's more poor black people... whatever, I'll just requote:

Hardly. Lol. I’m furious, so furious. Oh my. Look at me go. I think I’m going to lose my mind with a stranger on the internet.
You responded to me, responding to a racist comment, and you just couldn’t let go. If I were mad, I would have been more mad of the blatantly racist comment than yours lol.

You know you’re mad you angry hillbilly you. stick out tongue
Honestly I think you’re still a pretty cool guy like inim, just things we disagre on.
SURE! Of TANF, that's true. But not other welfare programs. You have to do better than one single form of welfare.

Good thing I listed several, which you didn’t like. It didn’t suit you.

"SURE! Of TANF, that's true. But not other welfare programs. You have to do better than one single form of welfare."
Look above.

There's also the problem of...you know...WHITE PEOPLE MAKING UP 76% OF THE POPULATION. Did you forget about that?

Not at all, which I mentioned. Stop trying to bring up discussed points as a shelter because you have none. There are still far less poor white people who use the majority of government assistance.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

But, welfare as people commonly understand it, are mainly two programs. You've been using just one. In poor form, too.
No, welfare is a combination of many, many programs. People can commonly understand what they want, they’d be wrong.
Also, Tanf is the newer welfare as AFDC has been limited and stopped.
Strawman and red herring much?

I think so.

I guess I learned that from you. stick out tongue

K. But I already showed you that out of the eligible poor, less whites use it than blacks. Stop talking in circles.

In numbers or percents? It doesn’t matter how many poor use it, well it does, but what matters more is how many people who *aren’t* poor use it. White people who aren’t poor use more government assistance, that’s a FACT.

Let's just pretend, for instance, that more whites use the two major forms of Welfare.
No need to pretend.

That still does not change the point that blacks use it far more disproportiantely. It doesn't do a damn thing to change the real problem: why are African Americans using it much more disproportiately? Even among their poor, compared to white poor, they use it more than twice as much.

I’ve already stated that, and that’s because there aree more poor black people than white people. There are more white people using it who aren’t poor, learn to comprehend.
Also, I think as the discussion has proved, I don’t believe in the overuse of welfare at all for any race, gender, or creed. I like you believe in personal responsibility. I’ve also recounted on here numerous times about the areas I have seen and spent time in and what I saw there with minorities and people who aren’t minorities. And I agree, they shouldn’t be on it, and people shouldn’t abuse it. The problem here though is lack of education and a poverty mindset, not race or anything else. It is a cycle because teenage mothers will give birth to teenage mothers over and over again, they will be less educated and continue the cycle again and again.

I was born in Mississippi, the place with the highest teenage birth rate in the country. This plays a large part to the poverty and what you see. This comes from minorities as well as white people. I know more about this than most, and I’ve also tried to help these causes myself. Not just typing about it online and mentioning it or whining about it.

I’m still right though with my facts, but don’t get under the impression that I advocate welfare for anybody. I would hope nobody would have to use it permenantly. Except for extreme cases. People having kids out of wedlock or who have too many kids are the problem. The poor do this. It will take education and will to break the cycle.
And not just Tanf or afdc, I’m talking about social security and everything else. White people benefit more from all of it.

Deal with that. And stop whining.

You’re the whiner. You don’t like the fact that white people use the most government assistance and that white people benefit the most from it and always have. Tough.

If it is an open and shut case, why do other points of data disagree? Do you even know what you're looking at? (You don't.)
Absolutely but you don’t by your glaring contradictions.

Do you even know how they get to those numbers? (You don't.)

Yep, simple math and division will do.

Do you understand why some places show 38 white adn 37 black? (You don't.)

You mean the right sites? Because whites use it more. But nice try.
D
o you understand why those forms show 68% white? (You don't.)

Hispanic, non hispanic, what about it? Even then the white take the most out of there hispanic counterparts, shown by simple math.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

You disagreed with what I said because you didn't like it.
I disagreed with it because it was wrong. You don’t like that so you are mad.
I myself don’t care one way or the other. I said from the beginning more whites use it and a higher percentage of blacks use it per capita, but there are more poor black/minorities. I also said that if there were a more recent form of info that proved me wrong I would be fine, but it didn’t. You have to look long and hard to find a place that agrees with you. Because most don’t.

No need to argue since I proved you wrong on pretty much every count. You don't know what you're talking about, have a strong bias against white, and still skirt around the real problem: blacks use welfare programs too much.

I know, I have and continue to hand your ass to you.

Please, you’ve done nothing but the steaming pile of contradicitons that 753 did when I was owning him about that math in the Zoom and Flash threads. This little math you did here was nothing and the only reason you posted was to make yourself feel better and boost yourself up. Proven quite clearly when you threatened to ignore me. Which you obviously won’t. They never do. You’ll just keep posting to save face and keep repeating the same things because you don’t like the owning. But be glad you’re getting it from the best.
You handed your own ass. The fact that the actual *census* disagrees with you and the only place you have for proof is your little backwater site is telling.

I think you secretly enjoy your ownings. 
Here's some facts:
Nothing I haven’t posted

Medicaid:

Yes.
I’m glad you’re doing what you usually do: post what suits you and ignore the rest.
Black: 21%

See above.
http://www.statehealthfacts.org/com...d=158&cat=3

Result: extremely disproportianate representation by blacks.

Glad you ignored the other statistics of welfare which showed whites using the most, like they always do. And there are more poor blacks than whites. So they are disproportionate themselves.

Medicare by race:

White: 78%
Black: 10%

This is age specific...so it's more telling of age distribution than anything else.

And yet again white people use more of it. It’s no coincidence. Just like white people use up the most social security. The largest welfare progam in the US.

SNAP:

Black: 33%

Blacks represent an extreme disproporition (greatly exceeding other race demographics who are also eligible.)
White people also use more of that, even though there are a smaller percentage of poor whites to blacks.

I know more blacks use it per capita, already said that.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 02:36 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Veterans:
Stupid comparison because almost all vets are white and you either are a vet or aren't. It's worse than comparing medicare.

Not at all, still government assistance, and they still benefit from it. It’s still for people who need assistance of some kind, and whites use more of it.

Housing: you showed that one.

Bla bla.
I know it hurts.

The comparisons are useless because they either show population representations (such as Medicare or Veterans) or they show quite clearly that African Americans are grossly represented out of proportion...even exceeding participation levels of other eligible race demographics.

Comparisons are very useful because they are all welfare and whites use more of it, even though there are less poor white people. Also white people have had many of those programs longer and *still* use most of it.

Just like they default on houses more.

Discuss they reasons why AAs participate more in entitlement programs. The answer is not "they are more poor." Even when controlling for poor, they still participate more.

It would be a fallacy because more white people participate in them even though there are less poor white people.

I’ve already said poverty is a mindset, and that goes for any race, but a poor person using a program versus a non poor definitely looks a lot better don’t you think? wink Not to mention the mortgage defaulters who were primarily white. Why do they keep doing this? Why are there more of them on government programs if there are less of them that are poor by percentage? Why?

Most of the entitlement programs ( a huge bulk of it) goes to white people, deal with it and stop being racist.

(please log in to view the image)
lol

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 02:36 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question. If all these downtrodden white people need so much welfare, then why don't we have special government programs to assist them? Some sort of action that affirms their presence in higher education?

Old Post Aug 19th, 2011 12:04 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
Question. If all these downtrodden white people need so much welfare, then why don't we have special government programs to assist them?

Like . . . welfare?

Some sort of action that affirms their presence in higher education?

White people are already well represented in higher education so there's no need to even that out. Programs already exist to smooth the difficulties that poor people have.

Between those two fact poor white people have their stuff sorted out pretty well.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2011 12:17 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alltoomany

It's still true. People still choose the most successful and desirable person they can. People still underachieve and have more kids than they can afford, while others choose to further themselves to increase the chances of survival for their own offspring.

We use laws and systems now, but the reason we even have a nation like America is because some men came over and killed, plundered, raped, and stole from others. This land and nation didn't come from out of the air. We made it our territory like animals make their own territory and those who are too weak to defend themselves pack up and leave.

You see it in gang activity amongst anything else. If others can enforce what they say, they won't enforce for long.

Yes, but we were given the brains to improvise.

Although there is nothing wrong with buying nice houses. If you can great. Don't see the problem.

In the US there are 5 bedroom 4 bathroom houses going for $30,000. If you can afford it, why not? We all had to pay for the decisions of the stupid. That's a very good price and the mortgage would be cheaper than renting a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment. It's a no brainier.

WHERE IN THE U.S? Not in New york..

Old Post Aug 19th, 2011 12:50 AM
alltoomany is currently offline Click here to Send alltoomany a Private Message Find more posts by alltoomany Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

stuff

more stuff

Again, more stuff

Holy crap, more stuff

Wow...even more.

WTF?

Surely this is the last one.

I can't believe this.

I didn't read a single word from all EIGHT of your posts. Not a single word (I lied: I read "Dear lord..."). You are not worth the time.

Rather than waste my time with your whining, trolling, and ignorance, I'll address the root of your problem:

The same sites you've tried to use as evidence (39% white versus 38% black participation circa 1991-93) are also documented in a trend over time up to 2001. I provided a site for that to show you the trending. What was the trend? Less and less white participation and more and more African American participation. Up to the point of AA's overtaking white people in participation (something that should not occur considering they only represent a bit over 12% of the population.)

You are using spreadsheets from TANF that show as much as 60+% participation from white just a mere 3 years later.

I asked you to explain why there was such a difference. I hinted that those numbers are not comparable numbers. You don't understand them.

Unless, of course, you want to say that white people started participating in these programs by more than double since 2001 to 2004. Yes, from 30% to over 60% in 3 years time.

So, please explain to me why there's such a difference. smile

I know you can't do it and you never will.

You were wrong, used wrong numbers to support your position, and now you're playing the "racism" card. Pathetic.

What's worse, in areas that can be compared, you've more than admitted the disproportionate representation of African Americans in government assistance programs. So what's the problem? Are you upset that African American's have a subculture of government entitlement? You do realize that they haven't even been allowed on Welfare programs until the last 40 years, right? I personally have no problem with them getting what they are eligible for considering the past. You just need to pull your head out and stop being such an apologetic while pretending white people are the devil.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2011 02:47 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
White people are already well represented in higher education so there's no need to even that out. Programs already exist to smooth the difficulties that poor people have.

Between those two fact poor white people have their stuff sorted out pretty well.

Of course white people are already well-represented. But what about honest-to-goodness poor white trash? Not sure I saw too many of those folks while I was on campus. (The joke, of course, is that affirmative action is bullshit.)

Old Post Aug 19th, 2011 03:14 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Poor white trash are inherently racist and don't know how to spell the word "affirmative", so that means they're scum who don't deserve anything at all. QED.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2011 04:31 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

[...]white people are the devil.
I agree completely.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 19th, 2011 04:38 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Of course white people are already well-represented. But what about honest-to-goodness poor white trash? Not sure I saw too many of those folks while I was on campus.

"White trash" isn't really a category, they're white and they're poor. Being white doesn't have any apparent effect on acceptance rates. Being poor does but I'm pretty sure there are programs to deal with that.

Where did you go to school? A lot of states don't have much honest-to-goodness poor white trash, a representative number of them would be be just as tiny.

(The joke, of course, is that affirmative action is bullshit.)

Then you should stick to arguments against it that aren't so stupid.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2011 05:31 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote