KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Storm and Cyclops in a relationship?

Storm and Cyclops in a relationship?
Started by: RLAAMJR.

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
To be fair to Jean, i think that has more to do with there powers then anything. It must hurt a lot more when u can see in ur husband mind and look at the fact he fantasying about another woman. It also not like it was hard to prompt those images either, he pretty much got a hard on looking at poster which reminded him of psylocke.

by no means am i saying jean was right or innoccent. I just saying jean should not be judge to harsh for some of her more hypocritical actions.

Jean and Scott had a psychic bond; he could see her thoughts too. stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2012 05:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by -Pr-
Jean and Scott had a psychic bond; he could see her thoughts too. stick out tongue

lol I new u were gunna say that lol.

All joking asside they have always been so vague as to what that really even means. I was always under the impression it was more like the bond wolverine and psylocke had. Dont think he could see her romantic fantasy at least it was never implied that he could.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2012 07:19 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

No they havent. Wolverine has never dated rogue.

* i'm pretty sure they locked lips, dugan... and confessed their love for each other, although i can't remember if the comic i read was canon or not... my point -> logan & rogue -> already done...

* re: psychic rapport of scott & jean, it's very much implied that its mutual...

Old Post Feb 4th, 2012 12:29 PM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

lol I new u were gunna say that lol.

All joking asside they have always been so vague as to what that really even means. I was always under the impression it was more like the bond wolverine and psylocke had. Dont think he could see her romantic fantasy at least it was never implied that he could.

They could hear each other's thoughts. For me it was always implied that when one of them had a random thought, the other heard it.

I'd say it was much deeper than what Logan and Psylocke had; they were married after all.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 4th, 2012 01:52 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

The Lover's Link that Scott and Jean had was huge on the feats scale.

Scott learned powerful repellent/telepathic talents in his relationship with Jean. Their children inherited such talents.

Jean back in the day defeated Apocalypse via such a link when he focused on Scott as a vessel of destruction. She telepathically took over Poccy through Scott.

Emma Frost recently defeated an indestructible Mr Sinister (an Apocalypse lackey) with the same technique when Sinister tried to telepathically control Cyclops.

There is a reason why Cyclops attracts telepaths. And why a non-telepath won't have a decent relationship with him. He harnesses telepaths due to his history with them. He understands them. Jean, Psyocke and Frost.

Any fictional relationship with Storm and Scott won't last long. She simply can't handle him. He is an extreme manipulator. They are both natural leaders but Scott is a tactical machine whereas Storm is just wise.

These two should never get together. And if they did it would be because of a mistake in judgment. A quicky.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2012 07:37 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

So, if I understand correctly, everybody agree that Cyclops is kind of like an immense douche?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2012 01:35 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I don't think he's a douche at all. He loved his wife. She died and he's surrounded by babes.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2012 04:38 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
So, if I understand correctly, everybody agree that Cyclops is kind of like an immense douche?

No.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 5th, 2012 05:43 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Sabretooth
"Sever all ties" meaning no way of communication. Scott didn't leave Maddy a way to contact him, he didn't tell her where he was going to be, didn't say when he expected to return and didn't try to contact her until part-way through the next issue. I'll estimate around twenty days of zero communication between Scott and his family. He may not have meant for it to be permanent, but I would still consider Scott to have severed all ties for that twenty-day period. I couldn't imagine not being able to talk to my kid for twenty days. Keeping my child from me would be the worst thing you could do to me. I would think any father worth his salt would feel the same way. I also don't buy that Madelyne's telepathic influence was effecting Scott all that much in these issues. Her mental influence always seemed to draw Scott closer to her and keep him with her, like Maddy being able to guess his favorite foods and the possibility of it effecting the outcome of the fight for leadership between Cyclops and Storm. He was probably able to resist her mental influence because he wanted to see Jean THAT BAD, though it does sound as if he planned to go back home to his family eventually. That doesn't change the fact that he wasn't there to protect his family from the Reavers and could have potentially gotten both of them killed as a result of his selfish actions. I doubt he could have handled the Reavers anyway, especially if Sabretooth was there. Matter of fact, Sinister would have to just send Sabretooth. He can handle Cyclops alone (take THAT!).

Scott has always been quiet and reserved, he didn't communicate his feelings first to Maddy when their marriage was rocky, and later to Jean when they were having marital problems, so this behavior has been with the character since the early X-Men comics when he liked Jean but couldn't communicate his feelings to her easily even back then. He should have told Maddy what was really going on and told Jean he was married from the start. Period. Warren was closer to the situation than probably anybody else and he agrees with me, the whole team does. They were the ones who eventually had to tell Jean about Scott's marriage, and she had to confront him later before he would talk about it. Emma is probably a better match for him in this respect. She's at least pushy enough to get him to come out of his shell and open up to her some of the time. She might have fallen in love with Scott, but "homewreckers" fall in love all the time. Her actions still ruined two people's relationship, or at least ruined it quicker.

I think Jean and Logan are a crappy couple because Logan is supposed to have a strong sense of honor. It seems to me he does things that would go against his code of honor all the time, like trying to get in the pants of a woman that is involved with a man that he supposedly respects or forgetting his duty to his teammates while he goes off to the woods somewhere to growl and lick his emotional wounds. Jean is just a boring character. Marvel realized this years ago and tried to breath life into her with a facelift called "Phoenix". It wasn't enough to make her interesting so they created "Dark Phoenix", and having no other place to take the character creatively, they killed her off. Some years later they bring her back with a slightly new power set in a reunion of the original X-Men, but she was still boring so they kill her off again. She is a better dead legend than an on-going character in my opinion. I hope they leave her dead for good this time.

Back to Storm though, I never have thought that there is enough room for her and Cyclops in the same book. I know there's like ten different X-Men comics running right now, so my guess is that if they do bring her back to the team, she wouldn't share many of the same issues with Scott. He could use more officers anyway, but she's proven in the past that she's independent, strong-willed and likes making her own decisions unless the guy giving the orders is in a wheelchair. I foresee an eventual clash between Storm and Cyclops about team philosophy.

oh, so it's a Sabretooth thing now, is it?

That's the thing, though: Scott was able to communicate his feelings with Jean throughout their marriage; it was only when Apocalypse got inside his head and shattered some of his preconceptions that he began to draw away. I do wonder, though, that if Jean had pushed a little, maybe he would have come around. She was the love of his life after all. Yes, he should have told Jean from the start. I don't agree that he should have told Maddie, though. Yes, you can say Emma contributed to their demise, but tbh, the marriage was on the rocks already; I don't blame Emma any more than I do Jean or Scott (or Logan or Apocalypse) for the breakup of their marriage.

I would have seen that too, but Cyclops' shift back towards something resembling "in character" would make them get on better. Remember, for many years Scott and Ororo were very close friends.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 6th, 2012 07:14 AM
Sabretooth
I was dead. I got better.

oh, so it's a Sabretooth thing now, is it?

What do you mean "now"? It's ALWAYS a Sabretooth thing.
Scott was able to communicate his feelings with Jean throughout their marriage; it was only when Apocalypse got inside his head and shattered some of his preconceptions that he began to draw away.

I doubt you and I will ever agree on whether Scott's communication level with his lady-friends is adequate or not, so I'm not even going to try. I still contend that Scott "ditched" his family, which was the basis of our whole argument. It was an act so disagreeable that a future writer had to retcon Scott's state of mind at the time, as Peejayd mentioned earlier.
Originally posted by peejayd
I don't know but this is my opinion… the implusiveness of previous writers to revive X-Factor using the original five X-men, forced them (writers) to let Scott abandon his family… NOT Scott's fault… the fact that proceeding writers retconned that Scott's mind was unstable at that time, and was messed by Madelyne (who turned out to be Goblin Queen) clearly shows that it was really out-of-character for him to do such thing…

Good point. I think that if a future writer has to add plot elements such as mind control to explain why characters are acting like huge jerks when you're writing them, you need a new job. It's does argue in my favor how wrong Scott's actions were.
I would have seen that too, but Cyclops' shift back towards something resembling "in character" would make them get on better. Remember, for many years Scott and Ororo were very close friends.

Friends yes, but they are also both born leaders. Having too many leaders will mess up team dynamic, at least from a writer's standpoint. It'll be too easy for Marvel to write in some strife between these two. Remember when Storm splintered off to create "Extreme" X-Men? Having two leaders would be too confusing to the soldiers carrying out orders when those two leaders disagree on a course of action. Some soldiers will follow one while the rest will follow the other. Might make for good stories though, seeing where the loyalties of certain team members really are (or aren't).
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

As much as I'd like to answer this the other way just to get -Pr- going, I have to say no. A "douche" is a person who is acting stupidly and Cyclops is far from a stupid person. He's a LOT of things, but "douche" isn't one of them.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2012 01:23 AM
Sabretooth is currently offline Click here to Send Sabretooth a Private Message Find more posts by Sabretooth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

As much as I'd like to answer this the other way just to get -Pr- going, I have to say no. A "douche" is a person who is acting stupidly and Cyclops is far from a stupid person. He's a LOT of things, but "douche" isn't one of them.

So, he's an *******, than?

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 12:26 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

No.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 07:42 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Nah he's not an xxxxxxx either. Jean cheated on him too. Perks of the job.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 09:27 AM
Sabretooth

Somewhat related to this discussion, UncannyXmen.net has updated their relationship map for Valentine's Day.

Link:
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/artic...amp;fldAuto=189

I noticed that Wolverine is quite the man-whore. I also noticed that pretty much all the X-Men are weiner cousins. I figured a lot of them were already, but not that many. Damn. There is also no connection between Cyclops and Storm (yet).

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 04:16 AM
Sabretooth is currently offline Click here to Send Sabretooth a Private Message Find more posts by Sabretooth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Somewhat related to this discussion, UncannyXmen.net has updated their relationship map for Valentine's Day.

Link:
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/artic...amp;fldAuto=189

I noticed that Wolverine is quite the man-whore. I also noticed that pretty much all the X-Men are weiner cousins. I figured a lot of them were already, but not that many. Damn. There is also no connection between Cyclops and Storm (yet).

Man, Wolverine is a PIMP.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 04:22 AM
dyajeep

It was an act so disagreeable that a future writer had to retcon Scott's state of mind at the time, as Peejayd mentioned earlier.

* just for clarification, according to PR's statements, Scott never really ditched/abandoned Madelyne, he just left to see if Jean was alive… I just added the fact that many people accepted the fact that Scott really abandoned Madelyne and Nathan without any remorse, which - technically speaking - is obviously out-of-character on Scott's part…

I noticed that Wolverine is quite the man-whore.

* then, Logan IS the douche… funny, did you see the red line (single date/kissed/one night stand) that connect between him and Rose Wu? big grin

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 10:40 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

I can't understand that map on the least bit. But maybe that's because I'm not really concentrating....?

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 04:16 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anodyne

Miffed

Yeah, he didn't ditch Madelyne until AFTER young Nathan was born. Big differance.

He was neglecting Madelyne before the birth: Every X-Man in Paris took the time to call Scott's pregnant wife--except Scott. IMHO that was what first caused Maddie to see the X-Men as rivals for her husband's interest.

Scott and Ororo should have a relationship--but not a romantic or sexual relationship.

"I am not just Jean Grey's clone. I'm Madelyne Pryor--the one and only."--X-Man #30

Old Post Mar 25th, 2012 06:39 PM
Anodyne is currently offline Click here to Send Anodyne a Private Message Find more posts by Anodyne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Scott and Ororo should have sex. There kid will be the next super Xman!

The power of the Earth's elements mixed with the infinite energies of the Crimson dimension. A match made in heaven. Jean's dead and Emma's a *****.

Cyclops needs to make a baby with Storm........pronto! Of all the Xmen, Scott and Ororo have always been the best 2 leaders of the Xmen. Who better?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2012 07:53 PM
Sabretooth

Originally posted by Anodyne
He was neglecting Madelyne before the birth: Every X-Man in Paris took the time to call Scott's pregnant wife--except Scott. IMHO that was what first caused Maddie to see the X-Men as rivals for her husband's interest.

I would say she had a valid concern. Guys that blow off their family for their career need to check their priorities.
Originally posted by Anodyne
Scott and Ororo should have a relationship--but not a romantic or sexual relationship.

What kind of relationship do you mean? They're already friends and teammates that respect one another. Where else can you take it from there without it getting romantic or sexual?
Originally posted by the ninjak
Scott and Ororo should have sex. There kid will be the next super Xman!

The power of the Earth's elements mixed with the infinite energies of the Crimson dimension. A match made in heaven. Jean's dead and Emma's a *****.

Cyclops needs to make a baby with Storm........pronto! Of all the Xmen, Scott and Ororo have always been the best 2 leaders of the Xmen. Who better?

**facepalms**

Old Post Mar 26th, 2012 04:24 AM