KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Russia's new stealth fighter, co-developed with India

Russia's new stealth fighter, co-developed with India
Started by: Omega Vision

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tsilamini

lol, I'm beginning to think you work for the people who make the EF

Old Post Aug 31st, 2011 07:02 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not at all, I just used to be interested in Jets in general and I am British, so naturally a lot of interest has been on the EF hence why I know a thing or two about it. I could probably make you belive I am a EF salesman a year or so ago but I dont recall half the information I used to.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2011 07:05 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

lol, interesting that you took that as a compliment smile

Old Post Aug 31st, 2011 07:08 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didnt, I just tried to make sense of why you would say that. Are you a spokesman for the F-22 then to switch your question around?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2011 07:10 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

lol, it wasn't an insult either, you just seemed down with it

Old Post Aug 31st, 2011 07:19 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Its more of a strange comment that does not have a place in the discussion at hand, rather random which is confusing.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2011 07:20 PM
Utrigita

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Yes they can. They're not magic, you know, a person is flying them from a station on the ground. That person can see what happens and make relevant calls exactly like a pilot of a normal plane.

Why?

I'm well aware of that, but seeing things through a screen doesn't suddenly equal being in the actual situation, and then why is next to none probes being deployed over Libya?

Because that is what atm is the greatest potential source of conflict, the northpole is a place with great political tension, so is much of the area around the Indian Ocean.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2011 07:27 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by Burning thought
As said, pilots and humans work through drones, and the Taranis is on the cutting edge of that tech, its apprently supposed ot be not only able to select targets and destroy the general target but also take commands from humans on the ground.

Theres ship radars as well, there are hundreds of ground, air and AWAC radars, stealth planes are not invisible. And no, radar by itself is not the only way to get a lock, you have IRST trackers, todays stealth planes only have so much infra red protection to reduce heat but anything moving at supersonic or using weapon systems is giving off tell tale amounts of heat and further one missle does not mean death, theres a reason why most planes have large number sof counter measurers and unlike stealth planes, decoys to take at least one or two hits.

Stealth as a platform is too young to be of any use in full scale engagements like your describing, they have vulnerabilities both technical (flaws in the design, rain vulnerability, cant talk to other craft) and external, have less weapon systems and cannot hold decoys and other tell tale signs since their designed for deep strike missions. A handfull of more multi-role planes like the Eurofighter are vastly superior in large scale engagement.

The whole "fight over water" thing is a bit off anyway. What body of water? I would put more money on it being over Europe/further East than over any large body of water.

So can the predator to my knowledge.

No they are not, never said they were and if I did it was a mistake. But the amount of radars on the ocean is less then the amount of radar's on land. And the F-22 is built in order to minimize the amount of heat production, same reason why the Meteor missile was removed from the F-22, the missile simply produced to much heat when fired revealing the location of the plane. Stealth planes have flares as well and Electronic countermeassures as well.

Stealth have been used since the introduction of the Nighthawk in 1981, so I'll hardly call it new any longer, but then again if you think Stealth is to new a platform, what exactly makes the probes so much better since they are a even newer platform? Stealth planes can talk to other aircraftes, the F-22 for instance can in coordination with the f-15 and f-16 to determind if they are targetting the same aircraft, so I don't know where you got that from. So a F-22 can hold 8 missiles and the EF can hold, what 8 aswell on the wings? And ofcause the EF will be more usefull in a large engagement, because that would be war, the F-22 is meant to establish air superiority and that is basically it, other planes from the USF is meant to go in afterwards, that is not the case for the RAF, which are going to use basically the EF, and again the F-22 may have problems with it's RAM, but then again the EF couldn't fly because the RAF didn't have enough spareparts for them. Not throwing mud, just pointing out that you will always at some point of time face problems with the planes, be it RAM or something else hindering their capability.

The Indian Ocean for instance.

Last edited by Utrigita on Aug 31st, 2011 at 07:49 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2011 07:47 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Utrigita
So can the predator to my knowledge.

No they are not, never said they were and if I did it was a mistake. But the amount of radars on the ocean is less then the amount of radar's on land. And the F-22 is built in order to minimize the amount of heat production, same reason why the Meteor missile was removed from the F-22, the missile simply produced to much heat when fired revealing the location of the plane. Stealth planes have flares as well and Electronic countermeassures as well.

Stealth have been used since the introduction of the Nighthawk in 1981, so I'll hardly call it new any longer, but then again if you think Stealth is to new a platform, what exactly makes the probes so much better since they are a even newer platform? Stealth planes can talk to other aircraftes, the F-22 for instance can in coordination with the f-15 and f-16 to determind if they are targetting the same aircraft, so I don't know where you got that from. So a F-22 can hold 8 missiles and the EF can hold, what 8 aswell on the wings? And ofcause the EF will be more usefull in a large engagement, because that would be war, the F-22 is meant to establish air superiority and that is basically it, other planes from the USF is meant to go in afterwards, that is not the case for the RAF, which are going to use basically the EF, and again the F-22 may have problems with it's RAM, but then again the EF couldn't fly because the RAF didn't have enough spareparts for them. Not throwing mud, just pointing out that you will always at some point of time face problems with the planes, be it RAM or something else hindering their capability.

The Indian Ocean for instance.

I have only read that the Pred seems to be controlled almost completly by a pilot on the ground.

It minimizes but not removes, theres no way you can remove heat from certain functions, even the engine as protected as it is will create heat. The meteor missle is not a full production model and is a EU product if I am not mistaken unless your talking of another plane or are saying the missle was considered but then passed by. I know, but they dont have decoys, a decoy can take a full strike as if its an actual target, flares and chaff are a slightly more hopeful means of stopping a missle.

Theres like two planes, those we have mentioned that are fighter designs and the F-22 has never really been in combat. Probes being unmanned mean no loss of life if their shot down, I did not mean to claim their far superior combatants to a jet. The F-22 cannot however, look back on my sources, the F-22 is incapable of communicating with other aircraft.

EF has 13 attachments, compared to the F-22 8. Thats 5 more for the Euro, its a large payload decrease for the F-22. Because the EF can do everything, the F-22 cannot, and based on its performance that the sources I previously cited outline, it does it with many set backs and weaknesses as opposed to other planes. Assuming its already on an allied airfield, the F-22 needs hours of maintance per hour of flight (more than a full day) and its stealth is compromised in the rain.

You brought up one maintance issue for one event specifically to counter the fact these isues are constant with every F-22? Its a design flaw with the F-22, the fact some Eurofighters needed to take other parts is not to do with design fault or problems with the airframe.

Why there? Also that would be terrible for the F-22, the thing has to go back for maintance every hour or so, so flying across the ocean for a future threat is not going to be in its future.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2011 08:21 PM